BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Board changes

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost certain you have that wrong.

When he signed his new contract back in Nov., it was stated time and again that it ran until June 2013.

Are you trying to insinuate that the club actually tells the truth Mr Mercer?

I'm going to stick by my guns on this one, either we will part company (with him on gardening leave until June) or he will sign a new deal.

Are you trying to insinuate that the club actually tells the truth Mr Mercer?

I'm going to stick by my guns on this one, either we will part company (with him on gardening leave until June) or he will sign a new deal.

Pedro - you seem pretty confident which could be good news for Rovers' fans. Hope / trust you are right !

Pedro - you seem pretty confident which could be good news for Rovers' fans. Hope / trust you are right !

I think that if it turns out to be true the Venkys have to then make a positive appointment and that will go some way to building bridges they can kick on from that by disappearing into the shadows and start to get basic things right. They simply have to walk away, or change their ways...fast.

Both my heart and my brain tell me that they won't pay for an experienced replacement and don't make common sense decisions, so even if Kean goes I don't hold out much hope. As I've stated before though and from what other managers allude to, I get the feeling that as bad a manager Kean is, he is probably doing a shed load of extra work behind the scenes and I can't imagine an experienced manager putting up with that or wanting to buy into it.

What about Lee Clark, young, enthusiastic and a great record at Huddersfield

We need new owners before we even begin discussing potential managers. Venkys will do the cheapest, easiest option.

I would take Lee Clark when we drop. Good work ethic with a sound bit of experience alongside him in Terry McDermott.

Failing that Bruce and Black would be the obvious choice, but then again the obvious thing to do was sack this muppet but they couldnt see that.

I've just listened to the Eric Black interview on talksport, it's unbelievable. Saying that the amount of good work Kean has achieved is like '3 seasons worth'.

He says Keans hard work has put the club in a really good position for the future. Like all this cost saving and getting rid of our best players is a good thing!

Unbelievable what he's trying to get people to accept!

It's also disrespectful to the Trust and John William etc who for 10 years made us an example of how to run a small club.

What is says to me is that they are preparing for a sale. The trust did the same thing towards the end, ie reduced the debt as much as possible to attract a buyer. I really hope so anyway.

And I wouldn't want Black anywhere near the club either, he talks just as much rubbish as Kean.

I see Adam Pearson has just left Hull City, wasn't he approached for the Chief Executive job a few months back?? I seem to remember that he's got a good CV so I wonder if he could still be an option. It would be nice to think that if Kean finally gets moved on somewhere, we could appoint a proper manager and Chief Executive to run the club.

That's if Mrs D and co decide to stay that is...

Adam Pearson would be a good choice as CEO!

My choice for manager when/if we are in the Championship is Mick McCarthy or Billy Davies. Both have experience in Championship and getting teams promote.

Outside bet would be Alan Shearer or Tugay with a good number 2.

I see Adam Pearson has just left Hull City, wasn't he approached for the Chief Executive job a few months back?? I seem to remember that he's got a good CV so I wonder if he could still be an option. It would be nice to think that if Kean finally gets moved on somewhere, we could appoint a proper manager and Chief Executive to run the club.

That's if Mrs D and co decide to stay that is...

My choice for manager when/if we are in the Championship is Mick McCarthy or Billy Davies. Both have experience in Championship and getting teams promote.

Why ?

What has he achieved ?

You could be right. Looking back at this article of when he turned us down, the key comment for me is, 'His nous is seen to be vital to the inexperienced owners', Something we certainly need...!

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/HULL-CITY-Adam-Pearson-rejects-Premier-League/story-12766066-detail/story.html

But if he didn't want the job then, then I'd be surprised if he wanted it now unless Venkys change their attitude towards the club and attempt to run it properly. I'm sure Karen Silk has down a great job in reducing costs and the wage bill, but someone still needs to know about running a football club and engaging with the fans and media properly. The Hunts and Agnew are currently failing miserably in that field...

Oh, and for what its worth, I can see the attraction in McCarthy and Davies - guys that have been there and done it. Personally, I'd like someone along the lines of Hughton, Poyet or even perhaps Solksjaer or Tugay - with a good backroom team round them. A risk, yes, but I'd would love to get another Lambert/Rodgers type manager to lead us back into the Premiership when we finally fall.

Ultimately of course, I just want to feel proud of my club again, and I'm not sure that can happen with these current owners...

I've just listened to the Eric Black interview on talksport, it's unbelievable. Saying that the amount of good work Kean has achieved is like '3 seasons worth'.

He says Keans hard work has put the club in a really good position for the future. Like all this cost saving and getting rid of our best players is a good thing!

Unbelievable what he's trying to get people to accept!

It's also disrespectful to the Trust and John William etc who for 10 years made us an example of how to run a small club.

What is says to me is that they are preparing for a sale. The trust did the same thing towards the end, ie reduced the debt as much as possible to attract a buyer. I really hope so anyway.

And I wouldn't want Black anywhere near the club either, he talks just as much rubbish as Kean.

Perhaps he is eyeing Keans job.

You could be right. Looking back at this article of when he turned us down, the key comment for me is, 'His nous is seen to be vital to the inexperienced owners', Something we certainly need...!

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/HULL-CITY-Adam-Pearson-rejects-Premier-League/story-12766066-detail/story.html

But if he didn't want the job then, then I'd be surprised if he wanted it now unless Venkys change their attitude towards the club and attempt to run it properly. I'm sure Karen Silk has down a great job in reducing costs and the wage bill, but someone still needs to know about running a football club and engaging with the fans and media properly. The Hunts and Agnew are currently failing miserably in that field...

Oh, and for what its worth, I can see the attraction in McCarthy and Davies - guys that have been there and done it. Personally, I'd like someone along the lines of Hughton, Poyet or even perhaps Solksjaer or Tugay - with a good backroom team round them. A risk, yes, but I'd would love to get another Lambert/Rodgers type manager to lead us back into the Premiership when we finally fall.

Ultimately of course, I just want to feel proud of my club again, and I'm not sure that can happen with these current owners...

I agree with all ur points.

I just want to feel proud of my Blackburn Rovers again!!!

The club the Jack Walker built and he will always be a legend! we will always sing him name whoever the owners are!!!

According to the accounts for year ending 30 June 2011, the net debt was £26.3 m. So is it even possible for it to be true that there is no debt now ?

ONLY if our cost cutting and sales of Samba/ Jones has gone into the debt.....which whilst possible, seems unlikely!

Archived