BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Board changes

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Adam Pearson has just left Hull City, wasn't he approached for the Chief Executive job a few months back?? I seem to remember that he's got a good CV so I wonder if he could still be an option. It would be nice to think that if Kean finally gets moved on somewhere, we could appoint a proper manager and Chief Executive to run the club.

That's if Mrs D and co decide to stay that is...

IMO, overrated and not the answer.

Wouldn't be my choice but wouldn't look beyond Silk.

Why would someone like Hughton leave a better job to come here?

Agree, though would think Brum not without problems.

Hughton did a very good job at Newcastle and is doing same for Brum. His stock is rising and destined for better than Rovers can offer under Venky's. Speculation this morning that destined for WBA.

My main concern is that he's been out of it for 3 1/2 years now.

Win %

Curbs = 38.31%, most recent prem club 40.85%

Bruce = 36.54%, most recent club 29.59%

Allardyce = 40.40%, at Rovers 34.56%

Hughes = 40.71%, at Rovers 43.62%

Interesting stat though, and who I'd rather we went for - Chris Hughton win % of 46.94%

Hughton's done a good job at Birmingham, given they've sold everyone they could. He's got them playing as a team to compensate for their lack of talent.

Adkins wouldn't be a bad shout but would be very hard to get. Should the impossible happen then it really needs to be someone who knows the championship and the prem as surely even the money grabbers want back into the promised land?

If being honest though surely even the chicken people can see the club is falling apart, galvanisng in any form is desperately needed and has been for sometime. If they do see the light then if being honest I'd go for Tugay and hope Black would stay and support him (although if he keeps mouthing off about super kean I'll change my mind). Black knows the league and Tugay is LEGEND, you'd hope he could after his experiences at Gala etc be able to get us competing in the league. It would also so they've changed and are considering the fans.

If we go down, Tugay and an experienced No.2 would be my first choice.

Did someone seriously suggest Nigel Adkins? **** me, what planet you on? He's livin' the dream. He's taken Southampton from the murky depths of League One to the big time, and now he's going to dump all that and switch to a club heading in the opposite direction? Oh my word.

Why would someone like Hughton leave a better job to come here?

There are a lot of financial problems at Brum (talk of a transfer embargo) and he may feel he has taken them as far as he can. If he becomes available I can see a lot of clubs being interested, unfortunately ones that are far more attractive than a rotten to the core Rovers.

I don't see who we will be able to attract if Kean finally goes, I suspect we won't get anyone decent until the owners are go and a suitable owner/management structure at the top comes in.

Adkins wouldn't be a bad shout but would be very hard to get.

Did someone seriously suggest Nigel Adkins? **** me, what planet you on? He's livin' the dream. He's taken Southampton from the murky depths of League One to the big time, and now he's going to dump all that and switch to a club heading in the opposite direction? Oh my word.

Are you incapable of reading full sentences? Or does surrounding yourself with giant boobies restrict your vision?

Wolves linked to Holloway

West Brom linked to Hughton

Not a great field of available/ inspiring managers out there is there??

Curbishley

McCarthy

Bruce

Poyet/ Di Canio both risky

Grayson maybe, but in a new job

Or dream candidate which will never happen now- Rafa

I don't think we'd have a chance of getting any manager other than those with top flight/Championship experience but damaged in some way, or up and coming managers from League One or Two.

I'd go for Paolo Di Canio, got Swindon promoted in their first season after going down, and they knocked Wigan out of the FA Cup. Doubt he'd cost a lot and would look at a chance at a club like Rovers as a leg up. Of course there's always the risk that he might be another Ince but that's the risk of the market we're in these days. Plus the Mrs. might renew - she'd much prefer to see Di Canio on the touchline than that sweaty, fat bald little weasel we've got now .... ;)

• Backroom

Paul Tisdale, just got exeter relegated after getting them promoted so will be used to disappointment.

Are you incapable of reading full sentences? Or does surrounding yourself with giant boobies restrict your vision?

Not at all. Keeps me abreast of the situation.

"Very hard" should read "Virtually impossible, why am I even bothering to type this?"

Let's look at it from a different perspective. Any future manager of Blackburn Rovers under Venky's ownership knows that no matter what the results, their popularity with the fans or players, or what they say in the media, they will not be sacked in a hurry... Or at all.

Take a punt on flitcroft and jansen he has done well in both of his manager posts so far, and is passionate about the club and knows it like the back of his hand.

Surely these qualities would exclude him from consideration under the current regime. They want lackeys and lapdogs not passionate club men.

Take a punt on flitcroft and jansen he has done well in both of his manager posts so far, and is passionate about the club and knows it like the back of his hand.

I think the only way forward is to bring in one of our own. Trouble is the way they systematically removed everyone who fit that bill means it most likely won't happen. Rovers needs rebuilding top to toe and the only way to get as many fans back as possible is to start that process. A Legend returning would go a long way provided it's done right and they realise it's the only way they'll get fans back onside fully in the long term. I don't see others IE non rovers being able to do this as Rovers was a very different club to most.

I'd even consider a Nelsen + Strong Number 2 and a year in the championship whilst he finds his feet.

I'd even consider a Nelsen + Strong Number 2 and a year in the championship whilst he finds his feet.

I think we'll be in the Championship a whole lot longer than a year. Assuming we don't go down again.

Surely these qualities would exclude him from consideration under the current regime. They want lackeys and lapdogs not passionate club men.

Einsteins words fit here perfectly 'doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results are the actions of the insane'. Surely if they have a single cell between them they must realise their current approach has failed and anew one is needed?

If they don't have the intelligence to figure this out or their staff haven't the B0ll0ck5 to tell them, well it's only going to get worse.

So we've reduced the wage bill but we have also been reduced to a Championship club....some real cold comfort there eh folks. <_<

After all that has gone (t!ts up) on since they took over the club,I dont think Venky's now the difference between their arse and their elbow,never mind finding a competent good manager to lead this club forward.

We will untimately lurch from one disaster to the next with these buffoons in charge!...

They want lackeys and lapdogs not passionate club men.

As John Williams found out to his cost of 'not towing the party line' <_<

so venkys are saying he will be sacked 'if we go down'? so if we manage somehow to survive, he will still be in a job? how does that work? how close to being relegated do we need to be to get rid of the vile clown?, its not kean we want removing, if, i mean when we go down, its the bleedin' lot of em!!!

No, of course not.

As Black states that he believes that Kean should be awarded a knighthood, nevermind the Manager of the Year, then clearly he is as deranged as the 'special one' himself. So my first reaction to his claim that Rovers no longer have any debt is to assume that it is just more lies. However, it did get me wondering if it could be true. According to the accounts for year ending 30 June 2011, the net debt was £26.3 m. So is it even possible for it to be true that there is no debt now ?

Gary Neville for manager

Talks more sense than Kean

Never. I have cancelled my Sunday Mail because he is their main football writer.

Kean won't be "sacked" as such because his contract is up in June ;)

Like I said a few weeks back, this comes from a very good source who I have no reason to doubt.

Only time will tell though and rather than being excited, I dread to think who will take over and as BA would say, "I pity the fool".

Kean won't be "sacked" as such because his contract is up in June ;)

Like I said a few weeks back, this comes from a very good source who I have no reason to doubt.

Only time will tell though and rather than being excited, I dread to think who will take over and as BA would say, "I pity the fool".

Almost certain you have that wrong.

When he signed his new contract back in Nov., it was stated time and again that it ran until June 2013.

Archived