BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steven Kean 'Attacked'

MG road = Ranulf Westwood.

Ain't he just.. Like I said earlier he waits and reads all posts and then boom , replies when he's sat down and thought of something. He's a dingle with a hard on for winding up rovers fans. So Steve rang him up and told him this did he and because he got told then its true ... Mg PROVE it.

Mind you it is a kean tactic .... Blame it on someone else. It's never your fault , it's never your fault , Steve keans a liar it's never your fault.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and having just read "Steve's" comments that the Wigan match is the biggest game of the season at ewood does that mean MG that the fat bint and her slimy cronies will be in attendance ? And I don't mean sneak in before and leave before the end. WE WANT VENKYSOUT

Any paper that hires Polly Toynbee is not 'slightly left of centre'. I seem to have hit a slight nerve with my critsism of the Guardian it seems, maybe this will will change your mind about their credibility...

http://www.guardian....manager-of-year

Just spotted this rubbish.

That article was written back in March when Rovers had pulled themselves 6 points clear of the bottom 3 and it looked like we might survive. There were plenty of people then saying Kean was improving and he should stay on as manager next season so in view of events on and off the field the article is not unreasonable and entire "credible".

Polly Tollybee has been an often lone voice of the left of centre for many years and and is a welcome antidote to the rantings of people such as Max Hasting,s Luke Johnson and Richard Littlejohn in the right-wing press. When you talk about "credibility" perhaps you should look at yourself and your stance towards those people and publications who you seem to despise.

Annoyed me when Kean referred to the club as 'We' not his club & never will be.

He has often referred to the club as "ours" "we" etc and with MG arguing (in another thread) that Steve Kean should be protected PR wise even when that is at the expense of Venky's and BRFC, coupled with the fact that he can basically do what he wants and not get sacked , it just does make you wonder doesn't it?

It's though it quite well known that I don't have the greatest relationship with PAPR, I strongly suspect in this case they are innocent and MG Road's explanation is much more likely. I was getting the first accounts of the incident (in pretty much the second form of the story) a few hours after it happened and I think it's likely that it got quickly passed through Chinese whispers until it grew into a much more fanciful story than it started, before somebody decided to call the sports desk at the Star (or prodded a take journo on twitter).

Given how many times the club has been burnt because news has leaked in the days it takes to prepare a press statement (the Pune trip being one of many many example where I've had to keep news under my hat for days until a press statement is prepared) do you really think they could have got this out to the press so quickly intentionally?

Sadly MG Road's explanation, whilst based upon assumptions, is more likely than the conspiracy theories.

I think it's likely that it got quickly passed through Chinese whispers until it grew into a much more fanciful story than it started

Sounds exactly like the 'restaurant twitter incident' where allegedly Kean was threatened and feared for his family's safety and the constantly repeated stories about his need for a bodyguard.

I do not believe that the Daily Star ran the 'attack' story without them knowing the source of the story. The idea it came from a taxi driver or canteen assistant is just laughable.

I know you say he's kosher but I think mr Maureen is nearer with ranulf.

I didn't say I knew him or vouch for him. Only that I know who he his, his current role and employers and that I've been in the same place as him a few times (he's in one of my photos from Pune).

I've no idea of his legitimacy or motives

Hello, M.G. You still haven't properly responded to post 662 of the Shebby Singh thread. We'd appreciate an answer...

Sorry. The reason I've not replied is that I have nothing new to offer info wise.

Everybody is just repeating pretty much word-for-word what Vineeth Rao said in his statement to the press on the same day.

Just spotted this rubbish.

That article was written back in March when Rovers had pulled themselves 6 points clear of the bottom 3 and it looked like we might survive. There were plenty of people then saying Kean was improving and he should stay on as manager next season so in view of events on and off the field the article is not unreasonable and entire "credible".

Even mentioning Kean in an article about managers of the year is a sham considering the chaos he is so complicit in bringing about.

Behave jim, just because it's in your beloved Grauniad doesn't make it credible.

It was a riduclous article then, just as now.

Pardew? Rodgers? Lambert? No, a bloke who had plunged an established club in to two relegation battles in 16 months.

Can't believe I'm doing this but at least Kean came out and demonstrated that this article was a load of rubbish. The story was clearly intended to damage the Rovers supporters and portray Kean as being unreasonably threatened.

Just shows what the hacks in London want to say. Tomorrows chip papers until they finally collapse as newspapers, the 'net will finish them off, that and their inability to check their 'stories', biased rags.

Steve Kean attacked? Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case on Monday night after what he's been saying about being manager next season.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Or even worse, I wouldn't like to be Kean if he's still at the club next season.

Kean will surely be gone next season, if for no other reason than we won't be able to afford for a bodyguard and driver next year.

I presume he also has a "Championship salary" too.

Archived