BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Right now, we are totally in shock"

Well that's probably because you only listened to Kean's BS all season about how we'll never get relegated and everything was positive.

It wouldn't have been a shock to you if you had listened to the Fans, John Williams, P.Hunt, the Board of Directors, Ian B / Ian C, former non scottish players, Andy Cryer, local MPs, the leader of B&D council, Sir Bill, Salgado, Nelsen, Robinson, the Pune 9, this messageboard, the LT comments section, the non-SEM media, Twitter, Facebook..ANYONE who could have spoken the TRUTH about the shocking regime Kean was running.

To everyone else we were only heading in one direction.

+1.

This sums up my confusion about their confusion. :wacko:

Not even a contest, I love Allardyce in comparison to this bloody lying swine :angry2:

You are becoming wise. ;)

His fake sense of mourning was pathetic and transparent. The real thing I see here is the fear in his voice. What was honest was the bit about confusion..so true they don’t know what they are doing, they find running a football club confusing! I bet it is not knowing anything about it!

How can they be in total shock? It's not as though relegation came out the blue, the writing was on the wall from before the turn of the year.

Unless, they literally don't pay any attention whatsoever and purely listen only to Keans BS. If that's the case, it's yet another reason he should be getting binned off as he's clearly been lying to them!

Nevermind, let's waste a month whilst other clubs are already preparing for the season ahead eh?..... good luck to us, we're going to need it.

So nearly a month after being relegated and after our disgrace of a manager has been in India for a number of days for talks, all you have to say to ease the fears of the fans is that the club is a state on confusion and you don't know what is going with the future of the manager? When you think that these people couldn't get any more incompetent, they come out with a statement like that to sink to an even greater low. A statement like this just reinforces the opinion that Venky's aren't calling the shots.

Meanwhile, Steve Kean starts back at Brockhall, walking around the corridors whistling away to himself, while spinning his keys, with not a care in the world.

You would think that if one of them was going to speak out they would have at least worked on a rousing script to get everyone's attention and let us know how they were going to prime us for the exciting and positive times ahead. Yet we get this shambolic, nothingness of an interview, that basically sums up their tenure at our once great club - chaos and confusion. If we didn't know already, Venkys are not fit and proper owners of a football club. No second chances from me, Kean and Venkys out.

His fake sense of mourning was pathetic and transparent. The real thing I see here is the fear in his voice. What was honest was the bit about confusion..so true they don’t know what they are doing, they find running a football club confusing! I bet it is not knowing anything about it!

I think you're right. He was trying to project concern, distress, i.e. mourning. I think it was faked as he was definitely in avoidance mode. A trust me, I'm concerned and I know the fans are angry but I'm not going to tell you anything except spout platitudes attitude.

I didn't see fear. I saw hypocrisy. Kindly give us time to make a decision as we are confused.

1. What have they ever done for the Rovers to deserve either kindness or patience? They are destroyers, not creators.

2. Their assertion of "confusion" lends credence to suggestions that they are corrupt or incompetent. What is there to be confused about? Let me help you Venkys (free of charge, no consulting fee):

a. Sack Kean immediately.

b. Sack Agnew immediately.

c. Sack Newsham immediately.

d. Don't listen to JA, don't speak to him and don't socialize with him.

e. Contact John Williams and Tom Finn.

f. Apologize to both.

g. Ask their advice.

h. If one or both are available, hire them on whatever terms they request.

i. Let them (or their suggested CEO) hire a new manager on an expedited basis, without your input (which, after all, would likely be "confused").

j. Carry through on your promise of 5 million cash injected per transfer window. Note- this is not money generated by transfer fees, but new money in addition to transfer fees.

k. Sit quietly in Pune while real professionals (note- in my opinion this does not include Kean, JA, Agnew or anyone else connected with that lot) sort the club. Based on past experience, you should be good at that.

There you go. Confusion solved. And anyone who suggests deviating from that plan is not acting in your or the Rovers best interests.

Well at least we have a clear plan :blink: Found the bit from 1:22 telling...

Interviewer: "As far as the manager is concerned there will be some sort of decision in the next month or so?"

Venky: "Well I really don't know on that issue, I think we are talking about various things so many erm about the manager, about the players, about the staff, about the club nothing can be said right away with regards to this so if you could kindly bare with us for some time and the whole picture will become clear."

That throws up to many things IMO.. we spend so much time these days trying to decypher what they are saying, but I get the feeling that everything is well and truely up in the air at the moment, but as ever will be a slow old process of utter confussion.

I may be taking a leap here, but in that context mentioning the club means they are seriously questioning their involvement with us which has cheered me up slightly even if I am jumping the gun. Also looking at his speach paterns he was more concise on the later aspect.. no erms, pauses or shifty eyes.

Annoyingly indecision will cause us more issues than I care to imagine, but hell that is the name of the game with Venkys.

I think you're right. He was trying to project concern, distress, i.e. mourning. I think it was faked as he was definitely in avoidance mode. A trust me, I'm concerned and I know the fans are angry but I'm not going to tell you anything except spout platitudes attitude.

I didn't see fear. I saw hypocrisy. Kindly give us time to make a decision as we are confused.

1. What have they ever done for the Rovers to deserve either kindness or patience? They are destroyers, not creators.

2. Their assertion of "confusion" lends credence to suggestions that they are corrupt or incompetent. What is there to be confused about? Let me help you Venkys (free of charge, no consulting fee):

f. Apologize to both.

g. Ask their advice.

i. Let them (or their suggested CEO) hire a new manager on an expedited basis, without your input (which, after all, would likely be "confused").

j. Carry through on your promise of 5 million cash injected per transfer window. Note- this is not money generated by transfer fees, but new money in addition to transfer fees.

k. Sit quietly in Pune while real professionals (note- in my opinion this does not include Kean, JA, Agnew or anyone else connected with that lot) sort the club. Based on past experience, you should be good at that.

There you go. Confusion solved. And anyone who suggests deviating from that plan is not acting in your or the Rovers best interests.

You’re right about the fear thing! The only fear I was sensing was oops what have we got ourselves into.

Spot on with the projected stuff..He’s not upset at all. Just wish I’d not listened to and watched that interview. Cannot get that pathetic sorry-school boy voice out of my head, it will haunt me!

I may just be clutching at straws, but after watch that 'interview', I'm under the impression that they want out. Hence why no decision has been made on Kean, let the new owners deal with him.

They have hopefully realised that they are out of their depth

In my view, the whole thing looks scripted. Questions like, will there be a decision in a "month or so", etc., not "When will there be a decision on the manager?" or "What possible justification exists for keeping Kean?"

The interviewer's questions appear to be designed to lead Venkatesh through the process so he would arrive at a predetermined destination.

In my view, the whole thing looks scripted. Questions like, will there be a decision in a "month or so", etc., not "When will there be a decision on the manager?" or "What possible justification exists for keeping Kean?"

The interviewer's questions appear to be designed to lead Venkatesh through the process so he would arrive at a predetermined destination.

that destination being incoherent claptrap :angry:

How can it be a shock for us to be relegated?

We've been gash all season ... it's not like we suddenly dropped ten places in May. Have they never heard of contingency planning? I get this picture of quarter past two am Venky time, at Madame Evil's lair ... "OMG madame, we have been relegated, what has happened, oh no!".

For such a big shock, I'm sure it would obviously require a period of 5 weeks afterwards to decide on whether to get rid of your useless bull-###### lying smug arrogant talentless coach.

It's natural to have confusion during this period. "We got relegated, unbelievable, what could possibly have been the root cause and what should we do?".

It doesn't pay to be hasty you know. We could get shot of Kean and he could end up taking over from Wenger and turning Arsenal into perpetual champions.

Guest Rovers4Good

Unreal doesn't come close :(

The are still in shock?????? REALLY

We were shocked when they got rid of big sam, we were shocked when they put Kean a man with no experience in charge, we were shocked when they signed Miles Anderson who was said to be the next Chris Smalling, we were shocked when they signed another unknown in Bruno Ribiero both of whom Kean knew were ###### or they wouldn't have been with the res's all year. We were shocked when we were rock bottom of the league and the owners left Kean to take all the flack when it should've been both parties, we were shocked that they did a chicken advert do i need to go on????

One thing that didn't come as a shock to the majority of the fans was that we were relegated and if the owners had listened to our concerns in the beginning then they wouldn't have been in this mess and as for still in shock "what a load of old tosh"

They have bleed our club dry and now they're trying to pull the wool over our eyes. :( It's not going to happen Mr and Mrs Chicken. :(

f. Apologize to both.

g. Ask their advice.

Brilliant post Steve...best ive read in a looooooooong time!! Fair play!!

Archived