BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever happens off the field it is clear next season is a write-off in terms of hoping for some sort of bounce-back. The best we can hope for is the club stablises at this lower level and does not sink any further. I'm not optimistic.

Think , you are right there , next season a right off , staying up is only aim ..

Well, what a complete an utter shambles this is?

Talk about complete lack of respect towards the fans! This coupled with the fact they have no idea what they are going to do proves that they are either horrendously stupid (we knew that anyway) or they are trying to sell up.

I don't usually post much on here, usually because I cannot put into words how angry and frustrated I am with how our club has gone down the toilet thanks to these people. But to expect us to 'bear with' them for a month whilst they do nothing is completly out of order! :(

Where do we go from here?

Just watched the video. IMO the guy honestly looks like he doesnt understand what relegation means and the consequences of it happening.

Genuinley looks like he hasnt got a clue, but then I'm unsurprised by this because he isn;t the one who makes the decisions. Could be anything from the following:

- They are trying to do a deal to sell the club and don't want to give anything away because to publicly come out with it means they are admitting themselves as failures, and its all about keeping face with these lot.

- Venkatesh wants to get rid of Kean but knows his sister doesnt want to do that but thinks he can convince her or something over the coming weeks.

- They simply have no money to pay Kean off, and will desperately try and sell as many players as possible to cover that, or just to make as much money as they can before disappearing into the wilderness to the forgotten by the World of football.

Really looking forward to the day when Venkys are gone!

I hear what everyone is saying and i want answers asap but i think those saying our pre-season plans will be destroyed are being a bit OTT..with the euros/holidays the players prob aint due to report back for pre-season until then anyway...

Hopefully the reason for this is they puttin all there effort into selling up and having the new buyers in place by this time. The 23rd of June isnt the worst time for new owners/managers to come in, at least 5 weeks before the start of the season and 8 before the end of the window to get whatever deals they can done...

Jesus H Christ, is that the same person? He looks totally different. He looks under pressure.

First of all, he says "next month" as in June. Not the next 4 weeks.

I think from that interview Kean is staying. What a joke we have become.

It makes my blood boil this situation.

SUMMER HOLIDAY TO PUNE ANYONE?

All that nonsense just reinforces my decision not to spend another penny on anything Rovers realted. The bumbling, stuttering fool must think we are as stupid as him and the other members of his idiotic family.

Really looking forward to the day when Venkys are gone!

Totally agree.

Unfortunately, feels like I have been mentally scared and every time I eat chicken, I will have flashbacks to this absolute nightmare.

I found that quite promising. I was expecting 'we back Kean 100%' and 'we are not selling'. Instead, we just got 'we're confused'.

Hopefully they have now realised selling the club is the best thing to do. Maybe Mrs D has put her foot down?!

I hear what everyone is saying and i want answers asap but i think those saying our pre-season plans will be destroyed are being a bit OTT..with the euros/holidays the players prob aint due to report back for pre-season until then anyway...

Hopefully the reason for this is they puttin all there effort into selling up and having the new buyers in place by this time. The 23rd of June isnt the worst time for new owners/managers to come in, at least 5 weeks before the start of the season and 8 before the end of the window to get whatever deals they can done...

What about the managers transfer dealings? Likely to miss out on an half decent freebies or any decent cheapo's.

Who will have the say on outgoing transfers?

As usual with Rovers there is a small glint of hope but at the same time plenty of things to be concerned about.

Kean wasn't backed in that interview, it must be the first time one of the owners has spoken and they have backed the manager publicly. At the same time they said it might take up to a month to decide, waiting a month could be disastrous for the club in terms of preparation for what will be a very difficult season.

I can only guess but selling seems a bit nearer after that.

It was different from any other interview they've done before. They might have been clueless on all other occasions but this is the first time they've actually admitted it.

He looked broken. defeated and totally lost. More please!

'10:36am Wednesday 23rd May 2012 in Sport By Andy Cryer, Blackburn Rovers reporter

STEVE Kean expects to remain Blackburn Rovers boss this season after resuming his managerial duties at Brockhall yesterday.

The under-fire Scot returned to work for the first time since holding two days of talks with Venky’s in India late last week – and is understood to be confident he retains the owners’ faith.

Kean returned to Rovers’ Brockhall training ground yesterday morning as manager and club sources confirmed he does not expect that to change.'

What about the managers transfer dealings? Likely to miss out on an half decent freebies or any decent cheapo's.

Who will have the say on outgoing transfers?

Realistically any freebies are gonna want nice lolly and we all know this shower aint gonna stump up any half decent amount to lure in any potential signings...all im saying is best we can hope for is they sell up and a new credible buyer/manager come in and not too much damage is done. Few of our decent boys decide to give it another year and we snap up a few established championship players and things could look a bit brighter...

Dont wanna tempt faith or a backlash on here but i reckon were not lookin at relegation either way, midtable at worst but not relegation....cue the vultures??? :)

Yet again , the most telling thing about the present situation ..

IS THE SILENCE OF KEAN

Anderson was allegedly with him yesteday at Brockhall , so expect some kind of media statement ....

Personally , I think Venkys are trying to get out !!!

Whether anyone wll buy at their price is another story ..

That's why all this talk of Kean leaving is quite frankly irrelevant.

These people don't know their ass from their elbow and the fact Kean STILL hasn't been kicked to the curb speaks volumes about the way this club is being "managed". The argument they're seeking out a replacement is still ridiculous, since the man doesn't deserve to keep his job either way and his odious presence at the club only serves to disenchant the fans. Get him sacked, put Black in temporary charge and maybe you'll get few floating supporters back onside.

time to be sticking your money on another relegation while the odds may still be high. Your probalby get 15/1 on it at this stage i would of thought.... I will be defo be putting at least a tenner on this. Shambles

Might be worth a flutter ...

Archived