BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

It basically sounds like there are two possibilities of why such a delay may happen:

1) They are biding their time as they either can't or won't get rid of Kean and they think this will give them some breathing space before the season starts.

2) They are selling and don't want to pay out the compo on their watch.

I'm seriously hoping for the latter!

The latter sounds likely to me. Perhaps wishful thinking.

It is pretty galling to think that Khan, the Ians or even a supporters trust will have to pay Kean off if the Venkys sell...

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a few thoughts/hypothetical scenarios.

1) Kean is a gonner. As part of the severance package, Kean/Anderson get to negotiate the sale of our top players that no longer want to be with us. They promise to get top dollar for all want away players over the next month, take their cut and walk away.

2) Above scenario but with the twist that the club is being sold and they want to raise as much cash as possible to take from the club before selling, leaving with a nice little profit after 18 months.

3) They are skint and can't afford to get rid of until they raise some funds from a fire sale.

4) They are in discussions with potential successers to Kean and are trying to put pressure on them to lower their demands befopre installing them and replacing Kean.

5) They are not getting rid of Kean, they are not selling, they don't know what they are doing or haven't yet been told what they should do.

Point no 5 i think.

Venky says:

In total shock at relegation and still reflecting on the whole thing as a club.

Honest discussion with SK. We have to come back at any cost.

Still everything is in discussion with players, manager etc. In the next month, will be in a position to talk about SK.

Kindly bear with us and the whole thing will be clearer.

That tells us nothing.

My guess is that they're in the process of negotiating a sale. Why else would they wait for another 4 weeks?

By the way, he looked pretty ill and under immense pressure.

Not the self-assured, smiling Venky we saw in the early days.

Thanks, Mudd.

More questions than answers, but it's likely Kean is out on his arse.

"within the next month" draws possible conclusions that they are seeking a replacement and have put him on gardening leave.

More stories to come out - other legal matters ?

If they are open to offers they will want to make a profit and who has the money or is willing to pay £25 million plus for a business that has been reduced to a shell of its former self over the past 20 months ?

Like, "trust us because we know what's best"?

The whole situation is a shambles. We can only hope this delay is down to them wanting rid of the club, at least then we can cleanse the rot and start to properly rebuild.

If they are open to offers they will want to make a profit and who has the money or is willing to pay £25 million plus for a business that has been reduced to a shell of its former self over the past 20 months ?

We can only hope they've already found someone Jim, otherwise we're really up the creek without a paddle.

So after lots of nonsense do we have a manager or not, will the turd be doing planning? How on earth can any planning be done for next season if there isn't a manager in place? This is the biggest piece of nonsense that they have come out with yet and their 'advisors' clearly haven't told them how important pre season is. Time was of the essence and they have just almost guaranteed that next season will be one almighty struggle to stay up.

Speechless really.

Was that interview approved by the new Director of Communications?

If that is what they call 'communication' with the fans then they are just plain stupid.

Yet again the supporters are treated with nothing but contempt.

Venky says:

/quote]

Months ago at Wigan, this same idiot said much the same thing, assured us it would all be sorted out and concluded with the immortal words "everyone will be happy."

Months later we are even less happy than we were then because their assurances were worthless and the club has gone the way most of us forecast it would.

Now they are asking us to be patient for a month of the close season, when at the end of it they are quite likely to leave things as they are.

If we were to be promoted the process would have to start now so we were fit, raring to go and united when the season started.

I can only hope they are pulling out, no other course will do. Even then, new owners should be down to work already.

The most likely outcome of all this is a mass exodus of any player who can escape the asylum and another relegation.

Despair-----was there ever a less competent bunch of owners? No words.......

Whatever happens off the field it is clear next season is a write-off in terms of hoping for some sort of bounce-back. The best we can hope for is the club stablises at this lower level and does not sink any further. I'm not optimistic.

They won't need £25m from the sale if they have pocketed the various savings/transfer fees already received and plan on a fire sale of say Robinson(£2m), Olsson(£5m), Hoilett(compo c£2m), Yakubu(£2m), Nzonzi(£5m), Rochina(£2m), Formica(£2m), Dann (£2m). That's c£22m there, lets call it £15m after fees etc, they only need to get £10m for the club to break even, plus they have what money they may have received previously.

The above valuations are probably not spot on but won't be too far away, so you see how easy it would be for them to walk away with at least more than what they put in.

They won't need £25m from the sale if they have pocketed the various savings/transfer fees already received and plan on a fire sale of say Robinson(£2m), Olsson(£5m), Hoilett(compo c£2m), Yakubu(£2m), Nzonzi(£5m), Rochina(£2m), Formica(£2m), Dann (£2m). That's c£22m there, lets call it £15m after fees etc, they only need to get £10m for the club to break even, plus they have what money they may have received previously.

The above valuations are probably not spot on but won't be too far away, so you see how easy it would be for them to walk away with at least more than what they put in.

After the best players have been sold is the ground etc worth £10m ? The owners might also of course decided to hang on for another 18 months and pocket the parachute payments too, by which time under the current management the club is it stands will probably be another division lower and worth next to nothing. I'm sure Venky's will make sure they don't lose money but I fear we will be left with the hollowed-out shell of a club.

I'm sure someone let them know they wouldn't be out of pocket even if we went down. They knew about relegation, don't let them fool you.

After the best players have been sold is the ground etc worth £10m ? The owners might also of course decided to hang on for another 18 months and pocket the parachute payments too, by which time under the current management the club is it stands will probably be another division lower and worth next to nothing. I'm sure Venky's will make sure they don't lose money but I fear we will be left with the hollowed-out shell of a club.

It's not just the ground and Brockhall though is it Jim, as you mentioned we have the parachute payments, costs have been drastically cut and we have the Academy producing players.

A new owner could buy the club for £10m with lottle to no debt and invest in the team, say £10m - £20m and potentially have a Premier League side.

I know that is optimistic but it is not impossible.

I think given the miminum income guaranteed for the next three seasons, the infrastructure of the club and potential of being a Premier League team again makes the club easily worth £10m, if that's what the price is.

Archived