BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stand by my guess that he will get a new contract, but Indian business culture is about respect so a face-to-face sacking is more likely than a phone sacking in my opinion.

They must have missed the meeting about that in India because so far we've seen Big Sam, John Williams and Paul Hunt to name 3 that have all been given the boot without being flown out.

If they are going to sack him and he is still flying out, I can only imagine it is because they are feeling pretty embarrassed that their golden boy has mislead them so much and they want to make an example out of him. Sadly its more likely given that Paul Hunt left the club last week that Kean will return with a smile on his face.

If they are going to sack him and he is still flying out, I can only imagine it is because they are feeling pretty embarrassed that their golden boy has mislead them so much and they want to make an example out of him. Sadly its more likely given that Paul Hunt left the club last week that Kean will return with a smile on his face.

Smile?

Slimey sickly smirk

On here we have plenty of people talking about what Venkys need to do for the future of the club. Surely it is obvious by now that the best interests of the club are not at the front of their mind? Clearly something sinister is behind this. Naivity and ignorance can only explain so much...

I stand by my guess that he will get a new contract, but Indian business culture is about respect so a face-to-face sacking is more likely than a phone sacking in my opinion.

Really ?

Not something Venky's have shown, as far as I am aware, to those who have already left through the exit door.

Transfer Agent‏@InTheKnowAgent

Shockingly, Steve Kean expects to get a new contract at #BRFC

I have heard this for a little while now and have flagged on this MB.

It would be of no surprise.

So Keans cost cutting doesn't include himself :lol:

Thats alarming.

How on earth can he expect to be rewarded for being a massive failure?

I could just about see him not getting sacked, though that in itself would be difficult to justify. This, though, I simply cannot believe will happen. Despite everything else that these loons have done, this would be akin to declaring war on the fans and would surely instigate an investigation of some sort, either by the authorities or by the media? I would urge folk not to start getting their knickers in a twist about this anonymous tweet. Crap like this is gonna cause someone to have either a nervous breakdown or a coronary!!!

Thats alarming.

How on earth can he expect to be rewarded for being a massive failure?

You can't even pretend to try and justify it.

If it happens, I wouldn't expect us to sell any further S.T's and I would expect many of those who have renewed to look to cancel.

IMO, it really would be a two fingered salute to all supporters and would signal the end of our club.

but Indian business culture is about respect

Really?

A few years ago, I worked at the Madras Atomic Power Station. We went out there to make repairs to a damaged reactor. This involved opening holes up at either side of the reactor in order to give access to the internal reactor. These areas at either side were the vaults where the radiation levels were extremely high. Access to these areas were restricted time wise to seconds and anyone in these areas had to wear various monitoring equipment.

Now, the management of the MAPS buildings were time restricted, protected clothing wise and so were we. The point I'm making here, is that the majority of the casual Indian workforce, were simply drawn from the local villages. In India there seems to be a belief that there's no point in employing one person to do a job, when you could get dozens for no price at all. So there were hundreds of local workers at that site. While we and the MAPS managers were timed and restricted in these very dangerous areas, we could see from our TV equipment, young Indian lads in the same areas wandering about, at will, unmonitored and unsupervised.

Respect?

Really?

A few years ago, I worked at the Madras Atomic Power Station. We went out there to make repairs to a damaged reactor. This involved opening holes up at either side of the reactor in order to give access to the internal reactor. These areas at either side were the vaults where the radiation levels were extremely high. Access to these areas were restricted time wise to seconds and anyone in these areas had to wear various monitoring equipment.

Now, the management of the MAPS buildings were time restricted, protected clothing wise and so were we. The point I'm making here, is that the majority of the casual Indian workforce, were simply drawn from the local villages. In India there seems to be a belief that there's no point in employing one person to do a job, when you could get dozens for no price at all. So there were hundreds of local workers at that site. While we and the MAPS managers were timed and restricted in these very dangerous areas, we could see from our TV equipment, young Indian lads in the same areas wandering about, at will, unmonitored and unsupervised.

Respect?

India is a place with many things going for it, but I would have to say respect for life - especially those with little status or wealth - is not one one them.

Earlier this morning, I had a phone conversation with someone connected to another Championship club. I was taken aback by some of his thoughts and would not put them on this MB for legal reasons. It really was powder keg stuff.

Many have speculated on here about certain theories and some might ne close to the mark, whilst others will be very far from the mark.

What struck me was how speculation seemed to have spread across the football grapevine.

Time will test the validity of the speculation and rumour.

India is a place with many things going for it, but I would have to say respect for life - especially those with little status or wealth - is not one one them.

Yes, absolutely.

Earlier this morning, I had a phone conversation with someone connected to another Championship club. I was taken aback by some of his thoughts and would not put them on this MB for legal reasons. It really was powder keg stuff.

Well you could have given us a clue Mercerman.

With the greatest respect it doesn't make them facts though does it? Perhaps you could 'invent' a scenario using club A and club B etc then folk have an idea as to what it is you're insinuating.

They've certainly shown a huge amount of disrespect to the club and every one of its fans. Something they could try and heal but instead they seem to relish it, disrespecting us more and more.

So the point of this post is....?

I like you as a poster, Mercer, but posts like that one are pointless. Either leak the damn thing on an anyonmous twitter account, a blog or even Venkyleaks (do it from an internet cafe if you fear the legal implications) or say nothing at all. Posting "I've heard something bad but cannot say anything more" surely serves no purpose.

Im sure he expects a new contract but he also expected us to be playing champions league football & not to be in the championship

What Steve Kean expects & what happens seem to be two different things, I just hope this is not an exception to the rule!!

I think he will, amazingly, get a new contract.

But I'd expect it to be on significantly reduces wages.

This, in cost-cutting times, can be his only remote justification in persuading the simpleton owners to keep him on.

Here you are Venkys, the win percentage of Blackburn managers since the start of the premier league. (Apologies if this has been done already)

1. Kenny Dalglish (52%)

2. Mark Hughes (43%)

3. Graeme Souness (40%)

4. Ray Harford (37%)

5= Roy Hodgson (35%)SACKED

5= Sam Allardyce (35%)SACKED BY VENKYS

7. Paul Ince (28%)SACKED

8. Brian Kidd (27%)SACKED

9. Steve Kean (25%)STILL EMPLOYED BY VENKYS

(Tony Parkes over two caretaker spells 33% & 42%)

Surely Steve Kean doesn't have a future to discuss???

Archived