BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] euro12 thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBF too, England don't deserve a cheap goal but whenever they get a corner, there is shirt-pulling going on and it's not England who is doing it so much..we'll see, come on England, they can't turn the corner here...

Part of me wants England to scrape through to watch Germany annihilate them again. Hart still needs to learn that it's not a good idea to parry the ball back into the danger zone. I guess Hodgson has never heard of Pirlo. Same old from Rooney apart from the group stages of Euro 2004.

Why would you say that on an English message board? You just come across as a cock.

As for the game, resolute from England. Clearly the worst side we've put out in 20 years, but playing English football (4-4-######-2) we've stifled Italy. Didn't really have the talent to get out of the group, so I'm impressed with taking the Italians to extra time and possibly penalties.

TBF too, England don't deserve a cheap goal but whenever they get a corner, there is shirt-pulling going on and it's not England who is doing it so much..we'll see, come on England, they can't turn the corner here...

PENALTIES!!

Joe Hart is man for England so far, poor guy worked the whole game for this to go to Pens.... but so be it.

Why would you say that on an English message board? You just come across as a cock.

As for the game, resolute from England. Clearly the worst side we've put out in 20 years, but playing English football (4-4-######-2) we've stifled Italy. Didn't really have the talent to get out of the group, so I'm impressed with taking the Italians to extra time and possibly penalties.

I thought this was a Blackburn message board? Are their not lots of non-English people who read this? Maybe I wouldn't say things like that if a great deal of English fans weren't so arrogant. And I have heard people say much worse about my country.

Irrelevant now anyway the Italians have won the game.

• Backroom

I actually never doubted we would go through, genuinely shocked

Justice done IMO outclassed all the way

Pirlo is godly

I thought this was a Blackburn message board? Are their not lots of non-English people who read this? Maybe I wouldn't say things like that if a great deal of English fans weren't so arrogant. And I have heard people say much worse about my country.

Irrelevant now anyway the Italians have won the game.

This is the website of an English football club so the vast majority of members are English. Be careful

Italy deserved it, England were disgusting.

England weren't disgusting - they were outplayed.

Entirely predictable shoot out. To be honest, had we gone through it would have been a travesty as we were completely dominated and outclassed in 120 minutes, and it just goes to show (1) we haven't produced a player with anywhere near the level of technical ability since Gazza to enable us to compete with the top nations, and (2) the Premier League and the money going into it is bad for the national team; clubs have enough money to buy ready made foreigners and not enough onus is placed on developing talent.

We were the second poorest team in the tournament after Ireland for me and were fortunate to have got this far - still gutted though. Only tempered by the fact that half my family is German so I can now switch allegiance to a team not full of overrated tosspots, and that I stuck a cheeky fiver on Italy at 16/1 on day one!

How can Pirlo make every pass look so easy? And what a penalty from him. At least England have got good youngsters coming through. Jones, Oxlade-Chamberlain, A Johnson, Hart even, Sturridge, Wilshere, McEachran looks a player, probably others. Just work on your ball retention, get the tactics right and you could go further.

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/england-to-face-scotland-at-wembley-to-mark-150th-anniversary - Let's ####ing have it!!!

Portugal vs Spain and Italy vs Germany. Semi-finals and the final itself can be cagey affairs but let's hope the rest of the games match up to most of the previous ones.

Portugal to win it and win me some money as well.

Very pleased all 4 teams that played completely negative spoiling tactics in the Quarter final games have gone out. Football as it should be.

Absolute codswallop. This 'anti-football' brigade are so far up their own arses they can see daylight. We stopped a superior team from scoring in 120 minutes. Sure we bottled it in the shoot out, AGAIN, but that was a commendable performance from England. It's not all about tippy tappy, fall over when someone pressures you, football y'know.

Archived