BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] euro12 thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Kudos to them they just Play the same way regardless but if the opposition sit back it makes for a dull game and they (like Barca v Chelsea) can run out of ideas, when the opposition attack they pick holes.

It's the reason I thought England stood a good chance if we played them, we would have sat back and frustrated them and maybe nicked it late, alas the gameplan unravelled against Italy as we actually can't take penalties

Spain only get perceived as "boring" after coming up against lots of men behind the ball where they don't seem to have a Plan B. And also cos they like to wear out the opposition before attacking in the 2nd half. But they never are if the other team attacks them where they can play some scintillating football.

Love that Torres got a goal, I miss the old Torres.......does that make him top scorer or joint with Gomez? How many assists did Torres get?

They play on a different level, even that game Spain vs. France looked that way to me. Blanc I understand quit France but one wonders if France, if England were all that bad... not making excuses, and Portugal, you may have blown it.

Italy will be going to the next Confederation Cup, win, lose or draw today since Spain is also the World Cup Champion. And to think these two teams drew their first game, 1-1.

Hats off to whomever said Spain was the team right from the beginning, I know I read some posts that said that.

• Backroom

Spain only get perceived as "boring" after coming up against lots of men behind the ball where they don't seem to have a Plan B. And also cos they like to wear out the opposition before attacking in the 2nd half. But they never are if the other team attacks them where they can play some scintillating football.

Love that Torres got a goal, I miss the old Torres.......does that make him top scorer or joint with Gomez? How many assists did Torres get?

Torres won the golden boot on assists after being level with Gomez, Ronaldo, Balotelli and the Russian bloke

Spain were ace tonight. An excellent end to a pretty good tournament I think.

Despite all the reports beforehand, both countries have pulled off a very well run, friendly tournament. I know quite a few people who have been to either Poland and Ukraine and everyone has had a brilliant time wherever they've been.

Maybe next time for England...... (ha!)

Predicting the reigning European and World Champions as favourites? Geniuses....only joking. Sort of.

Spain still had a bit of luck to get by Portugal who may or may not have fudged their shootout lineup and many people thought Germany looked like a team of destiny. Full credit to Spain. Fully deserved. And overall, I think they are admirable, devoid of traits one might find undesirable. Italy deserves accolades too for reaching the final and had a very formidable team, just didn't work today which is credit to the Spaniards as well.

Despite all the reports beforehand, both countries have pulled off a very well run, friendly tournament. I know quite a few people who have been to either Poland and Ukraine and everyone has had a brilliant time wherever they've been.

The media coverage over here that gave the impression that any travelling England fans were literally going to be hung drawn and quatered by foreign thugs was a disgrace...our media do nothing but embarrass most of the time.

It's dull because , unless the oppostion get an early goal and force them to come out and play, they seem to have forgotten the object of the game is to put the ball in the net. Most teams with their percentage of possession would get at least 3 goals a game. They are quite happy to get one and often that's late on when they have bored the opposition into submission. They are technically gifted but in no way exciteing to watch. When we played the dull "wear teams down" style of football it was because we had to work that way. They don't but they still choose to play as though they do. It's the mentality of their game that is dull, not individual players or their skill.

4-0

The media coverage over here that gave the impression that any travelling England fans were literally going to be hung drawn and quatered by foreign thugs was a disgrace...our media do nothing but embarrass most of the time.

Blaming the messenger. Sol Campbell started it with warnings about racism and thuggery which were of course reported in the media.

Italy were a spent force last night; the effort of overcoming England and Germany had left them with nothing for the final which as a contest was a poor one-sided spectacle. Germany - Spain would have been a better final.

Good tournament which if Platini had any sense would leave well alone in its current format and forget his bonkers plan to expand it to 24 teams in 12 or more cities. If it ain't broke don't fix it - a good motto the Rovers owners also should have learnt when they took over 20 months ago.

Archived