BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adrien Silva & Fabio Nunes

Kamy100

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adrien Silva is a good signing. Don't know anything about the other guy.

However, there are news here today that FC Porto and Sporting Lisbon are going to trade Miguel Lopes (right back) for Adrien Silva.

http://www.abola.pt/....aspx?id=339181

Both have one year left in their contract and the clubs' managers don't count on them for next season.

http://www.lancashir...Portuguese_duo/

Cryers article.

Says he's a freebie as well.

Both would be good signings.

Makes you wonder why are venkys doing stuff like this now and not last season to keep us up. The only possible solution being (aprt from being daft) is cheaper to pay players in the championship, get all players in on championship wages and build from there.

Both would be good signings.

Makes you wonder why are venkys doing stuff like this now and not last season to keep us up. The only possible solution being (aprt from being daft) is cheaper to pay players in the championship, get all players in on championship wages and build from there.

The Newcastle way.

If we can get a young player to get sold for a shitload of money to one of the top clubs as well it will work.

Dont understand all the hype over Silva, hes 23 and played at 3 average clubs in 3 years, if he is so great why is he being sold and why didnt any of the other prem clubs seriously try to sign him in the past, hate to be cynical but the majority of players signed under kean have looked very promising on paper when they initially signed!!!

Dont understand all the hype over Silva, hes 23 and played at 3 average clubs in 3 years, if he is so great why is he being sold and why didnt any of the other prem clubs seriously try to sign him in the past, hate to be cynical but the majority of

players signed under kean have looked very promising on paper when they initially signed!!!

I don't mean to be rude but you are sceptical about every player we try to sign. Some of Kean's signings haven't been given a proper chance or have just not adapted. A player like Silva in the championship is good news if we can sign him.

your not being rude just absurdly naive considering what has gone on over the last 18months or so.

No naivety. Who would you sign? Murphy is a good signing as would Best. A little crazy if you can't agree with that.

No naivety. Who would you sign? Murphy is a good signing as would Best. A little crazy if you can't agree with that.

Your COMPLETELY missing the point, have a read through a few other threads!, any signings are irrelevant regardless of who the player is whilst we have a complete rovers fan hating lying scumbag as a manager.

"who would i sign"- what the hell is that even supposed to mean, I'm not 12 and this isn't fantasy football, sorry.

I can't get excited about this.

We need to be signing players like Keith Andrews to get us out of the Championship. Not these guys.

are u for real? We just got murphy 100x better than keef, don't rate Andrews never will sorry

your not being rude just absurdly naive considering what has gone on over the last 18months or so.

Not being funny but what has the last 18 months got to do with who we sign now? our owners being completely incompetent is irrelevant... im not trying to defend them and I know they will still be making an killing from us but at least there looking to put some money back into it, and again not defending anyone but you seem like one of these people on this board who still wouldn't be happy even if we signed the whole Spanish first 11... im not oblivious to what has happened to our club and i am just as angry and distraught as everyone else but they have eyes watching them now, they can't be any dodgy dealings, everything seems to be happening in the manner it should be so just stop complaining at any opportunity, we're not a premier league club anymore so get used to it and personally everyone we have been linked with has been decent considering our situation... as long as Cocos been reading his dummies guide to football management I reckon we could have a chance of pushing for at least the play offs.... or is that just wishful thinking? :-\

Petrovic was watched by a number of teams and was a full international for a decent Serbian team. I still think he will come good.

Simon has impressed when played but just hasn't been given a fair crack for some reason.

Rochina has all the skill in the world and will score goals for us. I certainly don't think he's a bad player. It takes players time to settle.

Modeste...... Yeah...... I'll give you that one.

+1......I eventually grew to like Petrovic......he's not the quickest but seems to power forward with the ball.......like his run at Norwich away I think it was with his potential goal of the season candidate......I like how he would spray passes out to the wing as well........others have mentioned that it was almost Tugay-esque.......he is young as well.

Still can't work out why Vukcevic never got a game.....impressed me each time I saw him and he gave us a different option as he was our only natural right winger. It must have been because of financial reasons as I doubt Kean is that stupid.......then again...

Rochina is not a winger and tries to do too much after beating his full back.......playing in his natural position behind a striker forced him to pass or shoot. Potentially I think he could turn out to be some player.

Modeste is awful and I'd rather have Jason Roberts......he had no composure and the Yak would have got a hat trick in that Newcastle game

Dont understand all the hype over Silva, hes 23 and played at 3 average clubs in 3 years, if he is so great why is he being sold and why didnt any of the other prem clubs seriously try to sign him in the past, hate to be cynical but the majority of players signed under kean have looked very promising on paper when they initially signed!!!

Don't understand the hype about Stephen Warnock and Friedel..... they are Liverpool rejects........Tugay can't be all that as Rangers didn't want to keep him....... That Samba couldn't get a game for his club.......Santa Cruz is always injured and has never had a prolific season........Yakubu just had a serious injury........as for Ryan Nelsen? A New Zealander from the American league? Are you having a laugh?

Yea Chimbonda was good at Wigan I would welcome him here........Dann as very good at Birmingham and was linked with some good teams........Keith Andrews was League 2 Player of the Year so I like the sound of him........Vince Grella was rated in Italy.

Sporting Lisbon is hardly an average club........didn't they beat Man City last season? There are a few very good teams in the Portuguese league.......wasn't the semi finals of the Europa League 2 seasons ago made up of 1 Spanish and 3 Portuguese teams? That might be wrong but I think it was.

You'd have to be overly negative or foolish to not view the sudden activity as a positive and a step forward for the club. There is undoubtedly a massive repair job that needs to be done and a few good moves shouldn't mean that the fans suddenly forget the very recent past, but we all want to see this club succeed and get back into the premier league and that is going to require the club to be active and efficient.

If you want to sit there and scream anti-Kean and anti-Venkys comments every time that something happens you can, but it isn't going to help the club. It seems that it is unlikely that the club will be sold before the start of this season, so it is in our interest to have the Venkys get a better grip on things and actually make some good decisions. So far this summer looks as if they will spend a bit of money and bring in some decent players. Some reason to be positive.

Not being funny but what has the last 18 months got to do with who we sign now? our owners being completely incompetent is irrelevant... im not trying to defend them and I know they will still be making an killing from us but at least there looking to put some money back into it, and again not defending anyone but you seem like one of these people on this board who still wouldn't be happy even if we signed the whole Spanish first 11... im not oblivious to what has happened to our club and i am just as angry and distraught as everyone else but they have eyes watching them now, they can't be any dodgy dealings, everything seems to be happening in the manner it should be so just stop complaining at any opportunity, we're not a premier league club anymore so get used to it and personally everyone we have been linked with has been decent considering our situation... as long as Cocos been reading his dummies guide to football management I reckon we could have a chance of pushing for at least the play offs.... or is that just wishful thinking? :-\

Really!!!!!!!!!!, you cheecky naive happy clapping conformist.

i think my posts have been quite reasonble and represent what a very large portion of rovers fans are thinking, if you dont like them you(and Heckla) just need ignore them.

Really!!!!!!!!!!, cheecky happy clapping conformist(or just a vey naive child).

Mate, whats wrong with you? Murphy, Best, Silva et all not good for a championship side? Would you remain unperturbed if these players joined, say bolton or ffs burnley? Just have a look at the players being linked with other championship sides. We're far ahead.

+1......

Don't understand the hype about Stephen Warnock and Friedel..... they are Liverpool rejects........Tugay can't be all that as Rangers didn't want to keep him....... That Samba couldn't get a game for his club.......Santa Cruz is always injured and has never had a prolific season........Yakubu just had a serious injury........as for Ryan Nelsen? A New Zealander from the American league? Are you having a laugh?

only 1 of those players was signed under venkys and he left today for a fraction of his worth(great deal there/pini set that deal up to didnt he) after 1 season in in which we got relegated, would tugay, friedel of put up wth this sham=no chance, nelsen new the score.

I'm exiting this thread now, my heads not ready for transfers yet until the BS King has left the building.

I'd rather be a perceived Rovers Fan than a boring, overly-pessimistic negative Nancy. I'm not even a Rovers Fan but I don't think many at all on here are.... they have a long, long, long, long way to go and unless Kean is removed I will never be even slightly behind them but imo if people are gonna lambast them for making a wrong decision then surely they should acknowledge them for making a correct one. And in my eyes, and the majority of others, Murphy is a good signing. Same goes for Best. Like others have pointed out if Bolton had signed these players there would be uproar.

Who they were signed under had nothing to do what I was saying. My point was that signings can only be classed as successful after they have played. Therefore it doesn't really matter if fans are behind or against signings as we won't know what they are like until they play.

Agree with Eddie. Along way to go still but there are early signs that this could be a less frustrating transfer window compared to a couple of our recent ones. I don't think we'll ever be a success with Kean, but hopefully the waking-up process has started for Venky's and that means he will be removed sooner or later.

Can't see the logic in moving for these two, especially given the fees quoted. We've enough 22/23 yr old foreign midfielders. Guthrie on a free is a much better shout, then go for someone like the Ince lad at Blackpool. No need to 'adjust' to the championship.

Do you think we have a chance with Ince after what happend to his dad here?

Archived