BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adrien Silva & Fabio Nunes

Kamy100

The main reason why Sporting doesn't want him back is pride.

Adrien Silva played for Academica last year and helped them beat Sporting in the Cup final. Their directors still can't accept the humiliation since they were big time favourites to win it. So they now refuse to get him back.

Sporting lisbon also has one of the best youth teams in the world. Just a few players that came from their youth teams: Figo, Cristiano Ronaldo, Moutinho, Miguel Veloso, Rui Patricio, Nani.

Having said that, like I mentioned earlier, it is rumoured here that FC Porto and Sporting are going to trade players, right back Miguel Lopes is going to be traded Adrien Silva.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When were they ever flavour of the month? Why is it so often there is never a middle ground? Everyone hates Venky's......but as soon as people are like, "you know what, that was actually a good decision", they get accused of being collaborators or whatever you want to call them.

People were quick to acknowledge that if Kean actually got something right then he deserved credit for that as he would have been blamed had it gone wrong. Venky's are no different. Imo they are spending money (or re-financing or whatever) to try and get us back to the premier league so they can get a good price for us. Therefore I think from now on we might see a few good decisions in amongst the terrible ones. We all know what decision needs to be made in order for us to have the best chance of being promoted but they don't often go by logic as they presume they know best.

If the jury is out then why are you calling them "no-marks". That implies you have made out your mind about them.

I know I'm being miserable about who is coming in but that's because I think they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes and persuade us they are doing better so that in a week or two, when players have started leaving they can turn round and say "But look who we have brought in". Currently it doesn't matter who they bring in - it's about who leaves and whether Kean, having been unable to deliver on what he told them about his continued tenure being what would keep players here, follows the players out of the exit door. Till then I'll reserve judgement on new signings, wherever they come from.

I know I'm being miserable about who is coming in but that's because I think they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes and persuade us they are doing better so that in a week or two, when players have started leaving they can turn round and say "But look who we have brought in". Currently it doesn't matter who they bring in - it's about who leaves and whether Kean, having been unable to deliver on what he told them about his continued tenure being what would keep players here, follows the players out of the exit door. Till then I'll reserve judgement on new signings, wherever they come from.

precisely.

Why has it taken until now for Venkys to start putting some cash in?? These players would have improved our squad last season never mind now we're in the championship. We're also in danger of conducting our business before the last week of the transfer window.. its not even July yet.. They have a heck of a long way to go before I start to remotely change my opinion of them, but at least this is an improvement on last season's transfer window fiasco.

• Backroom

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it's difficult to get excited about signing players when Kean is still in charge.

If Venky's want to sign good players then that's great, but unless they get a good manager as well it will all ultimately be in vain.

i will judge them a couple of months into the season, until then the jury is still out

Steve Kean's irredeemable. He could win everything and I still would not listen to a word the man said. He's contemptible.

My opinion of Venkys is not much better.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it's difficult to get excited about signing players when Kean is still in charge.

If Venky's want to sign good players then that's great, but unless they get a good manager as well it will all ultimately be in vain.

+1

So who is these guys agents ?

Would like to see all journalists (Kammy and Cryer) putting the names of the agents to all of these players linked just for greater transparency.

According to transfermarkt, Silva's agency is Sports Entertainment Group (SEG), which is not related to SEM as far as I can tell.

Don't know about Nunes

Think one of them is zahavi's client, mentioned earlier on this thread I think.

I assumed Zahavi was working on behalf of the club rather than the players. It has been mentioned plenty of times that he was involved in bringing in Yakubu but his agent is Barry Silkman as far as I am aware.

Edit: Nevermind, just seen that there is a link between Silkman and Zahavi anyway.

Cheers guys, it would be good for a journalist to give us all an unapproved from an agents point of view, full workings of how the football agents work and their relationships between one another and how they do deals for one another as well as their selves.

Surely the footballing governing bodies should be enforcing that agents names are typed alongside the stats of all players throughout their playing careers along with the managers and coaches.

In a perfect world but I can't imagine agents ever agreeing to it. The football world is too dodgy for any of that. What would the likes of Redknapp do? How could he even manage a team?

So apart from He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-Because-He-Must-Have-Something-To-Hide, is Zahavi the only other agent involved in transfers?....setting them up that is. Does Zahavi run his own company.....looks like he has been involved in some dodgy dealings in the past as I have only just bothered to look him up......why does it not surprise me that he has........to be fair if he keeps bringing us players as successful as Yakubu then I couldn't really give a flying as long as there's no excess agent fees despite the fact there obviously will be.......why did they make the decision to have agents as advisors, how stupid can you be?

Archived