BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adrien Silva & Fabio Nunes

Kamy100

was'nt it exactly the same last year ala....."Scott Dann whys he coming here arsenal want him"...........as it turns out he is the least talented player on our books

Our 1st 11 is still going to be Murphy a couple of championship journeymen ala Best and 7 or 8 woefully poor players coached to hit the ball long to best every time they get the ball in the 30% of tye games we have posession.

Its been said already by someone else my head can't get around the fact we are doing transfers whilst kean is still here its like writing your car off then getting the chammy out every saturday.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silva is the key in this one. Don't personally know much about him but others have said he's a very good box to box midfielder, something we clearly need to support the likes of Murphy and/or Dunn.

Hopefully by signing two of his compatriots including a portugeuse legend we may be in with a shout. Maybe having a manager who speaks portugeuse as well as bulls*** may also be an advantage in this deal.

Silva is the key in this one.

Hopefully by signing two of his compatriots including a portugeuse legend we may be in with a shout. Maybe having a manager who speaks portugeuse as well as bulls*** may also be an advantage in this deal.

Im thinking the Nuno Gomes deal is part of trying to get Silva in, who is very highly rated, and would be a massive coup if we could get him whilst in the championship

Twitter rumours that Nunes deal is now complete.

His passing and vision are very good, some of the passes he played cross field last year were excellent.

Certainly doesn't deserve to be booed when he has barely settled anyway.

On the surface of it he has all the attributes to be a good central midfielder. However his lack of pace is his ultimate undoing. I don't have anything against the lad, but i think we've been sold a pup. He just doesn't ever look like he's on top of his opposing player(s). The only single hope i have for him now, is i never looked at him and thought he looked fit enough. If he can get a good pre-season under his belt it might give him the extra yard he looked so short of last year. But i just can't see it unfortunately.

Get Silva signed up. Box to box midfielder is what we've been crying out for.

Agree completely, that is exactly what we need and this guy sounds the part, would love to have him here....initially that is, he might not turn out to be a success.

His passing and vision are very good, some of the passes he played cross field last year were excellent.

Certainly doesn't deserve to be booed when he has barely settled anyway.

Exactly. And the few select times I seen him driving forward from midfield.....I think I watched a couple of youtube videos of him when he arrived and though I am aware videos like that are highlights of a player, he looked to be good at that despite being fairly slow.....but pace isn't everything.

On the surface of it he has all the attributes to be a good central midfielder. However his lack of pace is his ultimate undoing. I don't have anything against the lad, but i think we've been sold a pup. He just doesn't ever look like he's on top of his opposing player(s). The only single hope i have for him now, is i never looked at him and thought he looked fit enough. If he can get a good pre-season under his belt it might give him the extra yard he looked so short of last year. But i just can't see it unfortunately.

The thing is, like with Nzonzi and Lowe, the instructions he gets from Kean is to back off it seems and not apply pressure.....now I am aware that Kean will still be our manager this year but hopefully after 19 or so months he realises some form of pressure needs to be applied in midfield. Big ask I know but hopefully some sort of player intervention occurs and we start to become a bit more defensively stable.....although I'm not holding my breath.

I don't think many of our players look fit enough and it is a major issue....especially now with added midweek games and 6 more games in the season.

• Backroom

Nunes looks quite tall(and quite Camp!) in this photo of him stood next to the 6ft gomes taken today http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2168351/Blackburn-sign-Nuno-Gomes-free-transfer.html

Maybe this is all a ploy to increase season ticket sales by appealling to the womenfolk

I don't understand all the petrovic bashing, very few players impressed for rovers last year and petrovic was one of the youngest, least experienced(in prem) and physically unprepared of all of those!

It's human nature to look for scapegoats.

Robinson was pretty terrible, Olsson got caught out of position and didn't get close enough to the full back, Lowe didn't really impress, Dann was beyond a joke, Hoilett didn't try in half the games and played about 3/4 games to the standard he did in the previous season, the less said about Pedersen the better, Dunn was ineffectual in centre midfield, Nzonzi apparently only passed backwards, Marcus Olsson was ######, Rochina was perceived as too selfish, Goodwillie wasn't good at all etc etc

Now most of those are understandable but Kean is largely blamed.....but not for Petrovic.....in fairness he did look like an utter donkey at the start but people can forget most players who come to the Prem need time to adjust, even the better ones.

Maybe this is all a ploy to increase season ticket sales by appealling to the womenfolk

Not you as well. Look we liked looking at Matty but first and foremost we liked the fact that he scored goals. Most of us just are not that shallow.

Archived