BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adrien Silva & Fabio Nunes

Kamy100

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've just totally missed the point. Ollson will be gone, pedersen can't play left mid anymore so that's no LM. Like I said no point in playing players out of position, therefore Formica isn't a winger, and vuckevic will probs be off, so no RM. Danny Murphy or Dunn for defensive mid? You having a laugh! No DM. Goodwillie natural goal scorer? He rarely got above about 15 in Scottish prem and Rochina maybe, but he won't be played in the correct position and there's no evidence I say he will ever be as such.

Sorry but at this moment in time the team is nowhere near top 6 standard.

think he meant Marcus Ollson

Wasnt the whole sale of Rovers designed so that Rovers could avoid bringing in those type of lower quality players and give Allardyce the necessary funds to be able raise the quality of the players at the club.

I thought it was just to get shut of a liability for the Walkers...my mistake.

lol.

seriously 67er, tackling and Formica don't belong in the same sentence. For me, he achieves nothing. I would let him go for free if he could find another club.

Guess other posters beat me to it, his tackling is much underestimated, 2 years ago probably made two a game if he was pushed, playing him on the right really has not helped his game as an attacking force.

I have a feeling we will be seeing more of Formica, can't see many paying 3-4m for him and there certainly is noone breaking down the doors to talk with him.

Just physically too weak for the big lads league. Couldnt fault his effort though.

Classing him as a failure is unfair, when Kean has ruined most of our squad, different player IMO with a different manager, until then we should make the most of his talent could be a key player this season.

I feel he has improved vastly in that department since he arrived, as above was never part of his game prior to joining us, hopefully he will get a more central role next season.

3-4m is hardly going to bring in someone with so much ability unless you take the foreign route.

You've just totally missed the point. Ollson will be gone, pedersen can't play left mid anymore so that's no LM. Like I said no point in playing players out of position, therefore Formica isn't a winger, and vuckevic will probs be off, so no RM. Danny Murphy or Dunn for defensive mid? You having a laugh! No DM. Goodwillie natural goal scorer? He rarely got above about 15 in Scottish prem and Rochina maybe, but he won't be played in the correct position and there's no evidence I say he will ever be as such.

Sorry but at this moment in time the team is nowhere near top 6 standard.

Defensive midfield - when you said "decisive" I incorrectly thought you meant someone that could make an offensive pass etc.

Left wing - Olsson mk1 may go - but mk2 will presumably still be at the club. Though he appeared more limited than his brother - his pace could be a real threat in the Championship,

Top 6 standard - hmm - with the correct manager I think we are top 6 - but will admit there is one major problem. Similar to the problem we had getting relegated with a squad that was (only just) good enough to stay up. I wonder if Kean is taking a 50% pay cut - as being requested of Givet etc ?

Are you sure about Adrien Silva?

Portuguese media say he's going to stay at Sporting.

If not, believe me, Adrien will be a huge signing for you guys.

It may take him a while to adapt to the Championship but he has a lot of talent and I say that, although he hasn't had the same luck in his career, he has the potential to be as good as Moutinho is now.

If he lives up to the potential, in 2014 World Cup he'll be a starter for Portugal.

Seemed sure to sign last week but it does seem to have quietened. However rumours are he will still sign.

May I ask what are his main attributes; does he get about the pitch/get stuck in?

Also what do you think of the signings of Fabio Nunes and Nuno Gomes?

Cheers.

Are you sure about Adrien Silva?

Portuguese media say he's going to stay at Sporting.

If not, believe me, Adrien will be a huge signing for you guys.

It may take him a while to adapt to the Championship but he has a lot of talent and I say that, although he hasn't had the same luck in his career, he has the potential to be as good as Moutinho is now.

If he lives up to the potential, in 2014 World Cup he'll be a starter for Portugal.

We keep hearing conflicting things about Silva. The Portuguese media may say he is staying but didn't they say he was joining Porto a few days ago?

Can you give a bit more insight into what kind of player he is? Is he a typical box-to-box midfielder and is he more adept at attacking, defending or are they similar?

If you can only post in the transfer area then I think if you wrote a post about Nuno Gomes, a moderator can move it into the Nuno Gomes thread. Any input would be greatly appreciated as many are sceptical given his age. And do you know anything about Fabio Nunes.

That joining Porto rumour was some days ago...

But Sporting has a ridiculous record of selling great prospects to FC Porto so... who knows.

However portuguese media said Sporting manager talked to Adrien and he would stay.

He is very similar to Moutinho, the perfect box-to-box, probably more attack-oriented. He was a little more "talented" as a young player but with a worse work-ratio.

He played in a mid-table club this season so I can't say much about this last season but everyone in Portugal expects the best from him.

Honestly, until I entered this forum, I haven't heard of Fábio Nunes.

Defensive midfield - when you said "decisive" I incorrectly thought you meant someone that could make an offensive pass etc.

Left wing - Olsson mk1 may go - but mk2 will presumably still be at the club. Though he appeared more limited than his brother - his pace could be a real threat in the Championship,

Top 6 standard - hmm - with the correct manager I think we are top 6 - but will admit there is one major problem. Similar to the problem we had getting relegated with a squad that was (only just) good enough to stay up. I wonder if Kean is taking a 50% pay cut - as being requested of Givet etc ?

Sorry I did put decisive duhh and yes like you say it's pretty irrelevant in any event who we sign. We could sign the whole Barcelona 1st team and this toss pot would still end up taking us into the Blue Square Prem.

Why?

He has had a week to sign. We know Kean and co have great form in, lets say, "overstating the positives" when discussing who we will sign up - Hoilett, Ronaldinho, Jermaine Jones etc etc. Just saying that I am preparing myself for disappointment on this one.

• Backroom

Isn't this exactly what happened with that winger playing in Greece that we tried to sign last season?

Also very similar to Formica but he ended up coming

Worried that this has been dragging on a bit too long now. I think the chances of it happening are decreasing on a daily basis. We've been crying out for a box to box midfielder for ages, sounds like this lad would fit the bill.

Worried that this has been dragging on a bit too long now. I think the chances of it happening are decreasing on a daily basis. We've been crying out for a box to box midfielder for ages, sounds like this lad would fit the bill.

I remember feeling like this before we signed Formica though so it's still fairly possible. I think I've read personal terms have basically been agreed already and it's just the fee we need to agree with Sporting and I'd rather it be like that than the other way round.

Archived