BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adrien Silva & Fabio Nunes

Kamy100

I didn't mean midfielders only. I wanted to know your opinion, just not sure I can take it seriously if you think Goodwillie had a better season than Pedersen did. 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, we usually had four midfield spots to fill with Hoilett playing in the pocket or as a striker. Formica started 25 games, which isn't bad. Lowe had to fill in at right back for half a season. Petrovic was carried by the rest of the team and Rochina didn't get many starts, but is a luxury play we couldn't afford to play while in the bottom six. 33 games for Morten last season, he shouldn't be one of the corner stones in our team - but the quality of our squad is the problem, not the fact that he's a starter under the current circumstances. IMO of course.

Okay one last point to be clear......Pedersen started loads of games last season....but for me that says a lot more about Kean than it does against Pederesen....I didn't say players like Goodwillie had a better season than Pedersen but rather he would have if given the run in the side that Pedersen had....same goes for the likes of Petrovic and indeed everyone else tbh.....Formica did start quite a few games but for me, once he started to have a bigger influence attacking wise, he would be dropped from the centre.

I know what you're saying but our squad wasn't too poor in central midfield imo as Vukcevic has played there in the past and showed in what little time he played that he could contribute. I would rather even have Rochina there along with Dunn if they mostly supported a striker with Hoilett out wide....and like I say, if away from home against a top half side I would have sacrificed Pedersen and played another defensive midfielder next to Nzozni to give him more opportunities to go forwards as he impressed me last season when he did that.....also his chipped pass to set up Formica I think it was against someone was a better pass through the middle that I can remember Pedersen playing despite having many more opportunities to do so.

Anyway back to Adrien Silva....hopefully what it's being said is true and he does sign as he sounds the part and has attracted interest from some other pretty good teams....I guess it's because Pini Zahavi is his agent.....I've been in Jersey for the last couple of weeks which has quite a lot of Portuguese people living here so hopefully I run into some more Sporting Lisbon fans to find out a bit more about him.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also a journo has tweeted that he was on a flight back from Zurich and spoke to Steve Kean who was on his way back from a meeting with Venky's, Kean told that there will be a lot more new signings to come.

Why have venkys taken to hanging out in Zurich? wouldn't be anything to do with agents we don't deal with any more and who play no part in our club would it?

Of what good are these two Portuguese lads along with the other coffin dodger to Blackburn Rovers and more importantly English football ?

especially for Dave Bernstein of the FA

Why have venkys taken to hanging out in Zurich? wouldn't be anything to do with agents we don't deal with any more and who play no part in our club would it?

I think Venky's have a HQ or something similar over in Zurich

I think they have a pharmacuetical company based there ,messing around with chicken eggs , maybe they created the lip licker??

UMBRELLA CORP

That made me laugh, Resident Evil is one of my favorite games. Actually I like Dead Space more, and DooM 3 as well, but Union Aerospace Union can't cut it.

So what's the latest on Adrien Silvia? Has he signed or not? Nicko says he has already signed, but Cryer reckons he might be staying at Sporting Libson?!

Cryer says in today's LT:

"Rovers are now closing in on Portuguese midfielder Adrien Silva, having lodged a formal bid with Sporting Lisbon yesterday morning, "

"Silva is keen on a switch to Ewood Park, despite interest from Porto and Marseille, as Rovers look to seal the deal before tomorrow’s pre-season training trip to Austria."

Can't see how Formica is a failure, doubt silva will be either.

If you couldnt then all I say is we are playing in the league below this coming season and not the premiership.

For god sake, I don't know how many times I have to say this, but being a foreign player doesn't make you a poor signing.

Football history is awash with English players who moved within English football and suddenly became crap (off the top of my head, Bentley, Carroll), and foreign players who came here and did great, often quickly (Samba after a briefly shakey start, Nelsen, RSC). It's meaningless!! I don't care if they're from the outskirts of Manchester, outer mongolia, or outer space, I just care if they're good enough. It MIGHT make a player have a little trouble adapting quite as fast, it might not. I wish people would stop talking about it in this way, it is illogical and not constructive.

For god sake, I don't know how many times I have to say this, but being a foreign player doesn't make you a poor signing.

Football history is awash with English players who moved within English football and suddenly became crap (off the top of my head, Bentley, Carroll), and foreign players who came here and did great, often quickly (Samba after a briefly shakey start, Nelsen, RSC). It's meaningless!! I don't care if they're from the outskirts of Manchester, outer mongolia, or outer space, I just care if they're good enough. It MIGHT make a player have a little trouble adapting quite as fast, it might not. I wish people would stop talking about it in this way, it is illogical and not constructive.

True, what I should say is the foreign signings made by this load of shyte currently in charge at Ewood Park.

True, what I should say is the foreign signings made by this load of shyte currently in charge at Ewood Park.

Again though, the 'foreign' aspect doesn't help us there. Dann isn't foreign, and he's the worst signing of the lot!!

Dont bite. JAL would find a negative in a lottery jackpot win.

Tried but failed miserable, what's your excuse, spotted any offensive avatars lately?.

The fact that apart from running around a lot slowly, he wasn't very good at anything.

Lot of Jal's around tonight, how about tackles won?.

Lot of Jal's around tonight, how about tackles won?.

lol.

seriously 67er, tackling and Formica don't belong in the same sentence. For me, he achieves nothing. I would let him go for free if he could find another club.

lol.

seriously 67er, tackling and Formica don't belong in the same sentence. For me, he achieves nothing. I would let him go for free if he could find another club.

Think you need to check on the stats, he made more tackles and had a higher percentage tackle sucecess than all of our fowards and midifelders.

Good hard working team player, think too many on here expected him to be all tricks and flicks when he very industrious and hard working. Will only improve,

Yeah, I Iiked what I saw of Mauro last season. I wish numbnuts started with him a lot more often. I've always loved Dunn, but Formica should have had his place nailed done. He's industrious and tenacious and sometimes his attacking contributions are a little bit classy. I hope we can hold onto him.

The fact that apart from running around a lot slowly, he wasn't very good at anything.

He was good at scoring, remember his one-two with Nzonzi during our win over Fulham? He scored a few goals and while that may pale in comparison when contrasted to the likes of Yakubu and Hoilett's record last season, he still contributed. That and his defensive tackles that helped broke up the opposing teams' attack. Wait, that has already been mentioned by others.

Can't say the same for say...Petrovic, right?

Archived