BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adrien Silva & Fabio Nunes

Kamy100

What made Formica a failure IYO?

Just physically too weak for the big lads league. Couldnt fault his effort though.

I think what JAL is saying is that a poor signing is forgiveable provided he's English, overpriced and behaves like a genital.

Just trying to link the two groups of foreigners under this regime by stating that the first lot were not good enough so what chance is the second lot got of being any better

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just trying to link the two groups of foreigners under this regime by stating that the first lot were not good enough so what chance is the second lot got of being any better

Ironically, Kean's rare successful signing was a Nigerian named Yakubu, and none of the local lads he signed were good enough either. If you look at it from that point of view, we're better off hoping we get the lucky strike from a foreign signing rather than a local one.

Ironically, Kean's rare successful signing was a Nigerian named Yakubu, and none of the local lads he signed were good enough either. If you look at it from that point of view, we're better off hoping we get the lucky strike from a foreign signing rather than a local one.

His only success and now hes flogged him but the Yak had lots of premiership experience what experience do these guys have is that the clue to gauging future success of these two.

His only success and now hes flogged him but the Yak had lots of premiership experience what experience do these guys have is that the clue to gauging future success of these two.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought your definition of foreign was players who were born overseas and possess a non-English citizenship. Not players who have only plied their trade in foreign leagues. Maybe you should have said that earlier, then the others wouldn't have reacted the way they had?

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought your definition of foreign was players who were born overseas and possess a non-English citizenship. Not players who have only plied their trade in foreign leagues. Maybe you should have said that earlier, then the others wouldn't have reacted the way they had?

Lets say Kean and his cohorts have had far too low of a success rate in overseas player recruitment. So much so that this has showed on the football pitch and this has reflected in the results leaving the fan base hoping mad at this regime and now we find ourselves in a lower league all through bad, bad, very bad management of the club.

Lets say Kean and his cohorts have had far too low of a success rate in overseas player recruitment. So much so that this has showed on the football pitch and this has reflected in the results leaving the fan base hoping mad at this regime and now we find ourselves in a lower league all through bad, bad, very bad management of the club.

Won't deny that because it's true. Wonder if the new signings will succeed though.

I know we dont always like stats but I'm sure I read that Formica broke up more attacks than any other midfielder in our team.

Don't need stats Ricky, we've both seen him haven't we? I'm surprised you think that Formica is good defensively.

At the end of the day we are now without a left winger or a right winger, because this nunes fella wont get a game on the left and it's pointless trying to play Rochina on the right and vuckevic will probably be off. We are still without a decisive midfielder and we could be left with just 1 decent centre back (hanley) at the club if Givet goes. Lastly we still don't have a real natural goal scorer at this level, at the club. On top of that we have a toad for a manager.

With that, in my opinion, we are a million miles away from a top 6 side in this division.

Formica is at least useful and was as effective last season as the likes of Pedersen and Lowe in midfield. Rochina is a young player with bags of potential, so it's hard to describe him as a failure at this point. Vukcevic could be an excellent player if he ever got on the pitch, but the chances are he sits on the bench because of non-football issues so that doesn't really reflect on ability. Yakubu was a great signing despite people's objections at the time. That pretty much leaves Petrovic and Ribeiro as foreign signings that went badly.

So let's look at the glorious foreign signings of previous regimes. Goulon, Linganzi and Mame Diouf? Kalinic? I know some people will defend him, but we're always so keen to judge strikers by their goals per game ratio (recently with Best) so how does 7 in 44 grab you?

Or how about Di Santo? He was prolific. Grella and Villanueva? Good times, right? Even further back, I'm sure we all remember what a fantastic signing Maceo Rigters was.

So there you go, it turns out that other managers under different owners made bad foreign signings too. Of course, there's also a list of more successful ones, and if you didn't insist on making everything into a negative then you'd see that not all of our signings under Kean have been a waste of time. Just because none of the signings have turned out to be world beaters doesn't mean they haven't been reasonable additions, and it certainly doesn't mean that all players we sign in the future will be useless. The problem is more to do with the players we've lost and the manager rather than the additions we've made.

What I don't understand is how we can judge these players already? I mean, give them a chance at least first and then if they are terrible we at least have proof!

I think Silva will be a great signing for us but I am unsure on Nunes as I have never seen him in action!

As for Formica, Rochina and Petrovic - Formica I thought played well when he got the minutes and I also think Rochina will become an important player for us, I never understood why Kean didn't give him much of a chance! I will most probably get slated for this too but Petrovic always seemed to look pretty decent when he didn't play alongside N'Zonzi... maybe when they play together he doesnt quite know what role he has to take on?

Have you been looking at his wikipedia?

No. Should I? Someone asked a question about defenders and I just happened to read on Ewood Park's Finest's wall that we seem to be signing this guy - some claim in the range of 1.5 million, and some claim he's free. Whether you believe that bit of information or not is entirely up to you. I just thought you would like to know, that's all, but I have no comments on its validity or truth.

Blackburn Rovers apparently well ahead to sign center-back Magnus Okuonghae from

Colchester.

Ewood Park's Finest.

Seems there are a few Championship teams after him.Apparently his nickname is the beast,was Captain at Colchester and is now out of contract.

At the end of the day we are now without a left winger or a right winger, because this nunes fella wont get a game on the left and it's pointless trying to play Rochina on the right and vuckevic will probably be off. We are still without a decisive midfielder and we could be left with just 1 decent centre back (hanley) at the club if Givet goes. Lastly we still don't have a real natural goal scorer at this level, at the club. On top of that we have a toad for a manager.

With that, in my opinion, we are a million miles away from a top 6 side in this division.

Left Winger - Olsson *2, MGP

Right Winger - Vuckevic, Formica

Decisive Midfield Player - Murphy - Dunn as back up

Central Defence - Givet hasn't gone yet - Dann may yet prove people wrong

Natural Goalscorer - Goodwillie or Rochina if given the chance will score goals

Toad for a manager - Kean

Formica is at least useful and was as effective last season as the likes of Pedersen and Lowe in midfield. Rochina is a young player with bags of potential, so it's hard to describe him as a failure at this point. Vukcevic could be an excellent player if he ever got on the pitch, but the chances are he sits on the bench because of non-football issues so that doesn't really reflect on ability. Yakubu was a great signing despite people's objections at the time. That pretty much leaves Petrovic and Ribeiro as foreign signings that went badly.

So let's look at the glorious foreign signings of previous regimes. Goulon, Linganzi and Mame Diouf? Kalinic? I know some people will defend him, but we're always so keen to judge strikers by their goals per game ratio (recently with Best) so how does 7 in 44 grab you?

Or how about Di Santo? He was prolific. Grella and Villanueva? Good times, right? Even further back, I'm sure we all remember what a fantastic signing Maceo Rigters was.

So there you go, it turns out that other managers under different owners made bad foreign signings too. Of course, there's also a list of more successful ones, and if you didn't insist on making everything into a negative then you'd see that not all of our signings under Kean have been a waste of time. Just because none of the signings have turned out to be world beaters doesn't mean they haven't been reasonable additions, and it certainly doesn't mean that all players we sign in the future will be useless. The problem is more to do with the players we've lost and the manager rather than the additions we've made.

Wasnt the whole sale of Rovers designed so that Rovers could avoid bringing in those type of lower quality players and give Allardyce the necessary funds to be able raise the quality of the players at the club.

Told there will be a signing today. Possibly Silva.

Sorry. Got my wires crossed. Silva is meeting with his old club today. Won't be able to sign til Tues/Wed at earliest.

Yes, we're actively looking for defenders.

Left Winger - Olsson *2, MGP

Right Winger - Vuckevic, Formica

Decisive Midfield Player - Murphy - Dunn as back up

Central Defence - Givet hasn't gone yet - Dann may yet prove people wrong

Natural Goalscorer - Goodwillie or Rochina if given the chance will score goals

Toad for a manager - Kean

You've just totally missed the point. Ollson will be gone, pedersen can't play left mid anymore so that's no LM. Like I said no point in playing players out of position, therefore Formica isn't a winger, and vuckevic will probs be off, so no RM. Danny Murphy or Dunn for defensive mid? You having a laugh! No DM. Goodwillie natural goal scorer? He rarely got above about 15 in Scottish prem and Rochina maybe, but he won't be played in the correct position and there's no evidence I say he will ever be as such.

Sorry but at this moment in time the team is nowhere near top 6 standard.

Archived