BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adrien Silva & Fabio Nunes

Kamy100

• Backroom

Not you as well. Look we liked looking at Matty but first and foremost we liked the fact that he scored goals. Most of us just are not that shallow.

I was just playing

I could hardly go 'PHWAOOOOR!' myself could I? :P

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if we land all the fellas we are linked to we will have Murphy, Petrovic, Nzonzi, Vukcevic, Silva, Gosling, Nunes, Pedersen, Dunn, Lowe, Formica all on the books. Plus Cotton knocking on the door too. Twelve players for a maximum of five places in the team. Three or four have to be going out the door. Probably Formica and Nzonzi I would guess. Not sure who else...

So if we land all the fellas we are linked to we will have Murphy, Petrovic, Nzonzi, Vukcevic, Silva, Gosling, Nunes, Pedersen, Dunn, Lowe, Formica all on the books. Plus Cotton knocking on the door too. Twelve players for a maximum of five places in the team. Three or four have to be going out the door. Probably Formica and Nzonzi I would guess. Not sure who else...

Or Kean :wstu: the numpty may think we can play like Spain with all the midfielder's :huh: ha ha

It is quite a good idea to have substitutes and reserves, but maybe that's old-fashioned. A little competition for places never hurt anyone and in recent seasons one of our main problems has been a lack of options and back-ups in midfield.

Also, my guess would be that we will be using a 4-5-1 formation this season, so it would see Best up front by himself and then one of Dunn, Formica or Rochina in just behind him.

I wouldn't be surpised to see Formica leave. There was talk of him going in January, surely it would be even more likely now.

Anyway, back on topic and Cryer seems pretty optomistic that Silva will sign for us.

Some of them may leave, but we'll just have to wait and see. Would very much like to see Silva sign as he is the type of player that our team needs and would compliment the likes of N'Zonzi, Murphy and Petrovic.

i would add Vuckevic to that also , as talented as he is, Kean wont play him and a player that good doesnt have to sit on the bench at a 2nd tier club

N'Zonzi will definitely move on, Formica and Vukcevic probably will, Gosling won't come. That's 4 - if we could get shut of Pedersen we'd be no worse off but think we're lumbered with him until his contract expires, and don't think Cotton is ready yet. Got it down to 6 pretty easily! ;)

I really hope Formica or Vukcevic stay, we could use them out on the right were we are a bit light, and they could stand out at this level.

However unlikely I'm hoping Kean will be sacked before the window close and before players with relatively un-tapped quality(Simon, Formica, rochina, petrovic even goodwillie) get shipped off, I'm sure a good manager could get at least twice as much out of these players than knobface has done.

I really hope Formica or Vukcevic stay, we could use them out on the right were we are a bit light, and they could stand out at this level.

Agreed. Both seem like they work hard which is important in the Championship. One of them staying would be useful.

I also would get shut of Nzonzi - can't see him performing at all on a wet Saturday in Barnsley. Pedersen too. Unconvinced by Marcus Olsson but he is cheap so will hang about.

Like to see a starting side will be something like:-

---------------------Bunn

------Orr---Hanley----Givet----Henley

Vukcevic--Murphy----Silva---Nunes

-------------Rochina---Best

Subs:- Kean, Dann, Petrovic, Gosling, Dunn, Goodwillie, Gomes

Squad:- Morris, Lowe, Marcus Olsson, Linganzi, Slew, Cotton, Fernandez

Looking at the squad even if both Givet and Dann stay we need a new centreback.

Pedersen will be committed. He always has been and always will be. People can knock him for inconsistency and a serious drop in form and confidence over the past few years, but you know that when he goes out there that he will work hard and try.

really? i have seen pedersen pull out of challenges when the ball is there to be won, costing us goals on some occasions, he isnt commited in my view, he runs around the pitch like a headless chicken lofting nothing balls straight back to the opposition.

Pedersen will be committed. He always has been and always will be. People can knock him for inconsistency and a serious drop in form and confidence over the past few years, but you know that when he goes out there that he will work hard and try.

Some don't see that though. The only real thing I like about Pedersen is when he covers at left back after real Olsson has bombed forward. He is completely ineffectual on the wing......I saw a graph the other day on where we attacked from last year.....the left, right or through the middle....and it was a literally a diagonal line going down from the left, through the middle and down to the right......ie mostly through Hoilett (and Olsson) down the left and hardly ever down the right......Pedersen played that side quite often and would do basically nothing going forward......the only real attacking contribution from him that I saw all season that I can remember is his lovely cross for Formica's goal against Norwich.

As Allardyce realised, he is much better in the middle but can only play in a 3 as he is not defensive enough to be a defensive midfielder and not creative enough to do that role either.....he keeps it simple and ticking over in the middle, which is obviously useful due to our inability for the most part to retain possession but I still see it as a bit of a waste.....a defensive midfielder there instead last year could have allowed Nzonzi to drive forward which he is good at, or a more creative midfielder eg Formica or Vukcevic who can play in the middle, would have contributed something offensively rather than chipping the ball on the outside of the area over everyone's head and to the keeper or out for a goal kick.

This season, in a 3, Murphy and Silva if he signs, Petrovic or Lowe if he doesn't, need to play which leaves one role free in which I would rather have Vukcevic, Formica, Rochina or Dunn in which the last 3 would usually be higher up the pitch playing off a striker. I imagine he will be on a relegation wage cut thing but I would still rather let him go. Which would also mean someone else could take corners as he seems to have lost that and is only good at whipping in balls from a free kick in a wide position. Also someone like Rochina, Vukcevic or whoever can take direct free kicks as he only seems to score one a season these days and I imagine our tricky, skilful players like Rochina and Formica will win us more free kicks in this division.

Archived