BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam means business !?!?

Didn't he lie at the start of the video regarding his involvment with Phil Jones?

Surely then, the clubs lawyers would say that nothing he says on the video is true including the reason he gave for Sam being sacked?

It will be damn difficult to pursue Rovers on the basis of video testimony of a proven liar.

Kean would take the loss in court and Rovers would walk. No?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At what point does Kean's position become untenable:

- Blames fans for spiking his drink, banned from driving

- Proven liar in court

- Requires bodyguard to walk round town (and driver)

- Worst BRFC manager in the last 20 years statistically

- Relegated the club

- Tactically clueless

- Lost support of senior/best players

- Awful transfer record

- Lost faith of previous Board members

- Hated by fans

- Will provoke protests starting at the first pre-season game

- Record numbers of ST non-renewers because of him

- The Wigan reaction to our biggest away following of the season

- A joke figure amongst all football fans in this country

- Now being sued for the video

The fact he is still here is evidence enough of wrong-doings at the club involving agents.

Surely then, the clubs lawyers would say that nothing he says is ever true

There you go MG, a slight amendment and a more plausable case for the defence. There's certainly enough evidence out there, like the last time Kean was in court?

You may get a question from the Judge along the lines of "then why on earth, Blackburn Rovers, is this man still in your employment?" - which is a tricky one but then the club could just mumble something about being "confused". That sort of thing normally does it. Failing that, run away and hide.

When he gave his Agents son a contract.

Didn't he lie at the start of the video regarding his involvment with Phil Jones?

Surely then, the clubs lawyers would say that nothing he says on the video is true including the reason he gave for Sam being sacked?

It will be damn difficult to pursue Rovers on the basis of video testimony of a proven liar.

Any reaction from 'inside the camp' on the video and subsequent legal action?

I do feel that if the lawyers said something on those lines, then the owners would get a real earful from the judge, to employ and continue to employ a serial liar would implicate the club on the grounds of maladministration!!

Because when he was asked why Sam was sacked, Kean replied, 'because he was a F***** crook' the inference was that the club sacked him for that reason, either the club deny that or take it further or Stevie baby will face a huge legal bill and compensation payment!

I'm still not sure that makes the club responsible for what Kean says when he's off duty. Kean didn't fire Sam, Venkys (BRFC) did.

For example, if I was at the pub and someone asked me what happened to the creepy security guard from work, and I said he was sacked because somebody walked into the office late one evening and caught him cracking one off behind his desk...

The security guard might be able to sue me for slander but he couldn't sue my employer as well.

(even though it was true, and the guy actually stood up, trousers round his ankles, weapon loaded, when confronted)

Why have the club not suspended the manager or reprimanded him, is the no comment attitude an indication that Rovers owners approve of the contents of the video? As posts above state you could make a valid argument for Kean to be sacked 5 or 6 times over his tenure, this is without doubt unprecedented in the world of football. Why does no one explain why he is the manager of the football club, because no one can now believe that it is for footballing reasons.

I'm still not sure that makes the club responsible for what Kean says when he's off duty. Kean didn't fire Sam, Venkys (BRFC) did.

For example, if I was at the pub and someone asked me what happened to the creepy security guard from work, and I said he was sacked because somebody walked into the office late one evening and caught him cracking one off behind his desk...

The security guard might be able to sue me for slander but he couldn't sue my employer as well.

(even though it was true, and the guy actually stood up, trousers round his ankles, weapon loaded, when confronted)

See my post above 'I do feel that if the lawyers said something on those lines, then the owners would get a real earful from the judge, to employ and continue to employ a serial liar would implicate the club on the grounds of maladministration'

It would be reasonable to assume in a court of law, that to say Kean has a record of being a serial liar, would constitute gross misconduct and as such, the judge would ask the question, what steps have been taken to prevent this happening again? The answer would have to be, we gave him a new improved contract, if that doesnt stack up to be maladministration, I dont know what would and in my opinion the Judge would rule, that by their admission through their lawyers that it was known Kean was a liar, they failed to act, then by that admission, the club would become liable!

Thats not too far from an incident that happened at my works, although a dog was involved.....

It would be reasonable to assume in a court of law, that to say Kean has a record of being a serial liar, would constitute gross misconduct and as such, the judge would ask the question, what steps have been taken to prevent this happening again? The answer would have to be, we gave him a new improved contract, if that doesnt stack up to be maladministration, I dont know what would and in my opinion the Judge would rule, that by their admission through their lawyers that it was known Kean was a liar, they failed to act, then by that admission, the club would become liable!

Rumpole of the Bailey I most definitely am not, but I'm fairly sure the law doesn't work like that.

BRFC can employ whoever they want - Kean's character doesn't mean they can be accused of maladministration, and even if it did, I still doubt they're liable for things he did in a bar.

If that were the case, various employers of Joey Barton would have wound up in prison.

Rumpole of the Bailey I most definitely am not, but I'm fairly sure the law doesn't work like that.

BRFC can employ whoever they want - Kean's character doesn't mean they can be accused of maladministration, and even if it did, I still doubt they're liable for things he did in a bar.

If that were the case, various employers of Joey Barton would have wound up in prison.

The law does work like that, if you were bullied at work, the employers knew about it and didnt take action, they would be guil;ty as they have a duty of care, that duty of care extends to all kinds of misdemeanours, remember, the hypothetical scenario is if Rovers defence was 'we know he is a serial liar' but they failed in their duty of care by not acting, rather, they gave him a new contract!!!

Indeed, a couple of my former colleagues were sacked for things they put on twitter and facebook, tribunal ruled it fair!!¬

Thats not too far from an incident that happened at my works, although a dog was involved.....

Same company, a middle-management type staggers from the pub to the office one Friday night, breaks a door while attempting to get in, crawls behind his desk and proceeds to entertain himself while viewing gentlemen's websites.

He's caught on camera doing it, his deeds become legend, but he gets a promotion rather than a P45.

I'm sure there was a point to this... It's Venkys business, they can hire and fire whomever they want?

Lots of people desperately trying to make me dislike one ###### more than another. Regardless, I still don't like either of them.

Hilarious how people are posting and adding +1 to crap such as "4. While seemingly half cut,filmed allegedly calling previous manager a 'crook'.

5. Ex-manager now bringing legal charges against Teflon and B.R.F.C.possibly through High Court with all the negative media attention it will bring." Then others whinging on about the name of the club being dragged through the mud backwards etc.

Wasn't that negative attention actually brought upon us by some of our own fans secretly filming him then posting it online??

Hasn't there been a campaign for the last 12 months (at least) to bring negative attention on the club and cause any kind of disruption possible?

Aren't certain individuals actively and desperately trying to court the FA to impose sanctions on the club?

A hahaha aaha haha :mellow:

This is rubbish right?

• Moderation Lead

Pedro- troll off, you're embarassing yourself. Whatever you may think of Allardyce as a character, his managerial ability is light years ahead of Kean's, and frankly there's no comparison.

Why is Allardyce sueing the club :angry2: ????

The general rule when issuing proceedings is to go after the party with the money. If you were working on a building site for instance (which has many different elements) and you suffered an injury, you'd sue the party (or parties) most likely to have insurance - provided they had at least some part in your injury. Hope that makes sense...

Kean, for all the money he's earned doing (Please don't use that word again) all since he gained control, is unlikely to have the sort of personal wealth to sustain a defamation case going against him. No point suing someone who doesn't have the money. The club is far likelier to have the funds to pay a (likely) settlement.

In suing the club, Allardyce can drag both it and Kean through the mud since Kean's words (while in the employ of Blackburn Rovers) are at issue.

Sorry, the clubs on tour, the manager meets with the fans in a group and talks to them about the club? That's being on duty.

Much as I despise Kean and all he stands for, this seems like a frivolous case (assuming it's actually about the video). Kean got drunk again and called his former boss a crook. So what? All it proves it that Kean is an odious little turd, but we already knew that. If John Terry can say what he said to Anton Ferdinand in front of an audience of millions, and get away with it, there's no chance of Kean getting punished, and no way a court should waste any time on it.

The standard of proof in a civil case (the balance of probabilities) is lower than that applied to criminal proceedings (beyond reasonable doubt).

Whcih begs the question, why do venkys still believe the garbage he says about how things are going at the club. Why do they still want to employ somebody who is a proven liar. Who is therefore a liability to venkys, the club etc. They should be asking themselves, can this idiot be trusted. The answer is never, sack him.

Much as I despise Kean and all he stands for, this seems like a frivolous case (assuming it's actually about the video). Kean got drunk again and called his former boss a crook. So what? All it proves it that Kean is an odious little turd, but we already knew that. If John Terry can say what he said to Anton Ferdinand in front of an audience of millions, and get away with it, there's no chance of Kean getting punished, and no way a court should waste any time on it.

The law does work like that, if you were bullied at work, the employers knew about it and didnt take action, they would be guil;ty as they have a duty of care, that duty of care extends to all kinds of misdemeanours, remember, the hypothetical scenario is if Rovers defence was 'we know he is a serial liar' but they failed in their duty of care by not acting, rather, they gave him a new contract!!!

Indeed, a couple of my former colleagues were sacked for things they put on twitter and facebook, tribunal ruled it fair!!¬

Correct, I have heard simular tales.

When they sack him.

I'm convinced now that Kean will never resign - even if he took us down again this season. It's up to the owners to make that move. They've already done unrepairable damage to the club by not acting, it's just a matter of how much more damage they're going to oversee, before they finally act.

I wonder why the ignorant b******s stand and watch their "baby" go down with the bathwater?

When they sack him.

I'm convinced now that Kean will never resign - even if he took us down again this season. It's up to the owners to make that move. They've already done unrepairable damage to the club by not acting, it's just a matter of how much more damage they're going to oversee, before they finally act.

I wonder why the ignorant b******s stand and watch their "baby" go down with the bathwater?

That's assuming they are the owners.

While it would be very entertaining to see Venkys call Kean a liar in Court (supporting Sam's case and begging the question of why is he still employed), Kean is not a mere factory worker. The Club and/or Venkys are very much potentially liable for Kean's work related actions and statements.

Why is Allardyce sueing the club :angry2: ????

1. Kean is the Club's spokesman and agent; and,

2. Sam signed a contract with the Club, not Kean, which may have been violated.

This is just anotehr example of Venkys and Kean bringing the good name of our beloved club in to disrepute. Kean is a professional (or meant to be) he should never have got himself in to that situation and discussed those topics with fans, whilst drunk - end of.

Venkys defend Kean and stand by him, which I`m afriad tarnishes a once proud blackburn rovers, reagrdless of the outcome of this; it is a public lawsuit against our manager and our club.

The whole thing stinks, and I am ashamed of the way this has been handled by Kean and the club - disgusting.

Archived