BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam means business !?!?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this email from an Arsenal fan. Oh for these days once again.

The world of Big Sam through the eyes of an Arsenal fan back in ‘09.

That Rafael Benitez. Rafa they call him. Goatee beard, whatever that is. Not like mutton chops. No, not a manly beard. Not facial hair. Not like my moustache. I miss my moustache. Mr Ferguson though, Mr Ferguson, said it tickled. Gave him a rash. Leant it to Phil at Hull.

Standing. Standing aloof in 'his' technical area. 'His' like he owns it. Staring at 'his' players. 'His' like he owns them. Staring at my players. Does he want to own them? Not likely says Big Sam. Big Sam, too big for England. The FA, too scared, too scared about what Big Sam can offer. Too scared of 4:5:1 with Upson up front. Matty Upson, big, strong. Manly, leading the line.

There he is. The Spaniard. In Big Sam's country. Applauding a goal. By Torres. Another Spaniard. He were imported. Imported into Big Sam's country. The arch of the ball. Leaving his boot. Leaving Robinson, my Robinson, staring at the English sun. Flat-footed like a bobby. A bobby on t'beat. Don't see many of them nowadays.

The noise. The noise of northern men. Northern men and women. Celebrating. Celebrating a goal. Scored by a Spaniard against an English 'keeper. England's best 'keeper. The horror. The horror. Horrible. Treason.

And then. More. The cross. The header. The score. In bold. Spain two. England Nil. Big Sam's England. And there he is. The Spaniard with his facial hair and note book. He's looking at Big Sam. He's looking at me. Past me. Or at me.

Looking. Smiling. Mocking Big Sam! Him! Mocking Big Sam! The arms. Moving. The Smile. The language! Si!? Todo bien?! Todo bien?!!! A chocolate bar?! That's a chocolate bar! He's shouting foreign bloody chocolate bars at me! I half-choke on my Boddington's! Game over. That's what he's saying. Game over Big Sam! Hidden in that language. Game over. He's mocking me. I look to Benni.

Benni. Benni McCarthy. McCarthy. Like Big Mick down t'road. South African. Practically British. A war there. You know? Boars or summat. A war about pigs? Wasn't that to do wit' Cuba? I look to Benni. Benni's waiting. Benni's a striker. He's pleading with his eyes. He's pleading with that raised finger. 'Play me Big Sam.' 'Play me.' We lock steely eyes. I placate him with crossed arms. Strong, crossed arms. 'Samba'll do a job Benni. Samba'll do it.' I say. I say with my arms. I say with my shrugged shoulders. There's still time. 55 minutes. No need for Benni. Samba'll do it.

I march back to give the fouth official advice. 'I could have been England manager!' I tell him. He stares. He's laughing. They're all laughing. Hateful. Spiteful. Mocking me. Mocking Big Sam. Bile rises. I march to t'bench. I almost trip, almost stumble over Winston. Winston. Winston the whippet. My whippet. Big Sam's whippet.

It's over. The Spaniard won. Beat me, beat me; Big Sam. four nothing. Cheated. They all do. Foreigners. I can't abide cheaters. Can't abide players who go around, go around like they own the place. I tell El Hadji. El Hadji agrees. He were booed. Mocked. They all mock. They mock Big Sam and his British Blackburn Rovers. Andre agrees. As does Morten. Never cheats, that Morten. Zurab. Zurab, a strapping lad from Rangers. Rangers in Scotland. British Scotland. He agrees. As does Carlos. Carlos. Funny lad. Says he's chilly. I give him me cap. A cap and a Woodbine.

The FA. I'll go t'FA. Mocking me he were. Taunting. Teasing. Terrible behaviour. Undermined me. Undermined me 4:5:1 with no recognised strikers. Mocked me. I phone Phil. I phone Brian Horten. Spaniards. All of 'em. Mocking. Spitting. I hate that. El Hadji agrees. We all agree. Mocking. Malevolent.

Big Sam'll be back. You'll see.

Didn't he lie at the start of the video regarding his involvment with Phil Jones?

Surely then, the clubs lawyers would say that nothing he says on the video is true including the reason he gave for Sam being sacked?

It will be damn difficult to pursue Rovers on the basis of video testimony of a proven liar.

Kean would take the loss in court and Rovers would walk. No?

So MG we can add English civil law to your list of expertise, along with all things associated with Rovers.

I have no clue why Sam is suing but I would imagine any compromise agreement between Sam and the club would have involved clauses where Sam would not be allowed to slag off (for want of another word) the club and Venkys. In response I would imagine his lawyers would have included clauses which would not permit Venkys, any of their businesses or any senior employee of those businesses slagging off Sam.

I do not think that they would be pursuing what amounts to an expensive civil claim in court if they were not sure that there was a good case to answer. I would think that Rovers/Kean will be looking to settle this out of court.

Kean spewing nonsense about Jones is unrelated to his calling Allardyce a crook. Rovers' lawyers can argue that he's a liar all they want. That's exactly what Allardyce's people will be suggesting too. The fact remains that he, while manager of Blackburn Rovers and on an official club trip, has slandered another individual. I don't see how there can be much of a grey area in this regard.

Kean spewing nonsense about Jones is unrelated to his calling Allardyce a crook. Rovers' lawyers can argue that he's a liar all they want. That's exactly what Allardyce's people will be suggesting too. The fact remains that he, while manager of Blackburn Rovers and on an official club trip, has slandered another individual. I don't see how there can be much of a grey area in this regard.

Whilst hammered and talking BS in a pub.

Certainly Kean will have to put his hand into his pocket for this. But IMO I just don't see Rovers having to pay up for it.

Certainly Kean will have to put his hand into his pocket for this. But IMO I just don't see Rovers having to pay up for it.

Isn't that really the issue? A PL Club Manager with an obvious weakness for the dreaded amber nectar or whatever is his choice gets himself in this situation and the Venky family appear to not give one single **** that by association they are deemed the same.

The fact he was drunk and taliking BULL SH1t is no defence.

THB this will never get to Court - your mates will fork up IMhumbleO

The club should be ok. But not venkys or Kean. Kean's claim is venkys sacked Sam because he is a crook. Watch the video again. Kean was asked a direct question, which was - Why did they (venkys) sack Kean. Kean then said for being a crook.

If venkys support Kean on this, they are supporting the words that Kean has said. So thye maybe asked to explain, why they consider Sam a crook - afterall, I bet that is not the reason they gave to Sam when they sacked him.

Venkys can only distance themselves from this by sacking Kean - if Kean is lying (which he is) he is accusing venkys of calling Sam a crook. If venkys want a cheap way of sacking Kean, this video may be it.

Failure of venkys in not sacking kean, implements them.

But he was not just some bloke hammered in a pub. As Manager, Kean is an ambassador for the club whilst on an official tour. Even without the specific content of what he said, his general level of behaviour and conduct was shocking.

Yes, no doubt this should let him off the hook.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm ...

So anyway M.G.roads!

This direct phonecall you said Silva maid to the venkys last weekend at 2.30am(pune time) in which you claimed silva told venkys he was defo signing!, turned out not to be true then what a suprise.

That would be Gin&Tonic time, Empire Rules

One of these fellas who works in India and speaks like an Englishman.

Thanks Bryan. I think we have got him/her sussed. IT is prone to emerge occasionally to serve canapes, MG? which canape is first? Raj style? And the Answer is not Humble Pie (not a bad band to those interested).

Are you suggesting that the club would try to avoid liability by claiming that their manager is a drunken liar ?

I would pay to watch them try to run this as a defence in court ! :lol:

How would they then explain why they have not instigated disciplinary proceedings against Kean for his conduct ?

Sam could be suing the club for breach of the agreement he reached with the club when they sacked him.

He could have agreed to keep quiet about the goings on at the club. This would explain the deafening silence from Sam and the other sacked employees.

However, such an agreement can be a two way street. As Kendalrover pointed out there could be a mutual non-derogatory or non-disparagement clause which bars senior officials of the club from slagging Sam off.

I don't like Allardyce personally either...I thought he was an arrogant pr#ck who would take the credit in post match interviews when we won and talk about the players when we lost but to compare him to Kean is a bit ridiculous.....I despise Kean....Allardyce's worst post match interview would have been about a 2/10 on the Kean scale and I hope it goes all the way to court and Allardyce cleans him out.

That's the main reason I don't like him.

I genuinely couldn't give a (Please don't use that word again) what the outcome is. Big Sam is a Grade A ###### and we were only ever going to be a stepping stone for him. In the other corner, we have Rovers' shittest ever manager, Steve Kean, who appears to be a deluded, Teflon coated parasite. Both are luckier and richer than me and neither love Rovers anywhere near as much as I do. In addition to this, I also despise the short-sighted numb ######/self-proclaimed super fans complaining about the "image" of Rovers etc. when certain fans have done as much to tarnish the image as the numpties from Pune have. An all-round, no chance of winning, pisspoor situation.

Lots of pro-Sam chants yesterday, he was never this popular when he was manager.

Sam was very popular among fans who understood football and knew his value to the club. You're obviously not one of them.

If the club had taken action, issued a statement saying that Steve Kean's words held no truth and that they were words that they neither condone or agree with, and disciplined him accordingly for his lack of professionalism, then no they wouldn't have to pay up for it.

Has that happened? Like an apology for the horror show that was last season. Like any other club in the land, or indeed in the world would have done whether in the professional leagues or not. No it hasn't.

Their silence and lack of action can only be seen one way. And that is why they fail.

That's the main reason I don't like him.

I genuinely couldn't give a (Please don't use that word again) what the outcome is. Big Sam is a Grade A ###### and we were only ever going to be a stepping stone for him. In the other corner, we have Rovers' shittest ever manager, Steve Kean, who appears to be a deluded, Teflon coated parasite. Both are luckier and richer than me and neither love Rovers anywhere near as much as I do. In addition to this, I also despise the short-sighted numb ######/self-proclaimed super fans complaining about the "image" of Rovers etc. when certain fans have done as much to tarnish the image as the numpties from Pune have. An all-round, no chance of winning, pisspoor situation.

In my opinion a very poor post, give a manager a brief and he meets the criteria, you cannot ask any more than that, Allardyce did that, like him or not, its about ability and results, Alardyce produced them, this guy cant!! No discussion needed, the facts speak for themselves!

In addition to this, I also despise the short-sighted numb ######/self-proclaimed super fans complaining about the "image" of Rovers etc. when certain fans have done as much to tarnish the image as the numpties from Pune have. An all-round, no chance of winning, pisspoor situation.

Wise up. Nothing any fan has done will have damaged the club more than those actions of the anonymous owners, their Indian puppets and the bald toadie.

Archived