BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Game Thread - Rochdale Away Pre Season

25/7/12 7:30pm - Spotland Stadium

Willbutts Lane, Rochdale, Lancashire , Rochdale

Tickets £10 (£5 concessions) available on the night.

Ground info - To be expanded.

Pubs (back from 2008) -There are a few options around Rochdale for a drink before the match. The club has two bars of its own, 'Studds Bar' and 'Ratcliffes Arms' both just outside the ground. For visiting fans the club recommends 'Studds Bar' (although both admit away fans), which is in the WMG Stand for away fans. Other alternatives are the Church Inn on Willbutts Lane and the Cemetery on Sandy Lane

Facebook Event - http://www.facebook....264115467021943

Preview - none available

Team - Not yet confirmed

Report - Available after the game

I imagine compared to other games we've had at spotlands over the last decade, but as always BRFCS will have people there

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a mate in Preston who is a Chesterfield fan and we have been to Rochdale for the last couple of seasons, I also recall going to watch Rovers at the Dale years ago in 19??.

The chippy opposite the away fans turnstiles is about the best you will come across, try the "rag pies" which are a local Rochdale, Oldham, Bury area speciality.......and no they have nowt to do with periods!

Expect a few more of us to get chucked out tomorrow for having the audacity to shout "Kean Out" within close hearing distance of the smug twit.

It was a serious question - haven't decided yet whether to go or not and unlike the game on saturday it doesn't say where tickets are on sale on the official site - just gives the prices. I thought I'd rahter know in advance if I needed to get a ticket from here or whether it was like Saturday, just turn up.

Having been bundled out of Accy Stanley for shouting "Kean out" (cheers bonehead bouncers). I'd recommend you'd state facts instead of airing your wishes. 

All sing 

Steve Kean's an imbecile,

Steve Kean's an imbecile.

Can't be evicted for stating facts?

Having been bundled out of Accy Stanley for shouting "Kean out" (cheers bonehead bouncers). I'd recommend you'd state facts instead of airing your wishes.

All sing

Steve Kean's an imbecile,

Steve Kean's an imbecile.

Can't be evicted for stating facts?

Surely someone cannot be thrown out of a ground for chanting that? What will happen when its sung in Ewood on the 1st match of the season? Chuck everyone out?

Feels much more like a normal preseason tonight, same old faces, quiet enough to hear Robbo commanding the back four, pedestrian game where a miss-kick by Robbo for a corner is the only noteworthy thing (the only shot in goal so far came from a Robbo goal kick that bounced further than expected), Dann seems to be playing 10 yards behind Bruno, givet and whatever kid we have on the left.

Pedestrian at best

What a storming pre season. 2nd division opposition and so far, including Macclesfield, we have 2 defeats, 1 win and a draw. An average of a point a match is Kean's abysmal standard irrespective of the opposition !

Archived