BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Game Thread - Rochdale Away Pre Season

In all seriousness what's the deal with Bruno Ribeiro? I remember reading that he was awful in maybe his first reserve match but did he continue to play shocking? Not that I want him to play, but for the people who have seen him quite a bit, would they mind if he played a few times this season or came on as a sub?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness what's the deal with Bruno Ribeiro? I remember reading that he was awful in maybe his first reserve match but did he continue to play shocking? Not that I want him to play, but for the people who have seen him quite a bit, would they mind if he played a few times this season or came on as a sub?

He is going to play this season and the mis-treatment of him has been noted, he was not allowed to be a player at rovers and had a black cross against him when he came.

He is going to play this season and the mis-treatment of him has been noted, he was not allowed to be a player at rovers and had a black cross against him when he came.

Did he not divvy up some of his earnings to a mystery person in a Clitheroe pub?

• Backroom

Ive seen him three times against poor opposition but bizarelly he was always one of the best on the pitch he looked surprisingly adequate.

Then again against bad teams full back is a comfy position to play

Glen, assuming this information came from your recent meeting, it does nothing to dispel the notion that Singh is in the Rao's pocket. Bruno was obviously signed behind Kean's back and now he's promised first team football. Does that not imply Venky's control over team affairs? If so, are we any better off under Shebby?

I'm of the opinion that the standard of pre-season opposition has been deliberately down graded to get Kean off to a flier. He'd have certainly used the results positively in the media had we won them.

Looks like it's backfiring somewhat, what a bloody shame.

A dangerous and often misguided view.

If you can't find any structure or rythmn in matches like these, it aint looking good.

Kean pouring on the subs so that he can offer more bullsh1t 'these matches are all about fitness and it's difficult to find any rythmn with so many changes. However, we will be right for Ipswich'.

The Kean out chants merely confirm that with Kean at the helm, we will be disunited, dispirited and without hope.

Pouring on the subs to get the SQUAD fit for crying out loud!

I'm not one to get concerned by pre-season results. With match fitness levels of players from both teams being low, that evens up a match considerably and is why there are so many surprising results in pre-season. Even Man Utd have barely won a game so far in pre-season.

When Rochdale scored, we had already made six subs. Our best striker didn't play. We will more than likely have a new striker, midfielder and left back coming in for the new season. Plus, players such as Simon, pedersen and Orr - who I think will be key players next season - did not play due to injury.

Kean is clearly not the right man for the job - we saw that last season. However, when we have signed all of the players we want, players are back from injury, and we get our best players on the pitch, I think we'll have a pretty good team next season.

I wonder when reality will finally dawn for some.

We will have 'wait until the window closes', 'wait until our new players are bedded-in', 'league tables are not representative until after the first 10 games', 'we are still looking to strengthen the squad with loans', 'it's been a big rebuilding job and I expect us to come on strong in the 2nd half of the season'.

Come January, Christmas is over, it's too cold for the Portugese and we are rooted in the bottom half.

Division 1 here we come.

Nothing to do with dreams, I know for a bloody fact the purpose of pre season games! Do you even understand the concept of MATCH fitness?

Feckin right I do, just as Macclesfield, Stanley & Rochdale do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all due respect PV it would be a fool to think otherwise

I've been one of the biggest Venky's critics SG. Kean is crap and he's getting paid well to be so. Agnew can't believe his luck and even Anderson was riding the crest of the wave while he could. But for me the real villains of the piece were Venky's. However, i genuinely believe they have appoingted Singh because they trust him. Don't misinterpret that as me believing in his ability to do the job to a high standard. But i do believe he is here as a trusted venky's representative and act as somebody who carries more weight than that of Paul Hunt and somebody Venky's believe will have their best interests at heart. But if Bruno fecking Ribieiro has been given assurances he'll play first team football then we're no better off at all. Its the exact equivalent of Myles Anderson getting a contract. Both were signed for non footballing reasons and neither should warrant a first team place if they aren't up to the task. If Bruno is now getting such assurances then we're no better off at all.

I'm of the opinion that the standard of pre-season opposition has been deliberately down graded to get Kean off to a flier. He'd have certainly used the results positively in the media had we won them.

When will he succumb to the pressure and blame the fans for the poor results I bet he wants to.

I agree with ossydave on this. If we were concerned about the result, we wouldn't have made six subs, tried a few players out of position towards the end (ribiero was shifted to left back) and taken off nuno gomes at half time.

Desperately need another striker though. Goodwillie is a decent impact player but not a starter. Gomes and best are good but we need more than that.

I wonder when reality will finally dawn for some.

We will have 'wait until the window closes', 'wait until our new players are bedded-in', 'league tables are not representative until after the first 10 games', 'we are still looking to strengthen the squad with loans', 'it's been a big rebuilding job and I expect us to come on strong in the 2nd half of the season'.

Come January, Christmas is over, it's too cold for the Portugese and we are rooted in the bottom half.

Division 1 here we come.

Sadly i agree 100% ive always been optomistic with rovers too. Until the 3 month contract of Kean got extended. The rest was inevitable. Next season too. Look what happened under kidd. Wasted half a season there. History usually repeats itself and this kean is worse than kidd. Kidd is still in football. Who will employ this kean when he is finally sacked.... any takers? Thought not.

EVERY game and result will be scrutinised by the fans whoever the hell the opposition is after what that imposter has done to this club and its reputation....no quarter should be given.

I also agree that these games are about player fitness but surely they are also about team moral and confidence building BOTH on and off the pitch in this clubs situation....so far not so good.

Losing is a habit...... Fact.

After watching us tonight and seeing lack of idea, formation, tactics and the fact Rochdale looked more organised than us very worrying.

Considering pre season is a time to get fitness, tactics and give us an indication who are the ones to watch. We look very short.

Take a look around at how some other teams are getting on pre season though, its not like we are on our own. I think we did see some glimpses in the Fleetwood game, less so the Stanley one. I can't comment tonight as I'm not there.

I'm certainly not pro-Kean or a Rovers Fan, but things are just getting blown out of proportion constantly now.

It's not really the results as people say it's about fitness and trying formations on the pitch and for me thats the worrying thing. In these pre season games especially the one tonight and the one against accy there is an obvious lack of fitness in a lot of players, a major lack of desire in all except some newbies and no cohesion and no sign of organisation from the touchline yet again. Players just barely going through the motions. I know they don't want to get injured in tackles but you usually see a few individuals putting in the hard yards in terms of running.

Archived