BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Open Floor Meeting with Shebby Singh

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 20 months of hearing nothing but lies and general garbage from everybody connected to the club, it was unbelievable that Singh would be seen as 'the real deal' after a couple of meetings and a load of waffle.

Kean and Agnew are the ones with the power, and that is how it wil stay.

To be fair, the players have to take some responsibility here and not throw toys out the pram after a bit of criticism. They were related from the Premier League for a reason last year, changes are going to be made.

I don't see a withdrawal from Singh, just an apology for his bluntness.

That's how I see it. More an apology for hurting peoples feelings.

Kean is probably confused and is trying to establish exactly what an "apology" is.

To be fair, the players have to take some responsibility here and not throw toys out the pram after a bit of criticism. They were related from the Premier League for a reason last year, changes are going to be made.

Most people would say we were relegated because of the manager, not the players. Singh's "criticism" was uneducated, unwarrented and inappropriate for someone in his position and should certainly not have been made in a public forum.

Not you again!

Information taken from Kamys tweet this morning. As you can see, my post neither refers to it being fact or speculation.

Out of interest, what would you prefer it to be - fact or speculation?

I'm asking a question! You didn't produce proof did you? But several treated your post as fact because they wanted it to be true I suspect.

In fact get on his timeline, @shebbysingh, it's a footballing master class.

The guy is such a clown, it's almost laughable he's employed in football at all, let alone the role he has with our club.

Great piece of on the-spot reporting of an issue not directly concerned with his angle from that lad, we'll forgive him having the meeting on Friday night

Hope that fella has made himself a bob or two selling the story onto the English nationals

Thanks for finding that Teacup

On that basis we are likely to have a nightmare start to the season. Players hardly in right frame of mind.

On the bright side we might lose 3 in a row!

On that basis we are likely to have a nightmare start to the season. Players hardly in right frame of mind.

On the bright side we might lose 3 in a row!

Thing is he has done enough things wrong to be sacked about five or six times at least and nothing happens. Why does anyone think it will be different now?

Did he mention Dunn by name? Because if Pedersens legs have gone then dunn has to be gone for the same reason

One thing rarely mentioned about MGP is that he rarely misses matches through injury. Maybe Singh should divide his minutes on the pitch and compare that with Dunn before he comments on who is finished or not! Old glassback from Arrod will be roughed up big time this coming season by Championship midfielders. I'm expecting no more than an average 45 mins every 3 weeks or so from him. If MGP was a horse and should be put out to pasture then Dunny should be heading for the glue factory.

Question for Glen:

On Saturday Shebby was asked who had been appointed as John Newshams successor but he didn't know. He said he would find out and let you know on Monday - can you please remind him of this in your next conversation and share the information with us.

Thanks.

is it not keans body guard?

To be honest even if Kean does get potted who the feck is going to come and work under the looneys that currently own our club?

Didn't you see the vid? That lying, suck up, clueless scottish lad with the long hair is ready and waiting.

Demanding an answer eh? So answer mine from days ago.

How's things with your mate?

I guess you quickly edited this post when you realised that the link you referred to was posted 8 minutes before yours - plenty of time for you to read it.

At least this time you realised how stupid your post looked and edited it. Shame about the others.

My take on this, after being informed last night that an apology was to be issued, and reading the article countless times this morning. Shebby Singh HAS apologised for his comments which may have caused offence to Morten Gamst Pedersen, this was to prevent unrest in the camp, less than a week before the season starts following issues being raised among the squad. Lets remember too, that this is something many of our supporters were demanding for yesterday!!

In addition to this he has apologised to Steve Kean for any comments which may have gone too far and caused him any offence, this was not done by the instruction of the owners and Shebby has not been forced to apologise, the issue was causing rifts and he deemed it necessary to take this step to restore harmony in the camp.

He has not retracted any direct answers to the question regarding Steve Keans position as manager, not once has he apologised for saying he can sack Kean, or he will sack Kean, those answers have been left on the record, witnessed by hundreds in person and beamed out to thousands by Sky Sports.

He admitted in his apology that 'his blunt honesty, rubs people up the wrong way' he may have apologised but he is still saying he was being "honest" which is far from an admission that he didn't mean his comments.

The key thing to remember with Shebby Singh is, he has been a highly controversial football pundit for the last 15 years, he says what he thinks and if you don't like he then its tough. This attitude is completely wrong and impractical for a man running a football club and he needs to reign this in and stop causing controversy when appearing in public, he has no doubt been told this by others, and he has also been told it by our committee when we have met with him, its not good for him, or the club to court this kind of controversy and cause issues within the camp.

The key thing to remember though, is that the majority of us cringed when we heard his comments which were a tad ropey, many people threw their arms up in the air when they heard them, and he has now apologised to both involved for any personal offence caused, what he has not done is retracted anything which he said regarding his role and his power to carry out duties.

How does it play out next? only time will tell and the proof will be in the pudding, however Shebby Singh is the only person who, in 21 months has given us light at the end of a very dark tunnel by announcing what the supporters want him to announce, which is that he can and he will sack the manager, and it is something he has not been afraid to repeat on many occasions both privately and very publicly, without this hope, there is no hope.

Shebbys answers to the supporters questions have not changed.

I guess you quickly edited this post when you realised that the link you referred to was posted 8 minutes before yours - plenty of time for you to read it.

At least this time you realised how stupid your post looked and edited it. Shame about the others.

Not so, I took 8 minutes to post because I was on the I-Pad and kept stuffing it up!

I notice you're not telling us more about your mate. You were keen before!

Archived