BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Open Floor Meeting with Shebby Singh

The only bits i've heard are second hand, that Kean has been using his swiss connection to India to voice his displeasure over SS's comments.

Not surprising, he's always been fighting his corner since the start.

I think SS was brought in to cool down the trouble with the fans in order to give Steve an easier ride. See Shebby's comments over 'building a bridge with fans'. I think Kean will be reporting back to India that SS has gone too far.

Agnew/Shaw have been quiet recently too.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fingers crossed then !

I confidently predict that within 2 years you will be remembering MGP in a far different light.

As far as I am concerned MGP is a Norwegian international of long standing with a good level of talent, a damned good left foot and a remarkable talent for staying free from injury. I suspect reading between the lines that MGP's crime is not his ability but that he is simply being paid too much now that the owners are fully grasping the financial implications of their ineptitude and stubborness.

I rem MGP getting booed by the likes of you many times in second halves whilst David Dunn was hiding in the dressing room and sitting in a radox bath rubbing some aching sinew or other. Whilst MGP might not have the God given talent of a Tugay, a Bentley or a Jansen it's plain to me that good managers could get good performances out of him. Singh complained that Dunn and MGP together didn't work in midfield! No effin wonder is it when the other half of the equation couldn't run for a bloody bus and can't see 60 minutes out is it? I'm not even going to comment on the (Please don't use that word again)wit who selected them to play there in a stupid and archaic 4-4-2 formation cos it's pointless.

Certain people always need a scapegoat on the pitch and no doubt you would have been one of those who booed the likes of Carsley, Sherwood and Wilcox? Well I for one bloody well wish we had them all turning out for us now!

I confidently predict that within 2 years you will be remembering MGP in a far different light.

As far as I am concerned MGP is a Norwegian international of long standing with a good level of talent, a damned good left foot and a remarkable talent for staying free from injury. I suspect reading between the lines that MGP's crime is not his ability but that he is simply being paid too much.

I rem MGP getting booed by the likes of you many times in second halves whilst David Dunn was hiding in the dressing room and sitting in a radox bath rubbing some aching sinew or other. Whilst MGP might not have the God given talent of a Tugay, a Bentley or a Jansen it's plain to me that good managers could get good performances out of him. Singh complained that Dunn and MGP together didn't work in midfield! No effin wonder is it when the other half of the equation couldn't run for a bloody bus and can't see 60 minutes out is it? I'm not even going to comment on the (Please don't use that word again)wit who selected them to play there in a stupid and archaic 4-4-2 formation cos it's pointless.

Certain people always need a scapegoat on the pitch and no doubt you would have been one of those who booed the likes of Carsley, Sherwood and Wilcox? Well I for one bloody well wish we had them all turning out for us now!

Post of the month.

As far as I am concerned MGP is a Norwegian international of long standing with a good level of talent, a damned good left foot and a remarkable talent for staying free from injury. I suspect reading between the lines that MGP's crime is not his ability but that he is simply being paid too much now that the owners are fully grasping the financial implications of their ineptitude and stubborness.

I bet no one in a rovers shirt covered more ground than pederson last season. I don't think he is good enough anymore but one thing he can't be called for is effort

Sherwood IMO deserved to be booed. He admits he made a lot of mistakes whilst here and was a bad influence come the last year he was here

I bet no one in a rovers shirt covered more ground than pederson last season. I don't think he is good enough anymore but one thing he can't be called for is effort

Sherwood IMO deserved to be booed. He admits he made a lot of mistakes whilst here and was a bad influence come the last year he was here

Sherwood deserved to be booed AFTER he had gone and for the manner of his exit, but he was booed much longer than just during his last season here. There were lots of the trilby/tartan rug army who booed him from day 1 in the 1st Div (when admittedly he was not up to speed)..... personally I think it was mostly down to his hairstyle. :rolleyes: Once we were in the Prem he became the heartbeat and playmaker of the team. Tough in the tackle with eyes in the back of his head. A remarkeable midfield influence at a time when we were top drawer team. He is the best midfielder at switching play and finding colleagues with time and space that I have seen at BRFC ..... and that even includes Tugay.

• Backroom

Whilst IMO you're overestimating MGP's abilities, you're certainly right in saying Dunny is far more of a disappointment.

In fact, there are a lot of players who deserve condemnation before Pedersen. At the very least you can rely MGP to always be fit and available, which can't be said of the entire team and couldn't be said of certain players that left (Samba, I'm looking at you).

Why Shebby feels the need to publicly admonish Pedersen but none of the other slackers I don't know. Perhaps he sees Pedersen as an easy target.

Whilst IMO you're overestimating MGP's abilities, you're certainly right in saying Dunny is far more of a disappointment.

In fact, there are a lot of players who deserve condemnation before Pedersen. At the very least you can rely MGP to always be fit and available, which can't be said of the entire team and couldn't be said of certain players that left (Samba, I'm looking at you).

Why Shebby feels the need to publicly admonish Pedersen but none of the other slackers I don't know. Perhaps he sees Pedersen as an easy target.

Thats an interesting comment because I got the distinct impression last season that Pederson was anti Kean highlighted of course the day he bowled him over on the touchline without a second glance, it just seems that anybody who is remotely anti Kean is singled out for criticism or "removal".

I got the distinct impression last season that Pederson was anti Kean highlighted of course the day he bowled him over on the touchline without a second glance,

Apart from scoring against Burnley, that's by far the best thing he's ever done in a Rovers shirt. In a couple of seconds he fulfilled the wish of every Blackburn Rovers fan, apart from Braddock. It's the gift that keeps on giving, someone should show Shebby.

I couldn't disagree more Gordon. Like yourself I am a longstanding supporter and I struggle to think of a player over the last forty years who has taken the Club and it's fans for such a ride over such a prolonged period. You can excuse most things in a player apart from lack of effort and I'm afraid in my view that's what we get from Pedersen when he carelessly passes to the opposition time after time after time, allows opponents to run past him without challenge , plants the ball into row Z from free kicks and consistently demonstrates poor delivery at corners.

Singh's comments about MGP's footballing abilities are absolutely spot on and whilst were used to handling things with a bit more tact in this Country it's a shame really Singh was forced to apologise to MGP and Kean. About time some feathers were ruffled down there. Unfortunately the focus on MGP seems to have centred around Singh referring to him as "a pensioner" rather than his more accurate appraial of his footballing contribution. He's not particularly old. He is however ****.

BTW the comparison with Sherwood is imo an erroneous one, Sherwood fell out with the Club because Woy brought in crocks like Dahlin who weren't doing the business on considerably more money than him. If Sherwood had been at the Club over the last couple of years he'd have been amongst the first to suss out lead swingers like Pedersen imo.

• Backroom

How were his comments spot on? He said his legs were gone which is far from the truth, he has his problems but none of them were mentioned by Singh who seemed to demonstrate a lack of knowledge about the player

I couldn't disagree more Gordon. Like yourself I am a longstanding supporter and I struggle to think of a player over the last forty years who has taken the Club and it's fans for such a ride over such a prolonged period. You can excuse most things in a player apart from lack of effort and I'm afraid in my view that's what we get from Pedersen when he carelessly passes to the opposition time after time after time, allows opponents to run past him without challenge , plants the ball into row Z from free kicks and consistently demonstrates poor delivery at corners.

Exactly......"work-rate", "effort"....how does this apply to Pedersen?......he offers nothing in defence....our other players run past him to close people down ffs......pathetic attempts to win tackles are his forte....or is that hitting the first man while taking corners......he offers even less in attack......but it's alright as he obviously has an affinity with the club.....although you would really need to read his blog to find that out....as watching his performances on the pitch might make you come to the conclusion that he's a Burnley fan.

If MGP is as useless as many Rovers fans suggest, why have a succession of Rovers managers picked him in our first team, at the same time as International manager's have been selecting him for International duty?

Maybe Souness, Hughes, Allardyce and relevant International Manager's were still learning the dance and did not know quite as much as the knowledgeable posters on here about the abilities of this player.... :unsure:

If MGP is as useless as many Rovers fans suggest, why have a succession of Rovers managers picked him in our first team, at the same time as International manager's have been selecting him for International duty?

Maybe Souness, Hughes, Allardyce and relevant International Manager's were still learning the dance and did not know quite as much as the knowledgeable posters on here about the abilities of this player.... :unsure:

Correct..... and if his free kicks and corners were so bad, why did all those managers make him first choice? Answer, because he isn't as bad as his critics make out.

If he's that good, let's see who comes in for him then. I suspect he'll actually end up going nowhere without either another Club agreeing to match his exorbitant wages or him agreeing to take a sustantial pay cut.

Neither of which is particularly likely imo.

I'd like to see the stats on the average ground covered in game over the season and I bet pederson would be up there for the league and defo the highest at rovers.

What does that prove?

I'd have thought eleven League goals in four seasons was a far more relevant stat.

Correct..... and if his free kicks and corners were so bad, why did all those managers make him first choice? Answer, because he isn't as bad as his critics make out.

For me, at his stage of his career, he should be running games. He should be doing what we've bought Murphy to do.

Trouble with Pedersen is he doesn't seem to be able to hold his concentration all match, frequently going through periods of games giving every pass away, even five yard ones.

Not to mention the lack of effort we frequently see, failure to track back at vital times and totally wimping out of tackles.

No one ever mentions his sendings off, what use is a player who keeps getting sent off for being punched or head butted. :)

For me, at his stage of his career, he should be running games. He should be doing what we've bought Murphy to do.

Trouble with Pedersen is he doesn't seem to be able to hold his concentration all match, frequently going through periods of games giving every pass away, even five yard ones.

Not to mention the lack of effort we frequently see, failure to track back at vital times and totally wimping out of tackles.

No one ever mentions his sendings off, what use is a player who keeps getting sent off for being punched or head butted. :)

I didn't say he was that good Aggy, just not as bad as his detractors make out. He does still have a good left foot and he does still take a good free kick and he does take a corner, that when he gets it right is very difficult to defend against - whatever anyone else would have us believe. The other thing he gives us is balance. The other left sided midfielder we have [if I remember right] is Olssen, who has no decent left peg at all.

Having said that, yeah, he has games and times within games where he simply disappears. Would I keep him? Well, if we're gonna get back up to the PL, then we need a big squad and we need more experience than we have, so I would have kept him on.

On the other hand, we aint gonna get back up, so we might as well get rid and save some more cash for the owners. :)

Den, you should know better. The guy's a waste of a shirt, not to mention £ 40k a week. Why am I not surprised he's so rarely injured ? You need to get involved to get injured. We see how good he is if and when he leaves Rovers, not much of a queue at the moment for him is there ? The answer to your question is he takes them because he's the best of a bad bunch, that's why we'll be playing Ipswich Town this Saturday

Souness bought him and I don't remember much of him in this period....was quite lightweight at the start so i don't know how much he played, nothing really stands out......Hughes played him because he was one of the best wide players in the league at this point....not top 5 or anything but he was quality.

Allardyce knew he didn't have the pace to play on the wing and had seemingly lost his ability to make space for a cross so moved him to the centre.....I thought he played well that full season....can only work in CM as part of a 3 so he was good for us, keeping things tidy, maintaining possession, letting the creative midfielder do that job, same with the defensive midfielder, as he is neither.

Doesn't matter how well he plays for Norway, it's not us so it's irrelevant......he could have been Norway's best player but it won't necessarily make him play well for us, in a different system, with different players and a different manager and backroom staff.

Now though, which surely is a lot more relevant than 5/6/7 years ago, he is a passenger.....it's often like playing with 10 men.......Murphy can take very good set pieces, Formica, Rochina, Vukcevic or even Dunn could take them as well......having a player in the team just for his set pieces is only beneficial if he is head and shoulders above the rest, which he is not.......his free kicks from a wide position are good......his corners, of which we get more I imagine, are not......he used to take a good corner, now he doesn't.

Murphy can take very good set pieces, Formica, Rochina, Vukcevic or even Dunn could take them as well......having a player in the team just for his set pieces is only beneficial if he is head and shoulders above the rest, which he is not.......his free kicks from a wide position are good......his corners, of which we get more I imagine, are not......he used to take a good corner, now he doesn't.

Formica - Dunn - Vukcevic - Rochina - me, we can all take them. Not very well though.

Archived