BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Open Floor Meeting with Shebby Singh

is it not keans body guard?

That is what I wanted clarifying but Shebby said he didn't know. I heard from a third party that a lot of Stewards were told on Saturday that they won't be need next season.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that the case though Mark?

I thought Shebby changed his tune half way through and said he COULDN'T sack Kean?

(I wasn't there, just realying what I read on Ste B's Twitter)

No he said he doesn't have the power to remove Kean based on previous results, then followed it up when re-asked with the promise that he does have the power to remove him based on future results.

Anybody remember a programme that used to be on called dream team. That made more sense than what is happening at our club.

I'm also sick of reading the bickering that goes on in here. Nobody trusts anybody anymore. Each thread has bout 4 different arguments going on

Anybody remember a programme that used to be on called dream team. That made more sense than what is happening at our club.

I'm also sick of reading the bickering that goes on in here. Nobody trusts anybody anymore. Each thread has bout 4 different arguments going on

We need Linda Block to sort this out!

Den----- I take it you're referring to J.C of Rishton's comment? Wonder how long that will stay up?

I was simply putting the LT link up 47er.

My take on this is that Singh has simply apologised for his use of words. He hasn't retracted anything. Do I believe he can sack Kean without going back to the owners - no I don't. Do I think Kean will be sacked if we get off to a bad start - yes, I think Shebby will recommend that to the owners, who would likely go by his advice.

To me though, and I'm at odds here with people who think Singh is some kind of saviour, it would change very little. The club would still be in the hands of incompetents as has been shown vividly over the past 20 months and continues to be shown at every turn.

I was simply putting the LT link up 47er.

My take on this is that Singh has simply apologised for his use of words. He hasn't retracted anything. Do I believe he can sack Kean without going back to the owners - no I don't. Do I think Kean will be sacked if we get off to a bad start - yes, I think Shebby will recommend that to the owners, who would likely go by his advice.

To me though, and I'm at odds here with people who think Singh is some kind of saviour, it would change very little. The club would still be in the hands of incompetents as has been shown vividly over the past 20 months and continues to be shown at every turn.

Ok Den. Wish I could quote said JC of Rishton's comment but don't want to harm the site!

I agree Den. When I read the LT article it gave me a feeling that he apologized for his use of words which could've been insulting. He didnt apologize or retract anything regarding sacking Kean or talking negatively about Gamst.

I think passenger would have been a better word than pensioner.

Ok Den. Wish I could quote said JC of Rishton's comment but don't want to harm the site!

Sorry 47er but I haven't been following you posts this morning. Why can't you quote that post - and more to the point, what's your point?

I prefer Grey Panther to pensioner!

Sorry 47er but I haven't been following you posts this morning. Why can't you quote that post - and more to the point, what's your point?

The guy makes specific allegations re Kean and his relationship to the club and that's why

I can't quote it. My point is-------read it!

That comment I think your referring to was "Take Keans comments with a pinch of salt" J.C had interpreted it wrongly and stated that all comments at the meeting should be taken with a pinch of salt, Amazing how some folk would just take that misunderstood comment as gospel and then that becomes the catalyst for the next rumour or argument.

No word yet from our Director of footiball (sic) operations and cheif Kean apologist and protector Agnew? Would have thought after last weeks "transparency " and chattiness he would have been right on this . Perhaps his boss has put the muzzle on him again when he got back from Ireland.

I think you would be surprised. There will be a few managers out there who would jump at the chance to manage Rovers. At the end of the day a job is a job.

I don't know, who in their right mind would take millions of pounds for a high profile job with extended holidays where the previous man got chance after chance after chance after chance after chance to get things right?

That comment I think your referring to was "Take Keans comments with a pinch of salt" J.C had interpreted it wrongly and stated that all comments at the meeting should be taken with a pinch of salt, Amazing how some folk would just take that misunderstood comment as gospel and then that becomes the catalyst for the next rumour or argument.

I've since been told what the comment was - and I don't think that was the one. Not my discussion anyway.

Is that the case though Mark?

I thought Shebby changed his tune half way through and said he COULDN'T sack Kean?

(I wasn't there, just realying what I read on Ste B's Twitter)

I understood this to mean that he couldn't sack him BEFORE the season starts as the owners had already decided, before appointing Shebby, that Kean would start the season as manager. However, once the new season starts, Kean would be judged on results from then on. He said that he had the power to sack him and would do so if results were poor.

He did promise to sack Kean if he lost the first 3 league games but I took this to be just an example of what would be regarded as poor enough to bring about Kean's sacking. I got the impression that Kean would be regarded as failing if we were not challenging for automatic promotion.

Shebby obviously sees himself as a bit of a card, a character, who will say controversial things just to get himself noticed. I'm sure he sees himself leading Rovers into the PL and becoming something of a celebrity. He probably dreams of appearing on chat shows.

However, having said that, I think Shebby genuinely believes that he has been given the power to sack Kean if results are bad and would do so.

I do not know if he does have the power but I do know that I left that meeting with just the faintest hope that we may yet just see the back of Kean.

Archived