BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Open Floor Meeting with Shebby Singh

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I confidently predict that within 2 years you will be remembering MGP in a far different light.

As far as I am concerned MGP is a Norwegian international of long standing with a good level of talent, a damned good left foot and a remarkable talent for staying free from injury. I suspect reading between the lines that MGP's crime is not his ability but that he is simply being paid too much now that the owners are fully grasping the financial implications of their ineptitude and stubborness.

I rem MGP getting booed by the likes of you many times in second halves whilst David Dunn was hiding in the dressing room and sitting in a radox bath rubbing some aching sinew or other. Whilst MGP might not have the God given talent of a Tugay, a Bentley or a Jansen it's plain to me that good managers could get good performances out of him. Singh complained that Dunn and MGP together didn't work in midfield! No effin wonder is it when the other half of the equation couldn't run for a bloody bus and can't see 60 minutes out is it? I'm not even going to comment on the (Please don't use that word again)wit who selected them to play there in a stupid and archaic 4-4-2 formation cos it's pointless.

Certain people always need a scapegoat on the pitch and no doubt you would have been one of those who booed the likes of Carsley, Sherwood and Wilcox? Well I for one bloody well wish we had them all turning out for us now!

Brilliant post.

Podcast interview with Mark Fish (mark1875), secretary of the BRFCS Action Group, is now available as BRFCS Podcast 39 via the front page here, in which he discusses the background to the open floor meeting in brief. Many thanks to him for coming on - it was a pleasure to talk to him.

For some reason it stops at the 50th minute - when obvious podcast is not finished.

If he's that good, let's see who comes in for him then. I suspect he'll actually end up going nowhere without either another Club agreeing to match his exorbitant wages or him agreeing to take a sustantial pay cut.

Neither of which is particularly likely imo.

What does that prove?

I'd have thought eleven League goals in four seasons was a far more relevant stat.

Why quote me but miss out the part where I said he has not been good enough?

My point was shebby said his legs had gone. For me he never had the legs for speed but he can't be called for effort as he covers more ground than any other player!

This apology culture is getting ridiculous. I have received none from either MGP Kean or anyone else at the club who were involved in taking the team down last year and don't want one- I want action on and off the field to climb back into the Prem next year. I see minimal roles for previous occupants of central midfield berths.

THE PFA have issued a statement defending Morten Gamst Pedersen after comments made by Blackburn Rovers global advisor Shebby Singh on Saturday.

http://www.lancashir...dersen_comment/

Just our of interest who is the PFA rep at Rovers? Wondering because they didn't seem too concerned to issue a statement about the treatment of certain players last season at the hands of Kean. Agree Shebby's statement was out of order but treatment of some players last season was ridiculous

EDIT :Just found out it's David Dunn, and we know which camp he is in, explains my question.

THE PFA have issued a statement defending Morten Gamst Pedersen after comments made by Blackburn Rovers global advisor Shebby Singh on Saturday.

As one of the comments in there says, this looks like the hand of a certain agent at work to discredit Kean's antagonist.

Putting Singh in front of 500 fans with a mike when he was already giving interviews left right and centre isn't looking such a good idea now as it has given the real forces of darkness ammo when they were on the back foot.

Good to see the PFA on the ball, were they asleep during last season when Salgado and Roberts became missing. Are they worried about N'Zonzi being frozen out until he apologises. Do these organisations only make statements when they see something on SSN?

Good to see the PFA on the ball, were they asleep during last season when Salgado and Roberts became missing. Are they worried about N'Zonzi being frozen out until he apologises. Do these organisations only make statements when they see something on SSN?

Probably when some one has greased the gears

Putting Singh in front of 500 fans with a mike when he was already giving interviews left right and centre isn't looking such a good idea now as it has given the real forces of darkness ammo when they were on the back foot.

Not if he has the power he claims to have

Agreed. He's right on the spot now.

However, I expect Kean to win out.

But there again, why hasn't Singh stood by his comments and offer to resign? Another one happy to take the coin?

Kean is going to milk this so much, its very annoying.

I can already hear his excuse if we lose against Ipswich on Saturday......"the comments made my the global advisor haven't helped us in preparation"

Oh if only Shebster had kept his mouth shut on MGP and Kean.

The organisers of the open mike session had met Shebby several times and knew what he was like, ie total loose cannon. Man who shoots mouth off, shoots mouth off in public to detriment of the greater cause.

Power isn't a constant though. Kean's comms route to Mrs D will have blown the impact of Shebby's comments out of all proportion and maybe got her wondering how much she really can rely on our pundit friend. Before this, they had nothing to go on as he was playing a fairly good game.

I reckon it's turned out to be a disaster putting him in that kind of bear pit, and for what potential gain?

• Backroom

At least this will bring it all to a head one way or another, lose a couple of games in the first seven and we know the score then without any doubt remaining

We do really need to push this 'where's our apology steve'. Would be good if we could get a reports to ask a the next presser why he deserves an apology for someone holding him accountable whilst the fans do t get an apology for 18 months of s***.

Archived