BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window - Part 2

Kamy100

People on this board are idiots!!! How many of you have seen RHODES play??? He IS a target man a 6FT 3 Target man!1!

TARGET MAN

Striker (ST)

Coaches will often field one striker who plays on the shoulder of the last opposing defender and another attacking forward who plays somewhat deeper and assists in creating goals as well as scoring. The former is sometimes a large striker, typically known as a "target man", who is used either to distract opposing defenders to help team mates score, or to score himself; the latter is usually of quicker pace, and is required to have some abilities like finding holes in the opposing defence and, sometimes, dribbling. In other cases, strikers will operate on the wings of the field and work their way goalwards. Yet another variation is the replacement of the target man with a striker who can thread through-balls.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see why anyone reckons we need another striker. Gomes, Rhodes, Kazim, Rochina, Edinho with Best due back in a few months is a lot of strikers. All of them clearly have quality for this division with the exception of Edinho.

Areas in the team that look weak are central defence, left back and right wing. Also if this Rosodo guy is not up to scratch we a short a central midfielder.

All things considered it is a very good squad for the Championship - as it should be considering we must be paying three or four times the average wage at least in my estimation. There must be ten+ players on 30k+ (Pedersen, Dunn, Dann, Givet, Rhodes, Best, Kazim, Robinson, Gomes, Vukcevic, Murphy, Etthu). It cant be sustainable long term. If we don't get promoted I hope there is a financial Plan B. There probably isn't though if we are honest with ourselves....

Rhodes and Best are probably saleable. You would say Vukcevic should be floggable but he is clearly out of favour and not a single club has had a sniff all summer. The rest of the names mentioned just cannot be sold as they are just too old. We are betting the (chicken) farm on going up this season it looks like...

And it cost £2 million.

We've totally messed up and blown loads of money. Billy Sharp should have been our number one target from the off.

And it cost £2 million.

We've totally messed up and blown loads of money. Billy Sharp should have been our number one target from the off.

Precisely. And so true you had to say it twice.

Unbelievable transfer window for Rovers - obviously losing the Yak and Hoilett was a blow - but we are still arguably stronger than we were last season. Absolutely amazing that we have kept the majority of the squad together - especially as Kean claimed we would all along.

A lot obviously rides on Rhodes - fingers crossed he gets off to a flyer today against Leeds .

I wonder if we now have the biggest wage bill in Championship history - or whether West Ham still have that honour ? Promotion or bust - difficult one for the stay away fans ?

Stronger than last season?

From the squad that started last season we have lost (off the top of my head)

Samba

Nelson

Salgado

Emerton

Diouf

Roberts

Yakubu

Hoillett

Bunn

Nzonzi

How many of those have been replaced with better players?

Samba

Nelson

Salgado

Emerton

Diouf

Roberts

Yakubu

Hoillett

Bunn

Nzonzi

That's quite frightening, we miss Nelsen - real leader.

Plain to see that they are mainly the high earners too. I'd guess they were on approx:

Samba £60k+

Nelson £50k+

Salgado £45k

Emerton £45k

Diouf £40k

Roberts £40k

Yakubu £45k+

Hoillett £20k

Bunn £15k

Nzonzi £35k

Andrews £35k

Over a year that's around £22-23million!!!

That's quite frightening, we miss Nelsen - real leader.

Plain to see that they are mainly the high earners too. I'd guess they were on approx:

Samba £60k+

Nelson £50k+

Salgado £45k

Emerton £45k

Diouf £40k

Roberts £40k

Yakubu £45k+

Hoillett £20k

Bunn £15k

Nzonzi £35k

Andrews £35k

Over a year that's around £22-23million!!!

Pretty confident almost all of those guesses are wrong.

Pretty confident almost all of those guesses are wrong.

If they are wrong it'll be because they are too low :blink: . Diouf and Andrews wages confirmed in that leaked letter, Samba's and Salgado's wages were highly documented, N'Zonzi signed a 5 year deal off the back of becoming player of season so can't imagine he'd be on less than Andrews, Emerton signed many contract extesions so must be at least around that figure, Hoillet didn't sign long deal so I imagine he was on relatively low wages...so I'll kindly disagree.

We can add to that list Grella too!

If they are wrong it'll be because they are too low :blink: . Diouf and Andrews wages confirmed in that leaked letter, Samba's and Salgado's wages were highly documented, N'Zonzi signed a 5 year deal off the back of becoming player of season so can't imagine he'd be on less than Andrews, Emerton signed many contract extesions so must be at least around that figure, Hoillet didn't sign long deal so I imagine he was on relatively low wages...so I'll kindly disagree.

We can add to that list Grella too!

Apologies, I've given Andrews a payrise!!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08082011/58/premier-league-stars-wage-details-leaked.html

Forgot about Kalinic too.

You've given Diouf a payrise too. The article says 30k pw, you said 40k.

Salgado I pretty much believe (though I thought 40k). Samba I thought I heard 50k, but it might have been 60k. Can't see Emerton being at anywhere near 45k like you say. It was often reported that Diouf was one of our highest paid players. Nzonzi I will believe, though he had been a virtual unknown a season before, Yak I will believe, Nelsen absolutely no chance that high. 35k max. Ageing centre half, owners that had brains. Heard Roberts was on 30k.

You've given Diouf a payrise too. The article says 30k pw, you said 40k.

Salgado I pretty much believe (though I thought 40k). Samba I thought I heard 50k, but it might have been 60k. Can't see Emerton being at anywhere near 45k like you say. It was often reported that Diouf was one of our highest paid players. Nzonzi I will believe, though he had been a virtual unknown a season before, Yak I will believe, Nelsen absolutely no chance that high. 35k max. Ageing centre half, owners that had brains. Heard Roberts was on 30k.

That all makes sense but the way I see it Nelsen signed a new deal off the back of us turning down interest from Spurs back when he was sought after, he was also captain for a sustained spell so I reckon he would have been right up there. In terms of Emerton I reckon he would get a pay rise whenever he got a contract extension (a would Pedersen). I've also factored in what seems to be a standard £5k bonus that they get for simply turning up too. I don't think either of us will be a million miles off and regardless £30k or £40k for Roberts is astounding given his lack of ability. Philipl is probably best to comment on wages as he studies the accounts etc. and seems to have an insight in terms of some of the financial outgoings.

Samba

Nelson

Salgado

Emerton

Diouf

Roberts

Yakubu

Hoillett

Bunn

Nzonzi

Sorry - should have qualified - at the end of last season - though thought mentioning Yak and Hoilett leaving sort of inferred.

Looking through that list - IMO - it is centre half where we really haven't addressed players leaving.

Sorry - should have qualified - at the end of last season - though thought mentioning Yak and Hoilett leaving sort of inferred.

Looking through that list - IMO - it is centre half where we really haven't addressed players leaving.

So from that list, lost since the end of last season:

Bunn

Salgado

Yakubu

Hoillett

Nzonzi

Could also argue Samba, as he was sold outside of January window.

Agree with the sentiment, that defence hasn't been addressed, especially when you consider how awful defensively we were last season. Midfield, too early to tell, but possibly better (much more in numbers too), upfront I think worse, although at least funds given to replace Yak and Junior.

I'll never forget Bellamy looking extremely p***** off with FSP when he assisted him for his one and only Rovers goal against Tottenham. Was so random.

He looked average for us IMO, but went on to carve quite a decent career. Shame we have got so much dross in our squad clogging up the wage bill because he would be a decent signing.

Don't be so sure, I reckon about half of the fans that have bailed out won't return to the club on a regular basis. Most fully intend to return but once you've found other things to do at the weekend the habit is easily broken, especially if you have a wife and kids. It'll take a Jack Walker type revolution to get our gates back over the 18k to 20k mark.

Well I can only speak for myself (as can you) but I simply can't wait to get back, and right now all it would take is for them to sack Kean and I'd be back for the next match like a shot. I have tried watching other teams locally, and last Saturday it was the Fife equivalent of Rovers v Burnley (Dunfermline v Raith Rovers) and whilst it was quite a good match and plenty of action and effort from both sides, it simply did not and could not live up to watching MY Rovers. Nothing ever will.......I desperately want to come back, but I will not change my mind no matter what the pain until Kean is gone. Endof!!

Oh and one other thing that needs to be understood.This is not just my missing out on this season so far. My boycott started from the final whistle of Rovers v Everton last season (August 2011) and I have now had over a year of "finding other things to do".........But the awful ache and longing to be back is still there, and if anything getting stronger with every match the Rovers plays.

Well I can only speak for myself (as can you) but I simply can't wait to get back, and right now all it would take is for them to sack Kean and I'd be back for the next match like a shot. I have tried watching other teams locally, and last Saturday it was the Fife equivalent of Rovers v Burnley (Dunfermline v Raith Rovers) and whilst it was quite a good match and plenty of action and effort from both sides, it simply did not and could not live up to watching MY Rovers. Nothing ever will.......I desperately want to come back, but I will not change my mind no matter what the pain until Kean is gone. Endof!!

Oh and one other thing that needs to be understood.This is not just my missing out on this season so far. My boycott started from the final whistle of Rovers v Everton last season (August 2011) and I have now had over a year of "finding other things to do".........But the awful ache and longing to be back is still there, and if anything getting stronger with every match the Rovers plays.

The train journey isn't the same without you either............

Unbelievable transfer window for Rovers - obviously losing the Yak and Hoilett was a blow - but we are still arguably stronger than we were last season. Absolutely amazing that we have kept the majority of the squad together - especially as Kean claimed we would all along.

A lot obviously rides on Rhodes - fingers crossed he gets off to a flyer today against Leeds .

I wonder if we now have the biggest wage bill in Championship history - or whether West Ham still have that honour ? Promotion or bust - difficult one for the stay away fans ?

Not a chance-we are still being run by a tosser,when that changes then i'll come back.

Have we really saved much off the wage bill though.. been scanning through the last few seasons..

Got to say the shear numbers of players transfered in and out or dumped since Kean too charge is bordering on the joke level now.... underlined this summers transfers.

In

Rhodes 8m --> To early to tell but not used right in his first game

Dann 6m --> cert not looking like a 6m player

Formica 3.5m --> never used correctly looking like a loss

Best 3.5m --> to early to tell, seems like a decent buy

Goodwillie 3m --> looking like a loss

Petrovic 2m --> 2m plus wages loss

Etuhu 1.7m --> Looking easily our best buy

Simon 2m --> Never used 2m loss plus wages

Orr 1.5m

Yak 1.5m --> Good buy awful contract clause

Slew 1.1m --> Starting to look like a loss

Rochina 1.5m inc fees --> Still undecided

J Jones 0.5m loan fee --> No fee agreed in advance, painful experience but did good

Myles Free --> Complete waste of wages

Olsson Free --> Not bad for a free, but not exactly a star

Nunes Free

Murphy free --> not looking great so far, and team not setup to take advantage of his skills

Rosado free

Henrique free

Edinho Free --> Looks awful so far

Gomes Free --> Looks a good un, even if on big wages and not fit

Sandomeirski Loan

Bruno Free --> Looking like a decent freebie now

Modeste loan --> Awful loan move

Out

P Jones 17m --> We replaced him with Dann....

Samba 12m --> Never replaced

Kalinic 5m --> Done farly well since leaving, but we got good money

Nzonzi 3.8m --> May come back to haunt us.. but atm Etuhu looks better

Jnr Hoilett Tribunal --> Painful loss

Yakuba 1.3m --> Painful loss

Bunn 1.1m --> Looked a good keeper in the making

Roberts 500k

Fielding 300k --> Done well since leaving

Marrow 0.2m

Goulon Free

Benjani Free

Andrews Free

Salgado Free --> Treated awfully

Zurub Free

El Hadji Paid off

Emerton Paid off --> Still bugs me

Brown Free

Grella Free

Blackman Free

Benjani Free

Reid Free --> Now a PL regular and injury issues seem behind him

Basturk Free

Chimbonda Free

Judge Free

Lars Jacobsen free

Rigters Free

Doran free

Nelsen free

Santa Cruz Loan end

Mame Diouf Loan end

J Jones Loan end

Modeste Loan end

Goodwillie Loaned out

Slew Loaned out

O'Connor Loaned out

To me I reckon our wage bill has gone up this summer, but overall gone down a large chunk since Venkys walked through the door. However our transfer dealings really do look shaky at best.

Archived