BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window - Part 2

Kamy100

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon is saying that Goodwillie and N'Zonzi out means a couple of loans are on the cards. He won't give anything away as report is in the Sunday People.

Any ideas anyone?

My mistake. One loan but a choice between two players.

Unbelievable transfer window for Rovers - obviously losing the Yak and Hoilett was a blow - but we are still arguably stronger than we were last season. Absolutely amazing that we have kept the majority of the squad together - especially as Kean claimed we would all along.

A lot obviously rides on Rhodes - fingers crossed he gets off to a flyer today against Leeds .

I wonder if we now have the biggest wage bill in Championship history - or whether West Ham still have that honour ? Promotion or bust - difficult one for the stay away fans ?

How OJ?

CKR

Gomes

Rochina

Rhodes

Edinho

Non of those above are what you would call a target man who could hold the ball and lay it off to the midfield/rhodes. Not ideal partners. Gomes can play as an impact player not a full match and possibly has the skill to lay it off but isn't a natural target man, Edinhio too light weight/not up to it. Rochina talented but lacks composure/anticipation. i'd say i agree. Best will come back and hopefully remain fit and do that role in the second 1/2 of the season. thats why i am disappointed to see Goodwillie go i'd have said he could have done that role. Definitely a striker short i agree with OJt!!

People on this board are idiots!!! How many of you have seen RHODES play??? He IS a target man a 6FT 3 Target man!1!

6ft 2 - but I understand where you are coming from. I think many on this MB - including myself - are basing this on what Huddersfield fans are saying - that he operates best with a target man alongside him. Though, I think, he was the lone striker when he started for Scotland the other week.

Dont get the fuss about Goodwillie. With a fully fit squad he'd be behind Rhodes, Best, CKR and arguably Rochina for a starting place.

To give credit where its due, this window has gone far better then I expected. I'm concerned regarding the Rhodes transfer fee but other then that I'm very satisfied with the squad we've got. All it takes is for Kean to depart and I reckon the fans would come flooding back and the whole atmosphere around the club would improve. Get a decent manager at the helm and there's a reasonable chance we could get promotion.

People on this board are idiots!!! How many of you have seen RHODES play??? He IS a target man a 6FT 3 Target man!1!

Target men don't score 40 goals.

Agree with Mullionvagrant.

Edinho - not upto scratch - shouldn't be anywhere near first team

Rochina could be the answer up front - but Kean never plays him there

Nunes is good for cameo sub appearances

CKR was brought in as right winger and IMO we despertely need him out there as no one else has any pace on the right.

We either need a big lad, or a striker with pace to pull defenders around. The Diouf lad we had on loan from United would have been ideal in this division.

Forest with Sharp and Cox, looks like a good partnership and one that we could have easily got.

And it cost £2 million.

We've totally messed up and blown loads of money. Billy Sharp should have been our number one target from the off.

Forest with Sharp and Cox, looks like a good partnership and one that we could have easily got.

And it cost £2 million.

We've totally messed up and blown loads of money. Billy Sharp should have been our number one target from the off.

6ft 2 - but I understand where you are coming from. I think many on this MB - including myself - are basing this on what Huddersfield fans are saying - that he operates best with a target man alongside him. Though, I think, he was the lone striker when he started for Scotland the other week.

AGREED! People are taking their opinons from Huddersfield fans.

One thing Rhodes is good at is scoring Headers, a lot of headers!

Only thing I worry about is do we have the players to supply the right balls for him to score because a lot of his goals have been headers or typical poachers goals.

As soon as Kean goes, they'll be back.

Don't be so sure, I reckon about half of the fans that have bailed out won't return to the club on a regular basis. Most fully intend to return but once you've found other things to do at the weekend the habit is easily broken, especially if you have a wife and kids. It'll take a Jack Walker type revolution to get our gates back over the 18k to 20k mark.

Best transfer windows for many years. Get rid of kean and we'll walk this league.

This summer we were linked with good players and signed them. Last summer we were linked with good players but signed dross. Some things at the club are definitely improving but still work to be done.

Best transfer windows for many years. Get rid of kean and we'll walk this league.

This summer we were linked with good players and signed them. Last summer we were linked with good players but signed dross. Some things at the club are definitely improving but still work to be done.

Agree with this, if Kean goes we have a great chance with this squad.

Archived