BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 players transfer listed

chaddyrovers

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we assume that Pedersen and Petrovic do go along with Martin Olssen that would leave the squad looking frighteningly threadbare for a 46 game season. Maybe we are going to play the two new strikers we have been promised in midfield.

The madness continues.

If we assume that Pedersen and Petrovic do go along with Martin Olssen that would leave the squad looking frighteningly threadbare for a 46 game season. Maybe we are going to play the two new strikers we have been promised in midfield.

The madness continues.

And we keep Anderson??? :angry:

Let's not forget Pederson has been pretty crap for quite a while now, if you ignore the nostalgia around him.

I think Petrovic would of been decent after a run in the team...

Blackman, Lingazi and Slew were probably always available but now they've just made it official.

Let's not forget Pederson has been pretty crap for quite a while now, if you ignore the nostalgia around him.

I think Petrovic would of been decent after a run in the team...

Blackman, Lingazi and Slew were probably always available but now they've just made it official.

With Pedersen and Petrovic it is about the timing of this announcement not their abilities (or lack of). They will need replacing and the season is getting ever closer.

I wonder if Pedersen is more about his salary - personally I think he would have been an excellent player for us in the Championship. He covers midfield, left wing - and at a push left back - personally I think he will be like Emerton, in as far as we only realise his impact on the team when he is no longer at the club.

The only one I think we'd miss is Petrovic as we're woefully short of central midfielders. If Pedersen is on £50k a week as rumoured then getting rid of him for a fee would be fantastic and free a huge chunk of wage budget up - let's be honest, we've not been getting anything like that value in terms of contribution from him in years. All the better if it helps us fund someone like Rhodes but can't help thinking Kean and his cronies have got another 5 Portuguese players no one's heard of lined up!

I would keep pedersen, think he will be useful next season. I imagine his wages are quite high and they don't see him as an automatic starter hence why they want to get rid.

Petrovic shows a few nice touches in games but never really stamps his authority on a match. Easily replaceable.

The other 3 are not even worth mentioning. I suspect you can add goodwillie to that list as well.

The midfield does need a revamp but that will leave us a little short in centre mid. With N'Zonzi, Petrovic and Pedersen all likely to leave, we are left with Murphy, Dunn, Lowe and Jorge in centre mid. Definitely need another 'starter' in there alongside Murphy.

Think mgp is like 1 pl game or something away from beating friedels most pl apps for rovers. Shame he may never get a chance to beat it.

I'm very curious about what he will do now. I know he enjoys living in the uk and playing for rovers, and maybe he would want to stay and fight for a starting position. On the other side he would want to play for our national team, and you don't get any games if ure sitting on a bench for a cship club.

An even more interesting thing. Kean has alway spoken highly of gamst and I remember him saying he would be 1 of our key players In a interview a year ago. Is this another sign that shebby is in charge, who we know does not like mgp very much?

Clubs usually release players at the end of the season, not two weeks away from the beginning of the season. Shebby's input?

The squad as it stands now, is possibly the worst we've seen down at Ewood for how many years? 25, 30, 40?

I really wanted rid of Pedersen after last season, but my opinion has swayed... His experience would count for a lot in the Championship, and I also think he'd be an important part in keeping our rag tag group of players together. I also don't see the point in selling either Slew or Petrovic, both could quite easily be loaned out to find their feet and/or increase their value. Financial trouble on the horizon?

Forty years? come on, the 1970-71 relegation side - Fred Goodwin, Bryan Conlon, Terry Eccles and co - was in a class of its own as the worst Rovers side I've ever seen.

I reckon 7 of the side drank more than I did in my twenties

Just asking the question Meadows. If not 40, how many?

its fine getting rid of all that lot. they wont be missed in fairness.

putting murphy into the equation now, it pretty much means pedersen wont be neccessary. murphy can take corners, free kicks....thats all pederson was useful for and he wasnt even that great at that the last few seasons.

I’m not surprised about Petrovic, he didn't look great last season during his limited appearances and the coach clearly doesn't rate him so far this pre-season. Slew was a gamble for a small fee that didn't pay off, no problems with him going. Linganzi and Blackman were always going to be fringe players at best.

The Pedersen one interests me the most and I'm happy to see him on the transfer list, more so if he actually goes. Nostalgia aside we should have offloaded him years ago, but he was kept on because of the heights he hit during his first few seasons and the club foolishly ignoring the clear evidence he wasn't ever going to repeat that.

Whether this is a sound move or not depends on whether we can offload the players and if we can who comes in to replace them. If we can sell all or most of them and then bring in two decent/solid Central Midfielders then I would view it as good business.

Archived