BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can't be a coincidence that jones, samba, olsson, nzonzi, givet all kicked off with him. It was almost like he was going out of his way to wind up our best players.

Surely such a self serving scrotum would realise that it wasn't in his best interests to isolate our best players, unless.....

It can't be a coincidence that jones, samba, olsson, nzonzi, givet all kicked off with him. It was almost like he was going out of his way to wind up our best players.

Surely such a self serving scrotum would realise that it wasn't in his best interests to isolate our best players, unless.....

Maybe Philil would like to finish that sentence for you!

Maybe Philil would like to finish that sentence for you!

The only problem with this theory is that surely Venkys have now been made aware of what's happening now and if they really weren't part of it then why haven't they sacked him already

The debate just goes round and round in circles.

With the level of incompetence on display at Ewood people inevitably are attracted to the idea of a conspiracy. However, as with 9/11 conspiracies, the truth is just depressing rather than sensational. There are people in power who have displayed such a staggering amount of incompetance that it beggars belief.

That Kean is a slimy turd who is inept at all aspects of football management is not news!

The truth is that the most likely situation is what was sussed out months ago - the squabling siblings scenario. Balaji and Venkatash (although buffoons) can at least read a football table and thus realised Kean needed to go last season. Mrs D (and presumably Mr D - if he is capabale of independent thought) want to be rid of the club, but as one (or two) of the brothers won't sell they are getting their own back by refusing to sanction the sacking of Steve Kean (who's wife she quite likes anyway). The brothers appoint Shebby (who again is at least familiar with the concept of a manager needing to win football games), but it makes no difference what he thinks. Whilst our four owners are divided on whether they even want to own a football club Kean's results (and pocket lining shenanigans) are irrelevant - our continued failure pushes Mrs D closer to her objective of being rid of what she has quickly realised was just another daft Balaji vanity project.

Maybe I have missed something and Shebby actually has her ear and can persuade her to stop cutting off her nose to spite her face. Or more likely she will get her way and the brothers will only give up on their daft notion of owning a football club once Kean has finished working his magic and we have gates in the 100s and are playing non-league football (not said in jest).

So to conclude -

Criminal conspiracy theories = never the most likely explanation.

Naive and warring owners - two who want rid and two who don't = we knew this ages ago, why are we suddenly forgetting it? Have I missed something?

Kean is a truely horrible little man who has exploited the above situation and also destroyed the infastructure and team of a once magnificent Premier League stalwart and may be involved in lining his own pockets= again this is not news.

Debate not necessary. Kean out, kean out, kean out, kean out, kean out.......................................................................................................................................

So your saying he had a cut in players transfer fee when leaving the club.

Ian Holloway had such an arrangement at Blackpool with Charlie Adams as widely reported in the media.

If you have a 'business plan' based on making lots of money by buying low and selling on at a profit then it would seem logical that the person who could allegedly do this would be given some kind of 'share' of the profits as an incentive.

There is nothing wrong with this unless that person deliberately fixes the market to maximise their 'bonus' at a detriment to the business as a whole.

So to conclude -

Niave and warring owners - two who want rid and two who don't = we knew this ages ago, why are we suddenly forgetting it? Have I missed something?

Kean is a truely horrible little man who has exploited the above situation and also destroyed the infastructure and team of a once magnificent Premier League stalwart and may be involved in lining his own pockets= again this is not news.

Debate not necessary. Kean out, kean out, kean out, kean out, kean out.......................................................................................................................................

Hanlon's razor......

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

So your saying he had a cut in players transfer fee when leaving the club.

Any player movement in or out usually involves a transfer fee and an agents fee and certainly involves a lucrative contract for the player's agents. Rem Givet had a strop cos he thought we would stump up HIS agents fee...btw dunno how that ended but I'd not be suprised to find out that we had caved in. Player ins and outs provide plenty of opportunities to skim money away. Look no further than potting EHD of a flimsy excuse and replace him on the wage bill with a couple of unknown Johnny Foreigners whose agents are only too happy to get them to a Premier League club with Premier League wages. I'd be amazed if certain people who spent night and day at Brockhall weren't 'cut a slice' as part of the deal. Repeat ad infinitum throughout the squad and there is serious money to be made.

Might be changing now but I seem to think that Swiss banks don't ask too many questions re: deposits do they?

The debate just goes round and round in circles.

With the level of incompetence on display at Ewood people inevitably are attracted to the idea of a conspiracy. However, as with 9/11 conspiracies, the truth is just depressing rather than sensational. There are people in power who have displayed such a staggering amount of incompetance that it beggars belief.

That Kean is a slimy turd who is inept at all aspects of football management is not news!

The truth is that the most likely situation is what was sussed out months ago - the squabling siblings scenario. Balaji and Venkatash (although buffoons) can at least read a football table and thus realised Kean needed to go last season. Mrs D (and presumably Mr D - if he is capabale of independent thought) want to be rid of the club, but as one (or two) of the brothers won't sell they are getting their own back by refusing to sanction the sacking of Steve Kean (who's wife she quite likes anyway). The brothers appoint Shebby (who again is at least familiar with the concept of a manager needing to win football games), but it makes no difference what he thinks. Whilst our four owners are divided on whether they even want to own a football club Kean's results (and pocket lining shenanigans) are irrelevant - our continued failure pushes Mrs D closer to her objective of being rid of what she has quickly realised was just another daft Balaji vanity project.

Maybe I have missed something and Shebby actually has her ear and can persuade her to stop cutting off her nose to spite her face. Or more likely she will get her way and the brothers will only give up on their daft notion of owning a football club once Kean has finished working his magic and we have gates in the 100s and are playing non-league football (not said in jest).

So to conclude -

Naive and warring owners - two who want rid and two who don't = we knew this ages ago, why are we suddenly forgetting it? Have I missed something?

Sums it up perfectly for me.

you mean like villas in Portugal (yes villas in the plural)

My mates and I discussed this a few weeks ago. A rather obvious bung now that they can't give them away over there.

btw I wouldn't mind betting that a previous manager 'happened along' a few properties in Glasgow courtesy of a few strangely suspect deals with a certain club in Glasgow.

Ian Holloway had such an arrangement at Blackpool with Charlie Adams as widely reported in the media.

If you have a 'business plan' based on making lots of money by buying low and selling on at a profit then it would seem logical that the person who could allegedly do this would be given some kind of 'share' of the profits as an incentive.

There is nothing wrong with this unless that person deliberately fixes the market to maximise their 'bonus' at a detriment to the business as a whole.

That was a deal which said on here at the time I would have offered Mark Hughes. His astute eye for a player made circa 40m for BRFC. JW and DB would have had to monitor it carefully of course as player sales would have to be subject to criteria which would not have been allowed to damage the club. I saw it as the only way to keep the Goose that was laying Golden eggs on a regular basis.... and doing a damned fine job of managing the club to boot. Still it's all water under the bridge now unfortunately.

I rem PhilipL scoffed at the time.

That was a deal which said on here at the time I would have offered Mark Hughes. His astute eye for a player made circa 40m for BRFC. JW and DB would have had to monitor it carefully of course as player sales would have to be subject to criteria which would not have been allowed to damage the club. I saw it as the only way to keep the Goose that was laying Golden eggs on a regular basis.... and doing a damned fine job of managing the club to boot. Still it's all water under the bridge now unfortunately.

I see your point but it's dodgy ground IMO and I wouldn't let Hughes anywhere near a deal like that these days. Was a great manager for us but is now a greedy illegitimate who looks to be running QPR into the ground signing players with the opposite profile to what he did here. They are at close to 200% wages/income ratio. Back to your point, Harry had something similar at Pompey and look what happened to them...

My mates and I discussed this a few weeks ago. A rather obvious bung now that they can't give them away over there.

btw I wouldn't mind betting that a previous manager 'happened along' a few properties in Glasgow courtesy of a few strangely suspect deals with a certain club in Glasgow.

In the real world nobody cares if the club is doing well

So the current theory is that Kean allegedly gets a cut of player sales and so allegedly creates situations where a player sale becomes necessary, such as allegedly artificially manufacturing quarrels, etc, to the detriment of the club and our on pitch performance?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but surely our owners, as alleged competent businessmen, would be alert for such deciet? Or is this the basis for labeling the owners alleged "planks"?

Perhaps this is the real reason Shebby is now at Ewood? Perhaps the owners now realize Kean's alleged antics (contrived disputes leading to sales) last season may have but the odd few million in their pockets but eventually resulted in the loss of 40 million? Shebby is now the alleged watchdog.

Which demonstrates our owners are idiots as if the alleged bad behavior is true they should have sacked Kean forthwith, never mind appointing a watch dog. And coupled with woeful league performance, which required no ill intent to justify sacking Kean, why the haven't acted is mystifying.

I think I used the word alleged frequently enough to establish I'm not vouching for the truth or accuracy of the above, merely outling a potential theory.

So Philip1, is that the theory you were alluding to?

And true or false, Kean Out!

Again, if Kean was doing that, why not just sack him?

He got a new contract and kept his job on relegation.

This the only part of the theory that doesn't add up, but then again SK has always had one consistent supporter within the Venky camp. The same supporter that by all accounts does not tolerate any sort of insubordination.

Maybe there has always been an awareness of SKs role play from within the Venky camp?

Could it be that big D signed this behaviour off without her brothers knowledge? Hence the direct line of contact and continued staunch support .

Again, if Kean was doing that, why not just sack him?

He got a new contract and kept his job on relegation.

How would you go about proving it? Not only that but all dealings will no doubt be under the control of the Fat Controller and he doesn't work for us.

Anyway who mentioned Kean?

Not related to transfers.

Then tell us what it is about then. If it only borders on illegal activity then should be no come back. Even if you wrote, I have heard, but not saying it is true etc etc.

This is what Philipl enjoys doing. He finds/makes up half a story, pretends to be in the know then sits back and lets us try to make sense of it. I used to like Philipl but he is now becoming more and more annoying.

If you can't tell a proper story please keep your gob shut!

So where are we now?

Not new in football I'm afraid. Just like Hicks and Gillette we have owners who disagree on what to do next. To make this situation workable it seems people may have been specific given tasks. It appears that:

Mrs. D. sets the business strategy probably with advisers help. This is the most important job

The PNE boys keep the FA etc. off the clubs back - not sure what else.

Shebby and Bilaji sell players, especially if they are OAP's - except Murphy and Etuhu????

This suggests the strategy changes all the time - a bad sign.

Steve advises and buys players through his network of 'contacts'. He also falls out with players and sidelines them - proof of absolute power. Bilaji advises and helps by keeping up to date on facebook.

Who picks the squad is anyone's guess but as MGP is still in it probably Steve. Bilaji might help a bit.

Rovers stand on their own feet now and have a lower wage bill, but the squad is poorer and has lived on luck this season.

Venky's have spent nothing on transfers that hasn't been previously recouped by sales.

We still need a box to box midfielder, a very good centre half, and a good mobile striker.

And a manager - but if the current disorganised structure continues that won't make any difference.

But I could be wrong.

So there you have it. No aliens or gangsters, a few opportunists here and there maybe but that's football. What they have completely underestimated is the reaction and organised approach of the fans. I do know the ST sales and empty stadium has really caused them some serious concern.

Arghhhh!!!! I try to avoid talking about football these days when I am out otherwise I end up like this evening where some Nobend fan was trying to tell me how Steve Kean is a good thing for Rovers (buying and blooding young players), he will get them promoted (no idea about us being abysmal in the 3 games, then told me how sh1t our squad was for the premierlieague last season), how big Sam had achieved way above what we should expect (despite a decade in the Prem with no trouble), and that the Championship is a strong league this year (I think it's the weakest in a long while) and that he's being made a scapegoat for Rovers fans who have delusions of grandeur.

Though he seemed to not quite get it when I said would he like to see his side win 13 games in a milliion

Even telling them to **** off doesn't seem to work after a few pints are inside them :angry2:

Archived