BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

If Kean gets sacked quickly, quite a large proportion of the missing thousands would be back but the damage to some of the corporate sales will have already been done for this season.

If Venky's handle Kean's sacking cleverly they could even neutralise the feelings of those who are staying away because of them.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Kean gets sacked quickly, quite a large proportion of the missing thousands would be back but the damage to some of the corporate sales will have already been done for this season.

If Venky's handle Kean's sacking cleverly they could even neutralise the feelings of those who are staying away because of them.

Sorry philipl, but I find that post a bit unclear, could you please clarify?

;):D

Can't see coco sacking himself any time soon ^_^

Interesting that the 'owners' (brothers) have attended the first 2 league games and don't think there has been any mutterings of Venkys out at both of the matches. There has been the odd Kean out chant.

The sideshow of Shebby having the desired effect maybe?

So there you have it. No aliens or gangsters, a few opportunists here and there maybe but that's football. What they have completely underestimated is the reaction and organised approach of the fans. I do know the ST sales and empty stadium has really caused them some serious concern.

People should read and inwardly digest that statement. People who have not renewed have been criticised and held up as not committed and true BRFC supporters but if the Prof is correct then the reverse actually applies. Nothing else the supporters have done has affected them one bit but the board and management simply cannot bluff their way out of a 2/3rds empty stadium no matter what they do. Imagine if it was 3/3rds empty and they were left to publically stew in their own juices. Such negative PR would go down a treat in Pune social circles I'm sure. They won't like losing face.

btw my mate reckons one of the strangest effects is the absence of any advertising on the shirts or around the stadium etc.

People should read and inwardly digest that statement. People who have not renewed have been criticised and held up as not committed and true BRFC supporters but if the Prof is correct then the reverse actually applies. Nothing else the supporters have done has affected them one bit but the board and management simply cannot bluff their way out of a 2/3rds empty stadium no matter what they do. Imagine if it was 3/3rds empty and they were left to publically stew in their own juices.

btw my mate reckons one of the strangest effects is the absence of any advertising on the shirts or around the stadium etc.

If it gets any worse I can't see how they can justify keeping Kean on.

'Sacking' and 'cleverly' are two words that have never crossed Venky's mind since they took over nearly 2 years ago.

They've sacked almost everybody but Billy Liar and the window cleaner since they trapped up.

And here and here alone lies the million dollar question, WHY? And more importantly on whose say so?

If anyone gets a spare couple of days (will take more than a couple of days but still worth having a go) for research study the the time line of events

http://roverstruth.c...s/archives/1357

Also in addition get every interview done for the camera's by the cast, and instead of looking for delusional statements study them hard, and use the time line for a guideline.

Start at the beginning and look at interviews around the key points, both in written and tv format

And here and here alone lies the million dollar question, WHY? And more importantly on whose say so?

If anyone gets a spare couple of days (will take more than a couple of days but still worth having a go) for research study the the time line of events

Also in addition get every interview done for the camera's by the cast, and instead of looking for delusional statements study them hard, and use the time line for a guideline.

Start at the beginning and look at interviews around the key points, both in written and tv format

Problem is Glen by doing that various "theories " emerge. What needs putting into the public domain is the information if rumoured to exist , like who attended or met the owners and in what order prior to the take over talks, for instance would it be normal practice for a contractor of a company lets say for arguments sake the guy who is contracted to do the company newsletter or the employee that puts the cones out on the car park to attend a meeting with the possible new owners of the company before the management team have met them? Surely if information like this is available it would be no risk putting it into the public domain as I am sure there is a rational explanation for it and in this new age of "transparency" according to our New Director of Operations it would clear the air..

I'm assuming that the 'Bleeds Blue 'N White' blog that this originates from is run by "Tombo" since he seems to control the associated twitter account.

Having just looked at a section of the timeline, aside from the parts where he seems to have used language expressing personal opinions on certain events (which I would say is inappropriate in something supposed to be purely factual) I don't think that Nick Harris (the journalist who wrote the article) would be all that happy in being referred to as the agent who received £1.65m from the Rochina transfer - perhaps not all that important in the scheme of things but someone might want to change it.

I'm assuming that the 'Bleeds Blue 'N White' blog that this originates from is run by "Tombo" since he seems to control the associated twitter account.

Having just looked at a section of the timeline, aside from the parts where he seems to have used language expressing personal opinions on certain events (which I would say is inappropriate in something supposed to be purely factual) I don't think that Nick Harris (the journalist who wrote the article) would be all that happy in being referred to as the agent who received £1.65m from the Rochina transfer - perhaps not all that important in the scheme of things but someone might want to change it.

If it oringates from "Tombo" then I automatically view it with suspicion. I notice that the timeline tells us that Jamie Maclaren was released at the end of last season. Yet I've watched him play for the Reserves during pre-season and he has appeared in both the opening Under-21 League games - how many more inaccuracies does it contain?

The problem with conspiracy theories is that without hard evidence you can make the most innocent actions look suspicious. Whilst all this amateur sleuthing is very entertaining I'm afraid that I want something more than "a nod and a "wink", "nudge, nudge, say nor more" before I can take the whole conspiracy theory seriously. Many people say they have seen or have heard things which make them believe that the club is on the brink of the abyss. However, nobody has yet provided hard evidence in the public domain.

At the moment I'm tending to view the conspiracy theories with the same suspicion as I view all that emanates from the spin machine at Ewood Park. I suspect that I'm not alone in taking that view. Have the last 18 months been incompetence or something more sinister? At the moment I'm keeping an open mind about the latter whilst firmly of the belief that the former is certainly true.

• Backroom

There are a number of errors in that timeline... if it's supposed to be taken seriously a little proof reading wouldn't go amiss. I certainly don't remember us beating Sunderland 2-1 last December. Also, most of the links no longer work thanks to the rovers.co.uk site overhaul.

There are a number of errors in that timeline... if it's supposed to be taken seriously a little proof reading wouldn't go amiss. I certainly don't remember us beating Sunderland 2-1 last December. Also, most of the links no longer work thanks to the rovers.co.uk site overhaul.

The rovers.co.uk overhaul has disappointed me, are the match reports still there or just unlinked? I was enjoying comparing the attendances from the last time we were relegated but now it seems you can only look back to 2009/10

Archived