BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming that the 'Bleeds Blue 'N White' blog that this originates from is run by "Tombo" since he seems to control the associated twitter account.

Having just looked at a section of the timeline, aside from the parts where he seems to have used language expressing personal opinions on certain events (which I would say is inappropriate in something supposed to be purely factual) I don't think that Nick Harris (the journalist who wrote the article) would be all that happy in being referred to as the agent who received £1.65m from the Rochina transfer - perhaps not all that important in the scheme of things but someone might want to change it.

Before we go too far down the Tombo bashing route (as amusing as that might be), I should add a little disclaimer to my original post.

It looks like there are at least 3 people involved in the site. I know that Tombo has access to the associated twitter account but I don't know how much, if any, of the timeline is his work. It just struck me that some of the little comments with the links sounded like his way of putting things.

It was there as an example and points of reserve players leaving etc are are no consequence . Who compiled it , I do not know .

I imagine it took a long time to compile , and I was using the time line as an example and pointer more than a given as to where people should be looking for answers

We have never used the time line as we have put our own together but it took months and not a couple of days . I was trying to be helpful :-(

Before we go too far down the Tombo bashing route (as amusing as that might be), I should add a little disclaimer to my original post.

It looks like there are at least 3 people involved in the site. I know that Tombo has access to the associated twitter account but I don't know how much, if any, of the timeline is his work. It just struck me that some of the little comments with the links sounded like his way of putting things.

I totally feel that there is something very iffy going on but absolutely hate stuff like this timeline. It is so amateurish in the way that it tries to discredit the signings we made but refers to the chaff we cut loose as "talented youngster" etc. The only really talented youngsters I can think of who we sold were Jones and Hoilett.

I totally feel that there is something very iffy going on but absolutely hate stuff like this timeline. It is so amateurish in the way that it tries to discredit the signings we made but refers to the chaff we cut loose as "talented youngster" etc. The only really talented youngsters I can think of who we sold were Jones and Hoilett.

Well Frankie Fielding was one, very talented, Matty Pearson could come back to haunt us as will Gavin Gunning, Dundee United player of the year (plays centre back and left back!) and heres one for the book, Alan Judge, linked in todays LT for a move to Reading!!

• Backroom

For the love of god don't take anything written by TomboTheGreat as fact.

X1000

He blocked me on twitter because i had the nerve to say a blog he was pimping around for praise wasnt all that brilliant, he then had to tell me how much he does for the club including at one time providing stats for the FIFA games, so i have no idea what he's up to these days

Reg of the Rovers' message board post in the LT is so logical and sensible, I am copying and pasting it here:

THE AMAZING DECLINE OF BLACKBURN ROVERS F.C.

Even I gasped in amazement when I saw the Ewood Park attendance v/s HULL CITY, 13,562 spectators for Rovers opening home game of the season. I will say that again 13,562- the lowest attendance at Ewood Park for a league fixture for almost 20 years, since August 1993.

I had predicted on this website that if Rovers persisted in employing Steve Kean, their gates in the championship will plummet to around the 12,000 mark. But even I did not expect it to happen so soon. To compound matters the Saturday attendance v/s Leicester was no better.

Reports from within Ewood say that Balaji and Ventakatesh Rao making a rare visit ‘THEIR CLUB’ were shocked at the lack of fans v Hull City. WELL WHAT DID THEY EXPECT?

You can only ignore football fans for so long; you can only treat them with contempt for so long. You can only go against all their wishes for so long.

Eventually they will come Back BITE YOU. And bite the Rao family they have.

Whilst Mrs Anurandha ( I like to be entertained ) Desai insists on keeping Kean in employ the fans have said enough is enough and half of Rovers regular support have left the club, never to return whilst Kean is manager. No matter what results Kean now achieves, and I am not holding my breath on that outcome being fruitful despite a promising start to the season.

Since the Venky group took control in November 2010, they have now halved the support to the club that Rovers had under the Allardyce and Williams regime. Rovers were enjoying average gates of just under 26,000. And at the start of Allardyce’s last season in charge 2010 – 2011 sold in the region of 18,000 season tickets. Followed by the sale of 14,000 season tickets the following season with Kean in charge, which as predicted by all and sundry led to relegation.

In a patronising interview on Sky TV on the afternoon of the Hull game, operation director Paul Agnew appeared to tell the world that season ticket sales are not as bad as been reported and corporate sponsorship is still good. He went on to say “mistakes last season have been recognised and acknowledged”

This interview preceded the Hull City game last Wednesday. Agnew must have been squirming in his seat as the fans failed to show.

Next day following the damaging attendance and the fury of Ventkatesh and Balaji Rao, a statement leaked from Ewood said that season ticket sales are around 7,000.

NO they are not, my sources tell me they are way under that. And as for the patronising out of touch Agnew interview that “mistakes have been acknowledged” when was that? I have not heard of any acknowledgement to mistakes made or apologies offered by the Rovers hierarchy.

I certainly have not heard Kean acknowledge any mistakes or offer any apologies for being relegated and certainly no statements of regret from the Rao family.

Ventkatesh Rao did however appear on Sky TV in a supposed ‘exclusive’ back in late May, all that amounted to was a pathetic, tearful interview in which he said “ we are not bad people and we wil get things right”. SORRY Ventkatesh, you are bad people, very bad people, you have ruined my football club and as for getting ‘things right’ PIGS MIGHT FLY.

Back to Mr Paul (Kean has me in his back pocket) Agnew. Do not insult our intelligence by waffling on about how rosy things are, they are not. You haven’t even got a shirts sponsor for Christ’s sake. What have you been doing all summer?

The whole future of the club is in doubt. Financially, once the parachute payments have run out, you are about to crumble.

Without fans you have no club. The whole club is in trouble.

Did you not for a moment foresee what was going to happen?

It’s ok Mr Agnew being dismissive of Shebby Shingh’s remarks re-the manager.

Singh has a valid point only he did not express it very well. And the point that Singh was probably trying to make is that whilst Kean is still at the club, they will be no coming back together of the club and the fans. NO matter what the results are good or bad. NO matter what players are signed. NO matter what statements of reassurance you make. NO matter what the Rao family do or say.

The problem at Blackburn Rovers is obvious to all and simple to solve. Steve (£1.3 million per annum) Kean has to go. Then and only then can you Mr Agnew even think of rebuilding the club and renewing a bond and relationship with the fans. Does nobody at Ewood realise just how disliked Kean is. For ‘pity’s sake’ wake up before it is too late.

Reg.

Footnote:

If I had an employee in my business that had lost me half my customer bases in 18 months, guess what I would do? Like any business man, I would have to let him go, simple as that. Why is Kean still at Ewood? The mystery deepens.

Reg of the Rovers' message board post in the LT is so logical and sensible, I am copying and pasting it here:

Even I gasped in amazement when I saw the Ewood Park attendance v/s HULL CITY, 13,562 spectators for Rovers opening home game of the season. I will say that again 13,562- the lowest attendance at Ewood Park for a league fixture for almost 20 years, since August 1993.

I had predicted on this website that if Rovers persisted in employing Steve Kean, their gates in the championship will plummet to around the 12,000 mark. But even I did not expect it to happen so soon. To compound matters the Saturday attendance v/s Leicester was no better.

Reports from within Ewood say that Balaji and Ventakatesh Rao making a rare visit ‘THEIR CLUB’ were shocked at the lack of fans v Hull City. WELL WHAT DID THEY EXPECT?

You can only ignore football fans for so long; you can only treat them with contempt for so long. You can only go against all their wishes for so long.

Whilst Mrs Anurandha ( I like to be entertained ) Desai insists on keeping Kean in employ the fans have said enough is enough and half of Rovers regular support have left the club, never to return whilst Kean is manager. No matter what results Kean now achieves, and I am not holding my breath on that outcome being fruitful despite a promising start to the season.

Since the Venky group took control in November 2010, they have now halved the support to the club that Rovers had under the Allardyce and Williams regime. Rovers were enjoying average gates of just under 26,000. And at the start of Allardyce’s last season in charge 2010 – 2011 sold in the region of 18,000 season tickets. Followed by the sale of 14,000 season tickets the following season with Kean in charge, which as predicted by all and sundry led to relegation.

In a patronising interview on Sky TV on the afternoon of the Hull game, operation director Paul Agnew appeared to tell the world that season ticket sales are not as bad as been reported and corporate sponsorship is still good. He went on to say “mistakes last season have been recognised and acknowledged”

This interview preceded the Hull City game last Wednesday. Agnew must have been squirming in his seat as the fans failed to show.

Next day following the damaging attendance and the fury of Ventkatesh and Balaji Rao, a statement leaked from Ewood said that season ticket sales are around 7,000.

NO they are not, my sources tell me they are way under that. And as for the patronising out of touch Agnew interview that “mistakes have been acknowledged” when was that? I have not heard of any acknowledgement to mistakes made or apologies offered by the Rovers hierarchy.

I certainly have not heard Kean acknowledge any mistakes or offer any apologies for being relegated and certainly no statements of regret from the Rao family.

Ventkatesh Rao did however appear on Sky TV in a supposed ‘exclusive’ back in late May, all that amounted to was a pathetic, tearful interview in which he said “ we are not bad people and we wil get things right”. SORRY Ventkatesh, you are bad people, very bad people, you have ruined my football club and as for getting ‘things right’ PIGS MIGHT FLY.

Back to Mr Paul (Kean has me in his back pocket) Agnew. Do not insult our intelligence by waffling on about how rosy things are, they are not. You haven’t even got a shirts sponsor for Christ’s sake. What have you been doing all summer?

The whole future of the club is in doubt. Financially, once the parachute payments have run out, you are about to crumble.

Singh has a valid point only he did not express it very well. And the point that Singh was probably trying to make is that whilst Kean is still at the club, they will be no coming back together of the club and the fans. NO matter what the results are good or bad. NO matter what players are signed. NO matter what statements of reassurance you make. NO matter what the Rao family do or say.

The problem at Blackburn Rovers is obvious to all and simple to solve. Steve (£1.3 million per annum) Kean has to go. Then and only then can you Mr Agnew even think of rebuilding the club and renewing a bond and relationship with the fans. Does nobody at Ewood realise just how disliked Kean is. For ‘pity’s sake’ wake up before it is too late.

Reg.

Footnote:

If I had an employee in my business that had lost me half my customer bases in 18 months, guess what I would do? Like any business man, I would have to let him go, simple as that. Why is Kean still at Ewood? The mystery deepens.

100% agree. The lack of action by Venkys speaks volumes.

How far will we fall before the scum ruining or club leave?

NO they are not, my sources tell me they are way under that.

I had to re-read this section several times to make sure I had it right in my head. Are you saying then that season ticket sales are BELOW 7,000? If this was the case, are we to believe that the 'walk-on' figure for Hull was circa 6000 (based on 500 from Hull and 7000 STH) and 'walk-on' figure for Leicester was circa 5000 (based on 2000 from Leicester and 7000 STH)?

I, for one, find that VERY difficult to believe...

I believe someone checked with the police on matchdays and the numbers given for people through the turnstiles has been appr 2k below the official attendance. We can never be 100% on numbers but I can't believe anything coming out of the club any more. Perhaps the FF can ask the club how the figures are calculated.

I believe someone checked with the police on matchdays and the numbers given for people through the turnstiles has been appr 2k below the official attendance. We can never be 100% on numbers but I can't believe anything coming out of the club any more. Perhaps the FF can ask the club how the figures are calculated.

Every now and again this question is raised via the Fans Forum. The answer that always comes back from the club, is the attendance is based upon the number of tickets sold, not how many pass through the turnstile.

So are the FA actually investigating? Or will they possibly do it if they receive 'the dossier' in the future, and it doesn't clash with Bargain Hunt?

I really don't think they know what to investigate. The Rules and Regs are in effect just a trade association rulebook. There is no precedent. There is no case law. The agent allegations would become a matter of evidence and that would mean the key players admitting wrong doing. In effect JA would have to admit running the club, and what is running a club anyway (That would be a real problem right now at Ewood). If Venky's want to run a club that makes big money buying and selling players then so what? It's theirs. There are no laws against bad owners. Where there is no precedent it takes years to sort out - see the Karen Murphy V Premier League, Sky TV case - we still don't know if she's broken the law and this started in 2002.

Plus there is no body with the power to police the rules. Until the FA set up a policing body with powers - like the SEC in US Finance, you'd never get a case together. Even if you did you wouldn't want to be the first to court. It would take years and millions in appeals. Only lawyers win here. Also you are taking on individuals who each have more resources that you, and are professionals in the business. The FA are generally still amateurs running a club. Also don't forget the rules are many years old in many cases, and they are basically just to try and ensure games are played fairly and competitively.

Reg's post comes to the right conclusions although one or two of his 'facts' might be a little shaky. It might be a good option to capitalise and shut the club up. Asset stripping isn't illegal either - see Mitch Romney's C.V.

Oh, you must know the crowd in the stadium for safety reasons and would be foolish not to report this. This would be very serious and become a legal matter.

Reg.

Footnote:

+1.

Someone needs to get this into the hands of Mrs. D and the brothers ASAP.

Rog hit the ball out of the park.

I had to re-read this section several times to make sure I had it right in my head. Are you saying then that season ticket sales are BELOW 7,000? If this was the case, are we to believe that the 'walk-on' figure for Hull was circa 6000 (based on 500 from Hull and 7000 STH) and 'walk-on' figure for Leicester was circa 5000 (based on 2000 from Leicester and 7000 STH)?

I, for one, find that VERY difficult to believe...

Season ticket holders plus Hull fans is not the math equation. It's season ticket holders plus match day ticket buyers plus Hull fans.

I don't know the real number (I have no secret sources) but 7,000 season ticket holders plus 3,000 to 4,000 Rover fans match day purchases plus 1,000 to 2,000 Hull fans doesn't seem far-fetched.

What you also have to factor into this is the amount of free season tickets given to employees of the club as i understand its 2 per person in full time employment at BRFC as well as freebies given to players and executives most who nowadays dont use them but will no doubt be used to boost numbers of the official attendance

Steve, the 'math' question is this:

Attendance : 13500

STH* : 7000

Hull : 500

Walk-on : ?

? = 6000 - I think not.

*as per 'Reg' info

Thanks, Fernhurst Rover. I understand your position now.

I don't know the answer or the dynamics of the local community, but if there were 18,000 ST holders in 2010, and 14,000 in 2011 and allegedly only 7,000 in 2012 (which would appear to be in keeping with the downward trend), is it not reasonable to assume that a large number of the non-renewing ST holders might buy a match day ticket just to check out the play? Between Allardyce and Kean, there are potentially many thousands of former ST holders who might have spring for a test game. Essentially placing a toe in the water before jumping in. If that is the case, then it would appear the water is not all that inviting.

Kean Out.

Thanks, Fernhurst Rover. I understand your position now.

I don't know the answer or the dynamics of the local community, but if there were 18,000 ST holders in 2010, and 14,000 in 2011 and allegedly only 7,000 in 2012 (which would appear to be in keeping with the downward trend), is it not reasonable to assume that a large number of the non-renewing ST holders might buy a match day ticket just to check out the play? Between Allardyce and Kean, there are potentially many thousands of former ST holders who might have spring for a test game. Essentially placing a toe in the water before jumping in. If that is the case, then it would appear the water is not all that inviting.

Kean Out.

I'm a non renewer. I did though go on the Hull match out of curiosity. I actually got 5 tickets as nieghbours of mine( not Rovers fans) wanted to go on.

The queues at the pre paid collection point & the on the day purchases were as big as I've seen in years.

It appears there were plenty testing the water.

What I got for my £22.

The football was woeful.

The atmosphere was weird.

Kean was making me feel sick just looking at him.

Radius security looking menacing.

The realisation that it's going to be a long haul to get our Rovers back.

My home match boycott began with Leicester.

I suspect the figures wil be skewed by the club.

Kean Out!

Archived