BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

Spoke to 2 fans last night in a pub about our situation... 1 Birmingham, 1 Leeds....the Birmingham fan said he quite liked Kean, he could have easily just quit when the going got tough and he has respect for him for staying, and liked him in interviews because he is normally positive.....I said the standard, he hasn't resigned because he won't get another manager's job, he said fair enough I didn't really consider that...and then I said my favourite comment of we came 10th 2 seasons ago with 8 of the same first team players, and out of the 3 new ones, 2 are Hoilett and Yakubu.

The Leeds fan said Kean was one of the worst managers he had ever seen, only seemed to give excuses in interviews and mentioned the win at Old Trafford more than they did, referring to the one in one of the cups a couple of seasons ago when Beckford scored.......he said we were miles too good to go down, considered us to be more of a top half team than the likes of Fulham and Sunderland, that he had seen Vukcevic for Montenegro and was amazed he barely saw him, and any manager that gets relegated with even just Yakubu and Hoilett in a team should quit football altogether.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know, all the transfer monies received landed in the Rovers accounts although it might suit some parties to have us believe that was not the case.

Barclays could not have been paid off and the mortgages over Rovers and Venky's removed if the transfer cash had gone elsewhere in any significant amounts.

If Rhodes does not arrive, the blame can only be placed at Mrs D's door. Not because of lack of funds but because of her own incompetent way of working.

I remain undecided between whether there is hidden ownership at Rovers or Kean has engineered this farce to his own benefit at the expense of the dolts at Venky's who swallowed all is his rubbish but how the remainder of this transfer window plays out is going to give us a strong pointer. Nixon reporting on the Wickham loan bid is, I believe, not without significance.

Rovers have now removed Guptha and Vineeth Rao from the directorship, but despite Simon Hunt leaving nearly 3 months ago, he is still listed. In addition no-one including Shaw and Agnew have been added to director list at companies house.

In addition Venkys London Ltd have still not filed their accounts and are now weeks late, not days in doing so

As far as I know, all the transfer monies received landed in the Rovers accounts although it might suit some parties to have us believe that was not the case.

Barclays could not have been paid off and the mortgages over Rovers and Venky's removed if the transfer cash had gone elsewhere in any significant amounts.

If Rhodes does not arrive, the blame can only be placed at Mrs D's door. Not because of lack of funds but because of her own incompetent way of working.

I remain undecided between whether there is hidden ownership at Rovers or Kean has engineered this farce to his own benefit at the expense of the dolts at Venky's who swallowed all is his rubbish but how the remainder of this transfer window plays out is going to give us a strong pointer. Nixon reporting on the Wickham loan bid is, I believe, not without significance.

This, if you read into it, suggests that Kean (Being Nixons contact) wanted Wickham, it has been suggested that Shebby felt we could do better,

now if Wickham arrives, it would give a clear indication of just how much power Kean has at Rovers!!

If we are looking at the possibility of hidden owners in football clubs i think we can look closely at Coventry city.

SISU purchase Coventy City Dec 2008.

SISU=un named investment funds, managed by private investment company in Hanover London.

Steve Kean and Chris Coleman appointed February 2008 (Only posted this because of the fact that both Kean and Coleman have been at both clubs).

On 19 November 2010, takeover of Premier League club Blackburn Rovers for £23m deal under the name Venky's London Limited.

After the sacking of Allardyce on 13 December 2010, Kean installed as caretaker manager for Blackburn. Directors of Rovers/share holders in Venky's London unclear!

When Coventry didn't submit their financial record this happened http://www.clubcall....es-1390002.html!!! Best get them in quick.

In fairness to Philip, there is a good deal at Rovers that doesn't seem to get announced or reported anywhere.

For example, GlenM says Simon Hunt went 3 months ago, I might have missed it but not seen any announcement or reporting on this.

Similar, I understand there have been a number of departures over the last couple of weeks including a known name but again not announced or reported, as far as I am aware, anywhere.

In fairness to Philip, there is a good deal at Rovers that doesn't seem to get announced or reported anywhere.

For example, GlenM says Simon Hunt went 3 months ago, I might have missed it but not seen any announcement or reporting on this.

Similar, I understand there have been a number of departures over the last couple of weeks including a known name but again not announced or reported, as far as I am aware, anywhere.

Both Agnew and Shaw confirmed Hunts departure in a meeting we had a couple of weeks ago, although its common knowledge at the club

was also told on Saturday someone else had been stood down and has been for the last 2 weeks, spoke to a few people who says they think he is on holiday were others claim its a bit more than that

Both Agnew and Shaw confirmed Hunts departure in a meeting we had a couple of weeks ago, although its common knowledge at the club

was also told on Saturday someone else had been stood down and has been for the last 2 weeks, spoke to a few people who says they think he is on holiday were others claim its a bit more than that

Cheers Glen-wonder if its Robert Coar? Haven't noticed him anywhere for ages not that he had any contribution to anything from what we can see

Cheers Glen-wonder if its Robert Coar? Haven't noticed him anywhere for ages not that he had any contribution to anything from what we can see

Hasn't Robert Coar got a good standing with the F.A? (Was under the impression that he only had a role now with Blackburn to allow him to continue this).

but Maj and Kelbo, what is the contribution this time? as far as I can tell it's 'I know something you dont and I'm not telling you hat it is'

Is that really a great contribution to the MB?

Whose to judge what a great contribution is Ricky? We're all big enough to make our minds up on any posters contribution. As far as I remember Philip hasn't ever broken posting guidelines and we're all grateful when he's translating the annual financial results. Grief, there's plenty of trolls around here that never get taken to task.

Interesting on Saturday despite the claims that corporate sales had gone well,

Jacks Kitchen was closed and people in there was given a free upgrade to the Premier Suite which despite having all the corporates in was still quite empty.

Our box sales are really low with more sold to the players than sponsors, and we have only sold 4 to players,

The lack of funding from commercial partners must be a worry as it mirror images the lack of seats sold in the stands.

Rovers on a daily basis are contacting people who had tables last season and are getting to the stage were they are as good as trying to give them away

Jacks Kitchen was closed and people in there was given a free upgrade to the Premier Suite which despite having all the corporates in was still quite empty.

Our box sales are really low with more sold to the players than sponsors, and we have only sold 4 to players,

The lack of funding from commercial partners must be a worry as it mirror images the lack of seats sold in the stands.

Rovers on a daily basis are contacting people who had tables last season and are getting to the stage were they are as good as trying to give them away

Isn't Clayton / Douglas lounge also mothballed ?

Understand this has not gone down well in certain quarters !

I'm not suprised at all this really. The value of corporate sponsorship has plummeted now we are out of the prem, even compared to last time. If we take advertising hoardings, last year they were visible weekly to a global audience measured in hundreds of millions, now they are visible to 13,000.

They might be better off doing a combo deal this year in championship / next year in Prem for $xxxx spread equally, or 2 years in championship for free if we don't go up.

Yes me too, if you read through his posts, with a little thought, you may be able to arrive at a conclusion, I know I have!!

Some of Philips posts are so open ended that you can draw many conclusions from them (that may be his objective) but I genuinely think that readers, in the main want to do just that.

Really it hardly surprising - in combination with the continued bad publicity around Venky's and Kean - we are in the middle of a double dip recession. Having said all that the club seem to have shot themselves in both feet in their handling of the overall fans base and corporate.

If Kean does get sacked soon, do all the 'boycotters' from BRFCS fancy getting a box if we can force the price right down??

I'll chip in even though won't be home for a visit till next year, only condition it's re-named the Venky's Out box :), and aggers serves the drinks in a monkey costume

Archived