BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No confusion, just keep her/him away from learning the lingo and there's a keeper.

Considering the fact she spent the last year over here doing a law degree, I'd say her grasp of English is probably better than yours.

What planet are you on?

Trying to help the lad fit in. My experience of the people on this board and my experience of some of the so called fans at games is that they are to make ridiculous claims without evidence (some of them with evidence, of course, but not all - such as his specific theory), hold them as facts, let the anger burn up inside them, then forget to support the team on match day. As for the violence, I've been threatened with violence if I was ever to reveal myself at a game. Whether or not they'd back that up is another matter, but the threat is still there.

You got a bird??? Invisible or fictional?

A bird? I don't have any pets at all.

Ha, memories of primary school and people saying they had a girlfriend "abroad".

Thing is when an adult says that, it usually means they are mail order or they've got a todger.

This is getting massively off topic, but I'm not sure what kind of Primary school you went to.

Considering the fact she spent the last year over here doing a law degree, I'd say her grasp of English is probably better than yours.

Trying to help the lad fit in. My experience of the people on this board and my experience of some of the so called fans at games is that they are to make ridiculous claims without evidence (some of them with evidence, of course, but not all - such as his specific theory), hold them as facts, let the anger burn up inside them, then forget to support the team on match day. As for the violence, I've been threatened with violence if I was ever to reveal myself at a game. Whether or not they'd back that up is another matter, but the threat is still there.

A bird? I don't have any pets at all.

This is getting massively off topic, but I'm not sure what kind of Primary school you went to.

Braddock,

I note from your comments, your girlfriend did a Law Degree here in the UK, to achieve that takes hard work and she must be congratulated and as such she will no doubt be able to read, digest and analyse data correctly, maybe you could ask her to analyse the following facts, this is not heresay but events which have occured of the tenure of the bloody Indians and Kean etc.

1) The sacking of a perfectly good manager who was nailed on to keep Rovers in the premier league (see his record at both Bolton and Rovers and even his points total at Newcastle)

2) The appointment of a number three (Kean) to a capacity of which he is totally incapable of.

3) The removal of John Williams (arguably the most respected Chairman in the whole of the Leages at the time)

4) The loss of Tom Finn an experienced and competant Managing Director after 15 years service at the club.

5) Both 3 and 4 made Blackburn Rovers one of the best run Football Clubs in the UK and as such, Rovers became a role model for many clubs of the same stature.

6) The Continuation of Keans position as manager, despite an abysmal record in his first season which almost saw us relegated, he recieved a new contract as he orchestrated one of the worst and most tactically inept teams I have ever seen.

7) The amount of games when we shipped two goals or more during last season.

There are more instances such as the involvement of Anderson, dodgy signings of players who were never of the ability to even get a game off the bench and poor organisation of the team both tactically and mentally.

These Braddock are the reasons we got relegated, the crowd didnt contribute at all, indeed, most clubs in the country would have sacked Kean after three months so I am not wearing the crowd element at all, it is the crowds prerogative to chant when the team is continually doing badly.

So, I respectfully ask your girlfriend to analyse the above facts 1 to 7 and then tell me what contributary factors there were to our relegation!!

Is Singh a director? As far as I know he is simply a paid advisor. If he is any more his already dubious status in the UK would be in question.

Is Kean a director. I have no evidence that he is.

It would therefore seem to me that neither have any power over the other and the only people who can remove these from their positions as advisor and team manager are the directors. Can someone tell me again who the`directors of BRFC and its parent companies are?

In my opinion they are both shadow directors.

In my opinion they are both shadow directors.

Yep, we need a chairperson in situ at Ewood to run the club, one with total control that everyone is answerable to, with power to hire and fire.

We are still like a rudderless ship at the moment and it will cost us again this season.

I wonder if Kean's had a call from Pune. He very rarely leaves himself without a get out and the above article really closes the door of the Shebby excuse.

And yes we do need a Chairman who is in complete control. Unfortunately Pune think it's Kean and Shebby thinks its him. Voldemort probably thinks its him and the two PNE fans think it's them.

What an absolute mess.

I think all clubs should have a community share of 20-30% split between local stakeholders such as the supporters and the council. It wouldn't need to be financing at all but should be there for decision making and able to force regular board meetings.

Contrary to popular belief, unlike the US, the is no legal right to free speech in the uk.

I had an interesting chat with a solicitor who has advised us on a few issues recently who actually thinks Kean/Venky's could have grounds to go after fans for harassment under the 1986 Public Order Act (section 4a). She pointed out anyone who goes after their own customers in this way would be nuts, but I pointed out that may not be as unlikely as it sounds.

Who mentioned the UK Glenn?

This is worth pondering over and especially when considering also the alleged instructions to Stewards to eject people chanting against Steve Kean....

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" .....JFK

...... further conversations with Lancashire's finest.

'Finest'???? You mean the excuse for a police force that banned a 65 year old traditional bit of fun in Bamber Bridge just because they could? Or rather couldn't be arsed!

Take no notice

I spoke with a friend who is one of the head stewards and he said that in a briefing the other day that they have been told to eject anyone who chants Kean out.

He might be winding me up but he seemed sincere

That could get very interesting if the whole crowd is chanting "Kean out" simultaneously.

EDIT: Sorry Jim I had not got to your post when I wrote this.

What a load of tripe this is. 3 defeats..... 2 from 7........whatever.

Ridiculous, unfair to everyone at Ewood including Kean and the players - and something that comes from people that simply can't make a decision. Back him, or sack him. You've seen enough to make your minds up. All you're doing [not you Bob] is making yourselves look even more stupid and pathetic.

Bloody right there Den!! At ANY normal football club at any level this would have been properly sorted out long long ago. I just wonder if I will actually live long enough to see any semblance of normality return to Ewood Park, but I am certainly not going to waste what little time I have travelling down there each week to watch utter crap from players that mostly don't give a monkeys about the fans (there are one or two exceptions). and are only interested in boosting their already bulging bank balances. And as for the deluded fools ("we are the only TRUE supporters") that intend to give their money and support to these thieving, ######-taking so-and-so's........words fail me!!

Bloody right there Den!! At ANY normal football club at any level this would have been properly sorted out long long ago. I just wonder if I will actually live long enough to see any semblance of normality return to Ewood Park, but I am certainly not going to waste what little time I have travelling down there each week to watch utter crap from players that mostly don't give a monkeys about the fans (there are one or two exceptions). and are only interested in boosting their already bulging bank balances. And as for the deluded fools ("we are the only TRUE supporters") that intend to give their money and support to these thieving, ######-taking so-and-so's........words fail me!!

Players generally have always been more interested in money than the club they are playing for so there is nothing new there.

Fans who continue to support Rovers do not deserve to be called "deluded fools".

If words "fail you" you should think more carefully before you write this bilge.

So I am now a deluded fool for buying a season ticket at the Rovers? Once upon a time I would have been classed as a decent fan. Deary, deary, deluded me.

Are you one of the few that referred to themselves as "the ONLY TRUE fans"? If so then I was referring to you....if not then I wasn't.

I take grave exception to being told I am not a true fan simply because so far (this season only) I choose not to renew my S/T after 66 years of continous support, and I have said many times now that as soon as my club is cleansed of the parasites that are destoying it I WILL BE BACK. But in the meantime I will not give them a single penny of my money.

Archived