BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

I spoke with a friend who is one of the head stewards and he said that in a briefing the other day that they have been told to eject anyone who chants Kean out.

He might be winding me up but he seemed sincere

Matches will have to be halted on a regular basis then in order to clear the stadium !!!

Not a chance that they will be able to enforce.

Unfortunately, I can only see tensions boiling over and stewards battling with fans.

What a feckin sad state of affairs.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke with a friend who is one of the head stewards and he said that in a briefing the other day that they have been told to eject anyone who chants Kean out.

I am surprised there isnt going to be a hymn sheet given out at every home match stating what we can and cant sing. This is a joke if anyone gets chucked out for chanting Kean Out. What grounds do they have to do so?

It's illegal to record a phone call without the proper authority.

Technically RIPA in the UK specifically allows it. It only becomes illegal when the content is disclosed to a third party without the participants knowledge. It's one of the reasons I give out my Skype number, not my home one. Interestingly, the same law sets down the same terms for emails (which is handy to know next time somebody says 'X showed me that email conversation you had').

Do you know, I had a question lined up for Shebby.

It went along the lines of - "last season, at the same time that Steve Kean was telling the press that only 1% of fans were against him and he was recieving 500 emails a day of support, stewards at Ewood Park were confronting fans in the Darwen end who were displaying "Kean out" banners. Does the club still intend to silence the fans this coming season?"

I wish I'd asked it now.

I hope that all those around any individuals chanting for this would prevent this happening. Where is the freedom of speech? It's hardly anti-semitic/racist is it.

Good luck with that policy

I hope that all those around any individuals chanting for this would prevent this happening. Where is the freedom of speech? It's hardly anti-semitic/racist is it.

Good luck with that policy

Providing it isn't threatening then people should not be ejected.

Hopefully the fans will stick together and the stewards aren't forced into bad decisions by the powers that be, as then I'm sure there will be trouble.

Hopefully the fans will stick together and the stewards aren't forced into bad decisions by the powers that be, as then I'm sure there will be trouble.

Have I read this correctly ? Braddock standing up for the fans right to protest ! What was the Road to Damascus experience which brought about this remarkable conversion ?

I'm not sure of the legalities of ejecting people for shouting 'Kean Out'. On what grounds would they eject anybody? Im think there are terms and conditions which you sign on to when you but a season ticket but whether shouting for Kean's removal is covered I doubt very much.

Have I read this correctly ? Braddock standing up for the fans right to protest ! What was the Road to Damascus experience which brought about this remarkable conversion ?

I'd be annoyed at them doing it, but I wouldn't be for ejecting them from the stadium.

They'd just have to accept that if it was during the 90 minutes they would be contributing to a far from productive atmosphere with regards to getting the three points.

I'd be annoyed at them doing it, but I wouldn't be for ejecting them from the stadium.

They'd just have to accept that if it was during the 90 minutes they would be contributing to a far from productive atmosphere with regards to getting the three points.

and they could tell you that steve's tactics/team selection/general incompetence is even more unproductive and that if he goes it's party time...

and they could tell you that steve's tactics/team selection/general incompetence is even more unproductive and that if he goes it's party time...

They could do. And them telling me that wouldn't put us in a better position when it comes to getting the three points.

Bradders, do you remember Pompey going down with the 'best fans in the division'?

Do you remember Derby going down with the 'best fans in the division'? I think they brought 7,000 on the last day against us.

I know you remember us going down with 'shocking fans'.

Still waiting for the list of all the things VenKean have done excellently since they bought the club. I won't hold my breath.

Bradders, do you remember Pompey going down with the 'best fans in the division'?

Do you remember Derby going down with the 'best fans in the division'? I think they brought 7,000 on the last day against us.

I know you remember us going down with 'shocking fans'.

Still waiting for the list of all the things VenKean have done excellently since they bought the club. I won't hold my breath.

Derby went down because they weren't good enough. The fans wouldn't have saved them with the massive gulf between them and safety. We weren't anything like that.

Portsmouth certainly prove that having the best fans doesn't make it certain you stop up, but I'm not saying it would have been certain. I'm saying, given what we had, together with proper support we may have made it.

Everyone is aware of the failings of the regime and the management, and if you don't understand that that is not the point I'm making then you never will. Asking for this list is pointless if you actually read what I am saying.

Derby went down because they weren't good enough. The fans wouldn't have saved them with the massive gulf between them and safety. We weren't anything like that.

Portsmouth certainly prove that having the best fans doesn't make it certain you stop up, but I'm not saying it would have been certain. I'm saying, given what we had, together with proper support we may have made it.

Everyone is aware of the failings of the regime and the management, and if you don't understand that that is not the point I'm making then you never will. Asking for this list is pointless if you actually read what I am saying.

Great. Thanks. All teams go down because they aren't good enough. Now what were you saying about our fans?

Free pies? :D

Ha ha, shame I can't eat pastry!

Personally I thought our support towards the team was outstanding given the circumstances. The players were (assisted by shoddy tactics) playing very poorly but the fans (bar a few) didn't get on the back of the players. Considering how poor the likes of Scott Dann were from start to finish it's a miracle the anger of the fans didn't turn on the players. If anything that is a credit to the supporters of BRFC that we didn't lambaste the players despite being bottom of the league throughout the campaign, shipping goals left right and centre.

I was ejected from Accy, not drunk, not aggressive, just about 6ft from Kean when I shouted "Kean out" - no swearing. Bodyguard number 2 and 5 bouncers literally pushed me out of the gate.

It's a contentious issue but what do you expect security to do when everyone knows the sort of anger people feel towards Kean? You might not do anything stupid and harm him in any way, but all it takes is 1 idiot to attack him or worse, and how can anyone know that won't happen?

I don't know if they should kick you out of the stadium completely, but security is there to pre-empt any sort of attack that might occur.

Anyone here that's a metalhead will be familiar with Dimebag Darrell's shooting, where a disgruntled fan got on stage and shot him and several others dead. It's not something far out the realms of possibility unfortunately.

Derby went down because they weren't good enough.

And there's me thinking Rovers went down because Kean is a crap manager. Why don't we play all our home games in an empty stadium then we will be nailed on promotion candidates

So fans should be thrown out then Miker?

Honestly? I don't know.

Personally, I think throwing fans out might be a tad extreme. But I'm not an expert in security. All I know is I absolutely hate getting told what to do and I have had my run ins with security leaving me completely livid with them at their treatment of me or other people, but I also know it's not an issue to be treated lightly, especially given the general feeling about Kean.

Archived