BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

It's a contentious issue but what do you expect security to do when everyone knows the sort of anger people feel towards Kean? You might not do anything stupid and harm him in any way, but all it takes is 1 idiot to attack him or worse, and how can anyone know that won't happen?

I don't know if they should kick you out of the stadium completely, but security is there to pre-empt any sort of attack that might occur.

Anyone here that's a metalhead will be familiar with Dimebag Darrell's shooting, where a disgruntled fan got on stage and shot him and several others dead. It's not something far out the realms of possibility unfortunately.

And of course there were many physical attacks on Kean in the stadium last year. To even insinuate that any Rovers fan is going to do something as ridiculous as that just shows how stupid you are.

And of course there were many physical attacks on Kean in the stadium last year. To even insinuate that any Rovers fan is going to do something as ridiculous as that just shows how stupid you are. For that comment alone you should be banned

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be no statement from club on how they deal with supporters, no club would ever do that.

I'm told the existing H&S Team will share John Newshams role and the stewards will work with them. Then there is the other team, Moultons motley crew which will outweigh the club stewards in Key area's of the grounds. Moulton is head of security but strangely employed directly by Venkys. He will not be office based at Ewood, but his job will be ALL security, The last I heard the club will NOT facilitate any protest of any kind, People who start chants, will be highlighted and dealt with. Making the crime fit is order of the day, and retaliation is what they will be looking for from any supporter. You may be asked to leave for no apparent reason, and its your reaction to this which they will try and make fit a reason.

I'm in daily conversations with the Police and the FSF, both for home and away games and all our members will have full protection legally from the FSF, at any ground worldwide the club may play in both this season and seasons to come.

They are monitioring the behavour of the stewards and the Z - squad, and we have already been in touch with the club regarding this issue. This is the second time this summer the club have tried to push the barriers to the limit.

As we are running away travel this season, we asked the club if they could reserve a section on tickets for the group so our members could sit together when producing their season tickets. These tallks were going ok until they found out we was charging £20 for ipswich. Internal emails were then sent, demanding that we were given the worst seats in the house, They call them tier 4 tickets, the ones which you sell last as they are either restricted viewing or on the back of an upper tier. The reason for this is they had to reduce their own travel by £6 a head.

This seriously backfired as like so many things WE FIND OUT, I got straight in touch with the club and told them they may as well CC me in on their next email to belittle supporters as it hit my inbox anyway. What followed was the club agreeing to let us have an equal away travel benefits of any other independent supporters group. I'm taking my 2 year old daughter to Ipswich, but the clubs intention was to cause unrest to delibrately anger supporters, which in turn had I not seen that email, would of potentially put my child's safety at risk.

This is the NEW Blackburn Rovers

There will be no statement from club on how they deal with supporters, no club would ever do that.

I'm told the existing H&S Team will share John Newshams role and the stewards will work with them. Then there is the other team, Moultons motley crew which will outweigh the club stewards in Key area's of the grounds. Moulton is head of security but strangely employed directly by Venkys. He will not be office based at Ewood, but his job will be ALL security, The last I heard the club will NOT facilitate any protest of any kind, People who start chants, will be highlighted and dealt with. Making the crime fit is order of the day, and retaliation is what they will be looking for from any supporter. You may be asked to leave for no apparent reason, and its your reaction to this which they will try and make fit a reason.

I'm in daily conversations with the Police and the FSF, both for home and away games and all our members will have full protection legally from the FSF, at any ground worldwide the club may play in both this season and seasons to come.

They are monitioring the behavour of the stewards and the Z - squad, and we have already been in touch with the club regarding this issue. This is the second time this summer the club have tried to push the barriers to the limit.

As we are running away travel this season, we asked the club if they could reserve a section on tickets for the group so our members could sit together when producing their season tickets. These tallks were going ok until they found out we was charging £20 for ipswich. Internal emails were then sent, demanding that we were given the worst seats in the house, They call them tier 4 tickets, the ones which you sell last as they are either restricted viewing or on the back of an upper tier. The reason for this is they had to reduce their own travel by £6 a head.

This seriously backfired as like so many things WE FIND OUT, I got straight in touch with the club and told them they may as well CC me in on their next email to belittle supporters as it hit my inbox anyway. What followed was the club agreeing to let us have an equal away travel benefits of any other independent supporters group. I'm taking my 2 year old daughter to Ipswich, but the clubs intention was to cause unrest to delibrately anger supporters, which in turn had I not seen that email, would of potentially put my child's safety at risk.

Truly frightening how they treat us fans. Disgraceful.

I'd tell anyone who is asked, or sees anyone asked to leave the ground to film it on their mobile phones. The FSF would have a great case with direct evidence like this.

Glen what is the legal position of fans being asked to leave the ground? I'm presuming they must, but can ask for clarification of why they are being asked to leave.

I'd tell anyone who is asked, or sees anyone asked to leave the ground to film it on their mobile phones. The FSF would have a great case with direct evidence like this.

Glen what is the legal position of fans being asked to leave the ground? I'm presuming they must, but can ask for clarification of why they are being asked to leave.

Froma legal point of view it is private property so they can ask anyone to leave, for silly things like preventing a breach of the peace etc, however trying to make something stick is another matter, We have a good relationship with the police and they are there as independents and will protect supporters although they cannot stop you being ejected.

Like I said the FSF are already making enquires so hopefully come Hull those responsible for these instructions are put back in the real world,

Froma legal point of view it is private property so they can ask anyone to leave, for silly things like preventing a breach of the peace etc, however trying to make something stick is another matter, We have a good relationship with the police and they are there as independents and will protect supporters although they cannot stop you being ejected.

Like I said the FSF are already making enquires so hopefully come Hull those responsible for these instructions are put back in the real world,

At the end of the meeting on Saturday I shook Shebby's hand. I asked him if protests are allowed this season. He put his hands in the pray position and said, please don't protest.

Very polite of him, but I politely refuse not to!

Entry to the Ground shall constitute acceptance of the Ground Regulations.

-----

1. Notwithstanding possession of any ticket the Club, any police officer or authorised steward may refuse entry to (or eject from) the Ground any person:

1.1 that fails (or in the Club's reasonable opinion is likely to fail) to comply with these Ground Regulations or any reasonable instruction issued by a police officer or authorised steward; and/or

1.2 whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

Looks pretty clear-cut they could throw you out for being annoying.

• Moderation Lead

How is everything going on following the meetings with Scudamore et al? Hopefully progress is being made as it sounds as if things are worse than ever with the club.....

Looks pretty clear-cut they could throw you out for being annoying.

I think they will have that pinned up spmewhere saying, remember these rules, we can do what we want :-( but i expect come the start of the season common sense to prevail

How is everything going on following the meetings with Scudamore et al? Hopefully progress is being made as it sounds as if things are worse than ever with the club.....

I think Mark discusses it at length in the podcast just released by BRFCS

• Moderation Lead

I think they will have that pinned up spmewhere saying, remember these rules, we can do what we want :-( but i expect come the start of the season common sense to prevail

I think Mark discusses it at length in the podcast just released by BRFCS

Nice work, wasn't meaning to sound at all confrontational, just as sick of the whole situation as anyone else and things seemed to have gone quiet following the meetings etc. Keep fighting the good fight! :rover:

The ground regs are a boiler plate used by (as far a I can tell) all clubs, not special to Rovers and yes, I fully expect common sense to prevail. John Newsome once explained (in the context of throwing people out for standing) that it's impossible to throw people out for something large numbers of others are doing and remarkably dangerous to try. He explained about crowd control exercises the police ran at Ewood where a handful of stewards trying to be "disruptive fans" easily got the better of police trainees.

Well if it is the case, then KEANSCUM himself can be ejected from the stadium because he is annoying and causing a nuisance to the paying customer. As for breaching the peace, ANY PERSON has the right to detain anyone who is breaching the peace, or may be about to commit a breach of the peace or who's conduct may cause a breach of the peace, so there you have it. EVERY supporter can arrest a steward who's behaviour may be casuing a breach of the peace and indeed if any of the MOULTEN crew create such a situation arrest them and call for the nearest steward !

Great powers exist for a citizens arrest. ^_^

Well if it is the case, then KEANSCUM himself can be ejected from the stadium because he is annoying and causing a nuisance to the paying customer. As for breaching the peace, ANY PERSON has the right to detain anyone who is breaching the peace, or may be about to commit a breach of the peace or who's conduct may cause a breach of the peace, so there you have it. EVERY supporter can arrest a steward who's behaviour may be casuing a breach of the peace and indeed if any of the MOULTEN crew create such a situation arrest them and call for the nearest steward !

Great powers exist for a citizens arrest. ^_^

I'll bear that in mind.

Derby went down because they weren't good enough. The fans wouldn't have saved them with the massive gulf between them and safety. We weren't anything like that.

Portsmouth certainly prove that having the best fans doesn't make it certain you stop up, but I'm not saying it would have been certain. I'm saying, given what we had, together with proper support we may have made it.

Everyone is aware of the failings of the regime and the management, and if you don't understand that that is not the point I'm making then you never will. Asking for this list is pointless if you actually read what I am saying.

FYI the fans gave as much support to the team as possible but not to Kean and venkys..the tipping point was the WBA + Bolton home games..but what about the players showing commitment, passion , etc or Kean for that matter because Bolton away + onwards we saw nothing , nil ,zilch.. Swansea +spurs away was an utter disgrace and an insult by the players and management of BRFC to the fans...

Just researching Phil Moulton's company (the point I was trying to make that he isn't just an employee, he runs a security firm and therefore isn't going to risk all that by getting caught on a camera phone) and, well, he obviously doesn't rely on his online reputation for new business - http://www.pmassociates.org.uk/

Disgrace that they treat some of the most passionate fans like that (wanting to stick you in row z)

And Agnew has the face to call himself a lifelong supporter with the fans' interest at heart. Joke.

Just researching Phil Moulton's company (the point I was trying to make that he isn't just an employee, he runs a security firm and therefore isn't going to risk all that by getting caught on a camera phone) and, well, he obviously doesn't rely on his online reputation for new business - http://www.pmassociates.org.uk/

Have you come across Exclusafe yet?

Lads I met from Glasgow last weekend said our esteemed gaffer has a problem with the booze.

Not the same Glasgow mafia chaps btw.....

He got done for driving under the influence so he clearly has a big problem in that regard.

I don't know the guy but the stories of partiality to wine and women have certainly reached my ears.

Perhaps his high wire act of silver tonguing will end with him tripping himself up and Mrs D not needing to make a decision. Anyone got that Manchester car park video?

Running his own company I would imagine it is highly unlikely that he will an employee of Venkys or Rovers. Which probably means he will be getting alot more money than Newsham did.

I thought we were trying to save money. This appointment plus Agnew promotion, Shaw, Hendry not to mention the transfers seems to blow this theroy out of the water.

So the question is how is this being funded and what happens when we don't get promotion.

We will won't know for real until Xmas 2013 when the accounts fror this new financial year are released, by then it will probably be too late.

The more I see and hear the more I feel depressed. Kean and his associates have got this club by the short and curlies.

It's a contentious issue but what do you expect security to do when everyone knows the sort of anger people feel towards Kean? You might not do anything stupid and harm him in any way, but all it takes is 1 idiot to attack him or worse, and how can anyone know that won't happen?

I don't know if they should kick you out of the stadium completely, but security is there to pre-empt any sort of attack that might occur.

Anyone here that's a metalhead will be familiar with Dimebag Darrell's shooting, where a disgruntled fan got on stage and shot him and several others dead. It's not something far out the realms of possibility unfortunately.

Utter garbage. His security people are there to protect in the event of an attempted assault not to assume people might possibly attack him. He's not the only one with rights you know.

And as for the possibility of a shooting that is completely whacko.

Have you come across Exclusafe yet?

Anyone with a little time on their hands may like to google around this company's history over the last couple of years.

It's not like the Kean and Venkys to get involved with dodge pots is it? :-(

To think Blackburn Rovers were a club renowned for having class and doing things the right way less than two years ago.

Archived