BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be no statement from club on how they deal with supporters, no club would ever do that.

I'm told the existing H&S Team will share John Newshams role and the stewards will work with them. Then there is the other team, Moultons motley crew which will outweigh the club stewards in Key area's of the grounds. Moulton is head of security but strangely employed directly by Venkys. He will not be office based at Ewood, but his job will be ALL security, The last I heard the club will NOT facilitate any protest of any kind, People who start chants, will be highlighted and dealt with. Making the crime fit is order of the day, and retaliation is what they will be looking for from any supporter. You may be asked to leave for no apparent reason, and its your reaction to this which they will try and make fit a reason.

I'm in daily conversations with the Police and the FSF, both for home and away games and all our members will have full protection legally from the FSF, at any ground worldwide the club may play in both this season and seasons to come.

They are monitioring the behavour of the stewards and the Z - squad, and we have already been in touch with the club regarding this issue. This is the second time this summer the club have tried to push the barriers to the limit.

As we are running away travel this season, we asked the club if they could reserve a section on tickets for the group so our members could sit together when producing their season tickets. These tallks were going ok until they found out we was charging £20 for ipswich. Internal emails were then sent, demanding that we were given the worst seats in the house, They call them tier 4 tickets, the ones which you sell last as they are either restricted viewing or on the back of an upper tier. The reason for this is they had to reduce their own travel by £6 a head.

This seriously backfired as like so many things WE FIND OUT, I got straight in touch with the club and told them they may as well CC me in on their next email to belittle supporters as it hit my inbox anyway. What followed was the club agreeing to let us have an equal away travel benefits of any other independent supporters group. I'm taking my 2 year old daughter to Ipswich, but the clubs intention was to cause unrest to delibrately anger supporters, which in turn had I not seen that email, would of potentially put my child's safety at risk.

This is the NEW Blackburn Rovers

They're just "naive" etc etc.

Family arguments.

Desai likes Kean personally.

There's nothing untoward going on etc etc.

Balls. Rotten as anything what's going on at our club these days,

Looks pretty clear-cut they could throw you out for being annoying.

The key word there is "reasonable". I'd expect the benchmark to be - how would most other Championship clubs handle a similar situation.

I was ejected from Accy, not drunk, not aggressive, just about 6ft from Kean when I shouted "Kean out" - no swearing. Bodyguard number 2 and 5 bouncers literally pushed me out of the gate.

Disgusting and just one of the reasons I won't be going whilst Keans still at the club. In my opinion this is Agnews doing, he's playing the role of judge and jury, whatever happened to free speech?

Not only is the manager useless and the team cr@p, but now you're not allowed to tell them!!

The club has become everything we all hated about other clubs, lacks class on every level, very very sad indeed....

Then a cretin like Miker posts the garbage he wrote about shooting.

You know what philipl, it doesn't even deserve a response, what complete and utter nonsense.

Very true Gav , the fans cannot voice their opinions inside the ground !

I have said this before AN EMPTY STADIUM SPEAKS VOLUMES !

Kean must go , before BRFC can move forward ....

Couldn't agree more

It wont be long before a facebook event is created to congregate hundreds of fans in the unreserved seating in the Darwen End and all chanting Kean Out. I really hope there is and lets see how these muppets can handle that. I honestly think that if anyone is seen to be getting slung out for chanting that then other supporters will purposley get involved to prevent them from being so. I know I will do me best to help. The club simply cannot stop you from saying a certain thing. I can underastand if it was something racist or offensive to people in the vacinity, but its not and there surely must be something legal to protect us?

It wont be long before a facebook event is created to congregate hundreds of fans in the unreserved seating in the Darwen End and all chanting Kean Out. I really hope there is and lets see how these muppets can handle that. I honestly think that if anyone is seen to be getting slung out for chanting that then other supporters will purposley get involved to prevent them from being so. I know I will do me best to help. The club simply cannot stop you from saying a certain thing. I can underastand if it was something racist or offensive to people in the vacinity, but its not and there surely must be something legal to protect us?

I can easily see the Police arresting a few over zealous stewards this season ....Someone who is clued up with human rights and free speech will have a field day ....

You can heckle and shout abuse at the prime minister (no swearing or racism ) but you cannot shout Kean out ! Incredible ..

Disgusting and just one of the reasons I won't be going whilst Keans still at the club. In my opinion this is Agnews doing, he's playing the role of judge and jury, whatever happened to free speech?

'Freedom of speech'? Tou mean the cornerstone of democratic principle for which over countless centuries millions of people have lost their lives trying to implement or defend Gav?

.... BRFCS Admin/Moderators banned it a few years ago and the entire world appears to have followed suit. :P

He got done for driving under the influence so he clearly has a big problem in that regard.

I don't know the guy but the stories of partiality to wine and women have certainly reached my ears.

Perhaps his high wire act of silver tonguing will end with him tripping himself up and Mrs D not needing to make a decision. Anyone got that Manchester car park video?

I Heard about this awhile ago. Very daming if it comes forward.

It's a contentious issue but what do you expect security to do when everyone knows the sort of anger people feel towards Kean? You might not do anything stupid and harm him in any way, but all it takes is 1 idiot to attack him or worse, and how can anyone know that won't happen?

I don't know if they should kick you out of the stadium completely, but security is there to pre-empt any sort of attack that might occur.

Anyone here that's a metalhead will be familiar with Dimebag Darrell's shooting, where a disgruntled fan got on stage and shot him and several others dead. It's not something far out the realms of possibility unfortunately.

You are not wired up correctly

'Freedom of speech'? Tou mean the cornerstone of democratic principle for which over countless centuries millions of people have lost their lives trying to implement or defend Gav?

.... BRFCS Admin/Moderators banned it a few years ago and the entire world appears to have followed suit. :P

Contrary to popular belief, unlike the US, the is no legal right to free speech in the uk.

I had an interesting chat with a solicitor who has advised us on a few issues recently who actually thinks Kean/Venky's could have grounds to go after fans for harassment under the 1986 Public Order Act (section 4a). She pointed out anyone who goes after their own customers in this way would be nuts, but I pointed out that may not be as unlikely as it sounds.

This is true but is no reason for moderators to censor content like the People's Republic of China.

We don't censor indiscriminately, but we do have to uphold certain legal requirements as publishers (it's nuts we can be classed as publishers and can take some of the responsibility for what people post, although there is draft legislation in parliament to make posters responsible as long as we don't with hold their identities). In your case, we'd been tipped off we were being closely monitored for allowing/encouraging/facilitating illegal activities by protesters and you repeatedly, even after polite requests, wouldn't stop making post encouraging pitch invasions. It wasn't censorship because we objected to you views, it was to safeguard the site (and you and the protest movement as a whole) further conversations with Lancashire's finest.

Have you come across Exclusafe yet?

Exclusafe?

"The groups that we have can offer either, private jets, first rate event organisers, to FA football agents and lawyers, to organising that stay at a beautiful hotel"

What a strange organisation?

Lifestyle management?

Can someone explain why we are adding so much security for the worst manager in our history, wouldn't it be easier for them just to change the manager?

If fans are going to be ejected for chanting anti management chants then I'd suggest that the crowd just remain silent throughout the matches.

Stay seated and silent.

I notice that the ground regulations haven't been updated for this season yet on the official site.

Archived