BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/9479171/Steve-Kean-will-face-review-unless-Blackburn-gain-16-points-from-first-seven-Championship-games.html

So by my reckoning if we lose 2 from 7 Kean will be out, well, when I say "out" I mean "review", well when they say "review" they mean they'll pretend to review and then do nothing.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.telegraph...ship-games.html

So by my reckoning if we lose 2 from 7 Kean will be out, well, when I say "out" I mean "review", well when they say "review" they mean they'll pretend to review and then do nothing.

Does anybody know anything about the credibility and accuracy of Mark Ogdens reporting/sources?

Contrary to popular belief, unlike the US, the is no legal right to free speech in the uk.

I had an interesting chat with a solicitor who has advised us on a few issues recently who actually thinks Kean/Venky's could have grounds to go after fans for harassment under the 1986 Public Order Act (section 4a). She pointed out anyone who goes after their own customers in this way would be nuts, but I pointed out that may not be as unlikely as it sounds.

Bring it on

• Backroom

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/9479171/Steve-Kean-will-face-review-unless-Blackburn-gain-16-points-from-first-seven-Championship-games.html

Almost correct Bob, except he'll probably end up with a new contract and a pay rise.

http://www.telegraph...ship-games.html

If there is any truth in that whatsoever then he is going. There is absolutely no chance we will get 16 points from the first 7 games.

Sadly the reality is he will be here next season when we get ready for our first game in League One.

I was ejected from Accy, not drunk, not aggressive, just about 6ft from Kean when I shouted "Kean out" - no swearing. Bodyguard number 2 and 5 bouncers literally pushed me out of the gate.

Sounds excessive but my advice would be not to stand so close to a man with bouncers whilst he is trying to do his job (as badly as you may feel he is doing it) and shout in his face. As I said though, excessive. If you have a problem it should be reported. I'd be unnerved if somebody stood so close to be and shouted that given the amount of abuse he has received so far. I would honestly not be surprised if he was attacked given the hatred towards him, not even taking into account the stupid things people do under the influence of alcohol.

It's a contentious issue but what do you expect security to do when everyone knows the sort of anger people feel towards Kean? You might not do anything stupid and harm him in any way, but all it takes is 1 idiot to attack him or worse, and how can anyone know that won't happen?

I don't know if they should kick you out of the stadium completely, but security is there to pre-empt any sort of attack that might occur.

Anyone here that's a metalhead will be familiar with Dimebag Darrell's shooting, where a disgruntled fan got on stage and shot him and several others dead. It's not something far out the realms of possibility unfortunately.

Indeed. Obviously the chances of a shooting would be exceptionally miniscule, but a decent assault if his bodyguards weren't there is certainly possible and I would not be surprised at all. I honestly see it as becoming more and more likely as time goes on.

And there's me thinking Rovers went down because Kean is a crap manager. Why don't we play all our home games in an empty stadium then we will be nailed on promotion candidates

If the fans behave the same way this season I'd wouldn't be susprised to see us get an extra few wins over the course of an entire season. We're bedding players in and the fact they are Kean signings means I'm sure they'll get extra stick if their first showings are poor. Those kind of players need confidence and support and then they stand a chance of really delivering.

And of course there were many physical attacks on Kean in the stadium last year. To even insinuate that any Rovers fan is going to do something as ridiculous as that just shows how stupid you are.

It isn't ridiculous. There are plenty of idiots at every football game across the country and the level of hatred towards him makes it very possible. It's not necessarily an attack on Rovers fans, more the potential for it to happen anywhere being heightened thanks to the exceptional circumstances we are in. Recognising that doesn't make someone stupid.

At the end of the meeting on Saturday I shook Shebby's hand. I asked him if protests are allowed this season. He put his hands in the pray position and said, please don't protest.

Very polite of him, but I politely refuse not to!

He obviously understands how undermining it can be during the 90 minutes, so he's no fool on that respect.

FYI the fans gave as much support to the team as possible but not to Kean and venkys..the tipping point was the WBA + Bolton home games..but what about the players showing commitment, passion , etc or Kean for that matter because Bolton away + onwards we saw nothing , nil ,zilch.. Swansea +spurs away was an utter disgrace and an insult by the players and management of BRFC to the fans...

So the fans gave up supporting like the players gave up playing? Both at fault? I know who 'should' care the most. The ones that love the club through thick and thin.

People last season seemed happy to cut off their nose to spite their face. We now have no nose and the face isn't anywhere near as bothered than you want it to be.

It is just too painful to be associated with Rovers now.

Then a cretin like Miker posts the garbage he wrote about shooting.

Feel free to disassociate yourself then.

I expect zero complaints from you both then if that does indeed happen. You are welcome to sit back and be smug but there's no point feigning annoyance to add to the negativity as it'll all be going well for you.

I expect zero complaints from you both then if that does indeed happen. You are welcome to sit back and be smug but there's no point feigning annoyance to add to the negativity as it'll all be going well for you.

have you been on the alphabet soup again?

The head steward I mentioned said he was winding me up about them being advised to eject anyone with Kean out chants.

But he did say they were told we have sold just over 7k ST

So that was a whole load of time wasted with further consipracy theories and anger on here.

That's not me being annoyed at you by the way, I find it amusing when there is uproar for nothing from the usual suspects on here.

The head steward I mentioned said he was winding me up about them being advised to eject anyone with Kean out chants.

But he did say they were told we have sold just over 7k ST

I have also been told off a senior steward that it is not the case and we wont get chucked out for chanting Kean Out.

So that was a whole load of time wasted with further consipracy theories and anger on here.

I know what you mean bradders, it can drive you mad. I'm sure it was reported elsewhere as well though? Anyway, the best bet is to get yourself off on holiday, miss the start of the season and try to forget all about it.

I know what you mean bradders, it can drive you mad. I'm sure it was reported elsewhere as well though? Anyway, the best bet is to get yourself off on holiday, miss the start of the season and try to forget all about it.

Except the rest of what I said in that post showed it didn't drive me mad and instead rather amused me. All these "facts" flying around. Or unsubstantiated possibilities that are taken as pretty much nailed on.

I won't be forgetting all about it at all. This board maybe, but not my beloved team.

That's not me being annoyed at you by the way, I find it amusing when there is uproar for nothing from the usual suspects on here.

People have already been ejected from the ground for chanting Kean Out, that's no conspiracy.

By the way you say it was time wasted but then you say it amused you. Don't beat yourself up about enjoying other people's misery. Whatever turns you on, just make sure to close the curtains or you'll be joining your boy Keano in court.

I won't be forgetting all about it at all. This board maybe, but not my beloved team.

Good man, you get behind Keano and the boys from your holidays in France. Don't come bleating on here though when you get back if we don't win those home matches while your away, your support may well have made the difference and shaped the entire season.

People have already been ejected from the ground for chanting Kean Out, that's no conspiracy.

By the way you say it was time wasted but then you say it amused you. Don't beat yourself up about enjoying other people's misery. Whatever turns you on, just make sure to close the curtains or you'll be joining your boy Keano in court.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense as beating yourself up in your own home isn't a criminal offence and I don't intend on doing it.

But ok, thanks for your words of wisdom.

Good man, you get behind Keano and the boys from your holidays in France. Don't come bleating on here though when you get back if we don't win those home matches while your away, your support may well have made the difference and shaped the entire season.

Indeed, and for that I'm annoyed that I can't be there cheering the lads on. You'll have to agree though that there is a difference between myself not being there and abuse from the stands for a season being there. But I take your point and I'm gutted I won't be there.

Archived