BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

Are you one of the few that referred to themselves as "the ONLY TRUE fans"? If so then I was referring to you....if not then I wasn't.

I take grave exception to being told I am not a true fan simply because so far (this season only) I choose not to renew my S/T after 66 years of continous support, and I have said many times now that as soon as my club is cleansed of the parasites that are destoying it I WILL BE BACK. But in the meantime I will not give them a single penny of my money.

Yes Fife, 58 years ago I attended my first Rovers game, last year was my last under these horrible people!!

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't at the match last night however viewed pictures of empty seats, lack of sponsors, no shirt sponsor and of course that lying, arrogant b-starD in the dugout.

It finally hit home the sheer destruction that has been done to our club, very upsetting - I also felt today a sense of defeat in that we are going to be subject for punishment for a long time yet.

The situation is, that this board has become a finishing school for Grumpy Old Men. There are more posts about how long people have supported Rovers, and the good old days, than those suggesting that fans get behind the team and hopefully see them promoted.

The situation is, that this board has become a finishing school for Grumpy Old Men. There are more posts about how long people have supported Rovers, and the good old days, than those suggesting that fans get behind the team and hopefully see them promoted.

That's because those who have watched football long enough know that under the current setup that is not going to happen. The club is only going to get damaged more and more until we get proper people running the team and the club on a day to day basis. Get behind the team all you want but that will not change and the situation at the moment just hurts. I'm certainly not paying money and giving up 5 hours of my afternoon to to intensify that hurt.

If you can't learn from past mistakes then you are going to make them over and over again.

We have witnessed more mistakes in the last twenty months than have occurred in the last twnty years.

If you can't see that then I'd suggest that you are deliberatly ignoring the current situation.

All that people want is for the club to be put back into the situation where it was viewed as one of the best run clubs in the country, dare I say the world, regardless of the division it's in.

There is no business or football logic.

Demonstrated by the employment of Shebby Singh who's been sent over here as a representative of the owners, to try to find out the reality of what's happening on the football side of things. Two points on that - they have had plenty of people at the club who tried to tell them the reality of the situation and Venky's got rid of them. Second point is that the decision to send Shebby here was likely a committee decision simply because the owners can't come to any decisions themselves.

Ah sing your hearts out for the lads eh?

What a lot of people are posting about is borne out of frustration at seeing OUR club systematically destroyed for no apparent reason. From the tone of your post I would guess you are relatively young - perhaps too young to have travelled to the likes of Halifax, Bradford, Wrexham and other uninviting and uninspiring places. Under the current set up there is more chance of visiting similar places to these than going back to Old Trafford and The Emirates.

Therein lies the frustration and sometimes anger.

Yes I'm a Grumpty Old Man but I can empathise with you and through decreasing brain cells vaguely recall my days as a snot nosed pimply kid. The Good Old Days.

Is Elvis still living in Tockholes?

The supporters do get behind the team, they dont get behind coco, theres' no room anyway, to many groupies

Only 53 posts in three and a half years have you been hiding in the treacle mines?

The problem in this country is that if anyone questions any plan they are immediately accused of being 'negative' no matter how rational their point of view may be. This is the way that people hide their incompetence or ability to deliver or the madness of any suggestions. We see it all the time particulary in politics and sport.

A good example is people questioning the ability to deliver the Olympics to the initial budget of £2.3bn were vilified as spoilsports etc. The latest estimate is £9.5bn and could end up £12.5bn. No mater how successful the event may be viewed what else could we have done with £10bn or £12bn.

In most cases the 'sceptics' are proved to be right in the long term.

As for Rovers I fear that everything is going to end in tears.

So be positive if you want to be there is nothing wrong with that. However I will remain a realist, which means I am a negative grumpy old man. Lets see who turns out to be right in the long run.

Why do Grumpy Old Men seem to think that those who want to be positive about the Rovers are young? I'm not young, but not grumpy and am always positive about my team and, yes, I have watched them home and away in all divisions they have played in. So to the cynics posting after my comment earlier today, be careful what you assume.

Why do Grumpy Old Men seem to think that those who want to be positive about the Rovers are young? I'm not young, but not grumpy and am always positive about my team and, yes, I have watched them home and away in all divisions they have played in. So to the cynics posting after my comment earlier today, be careful what you assume.

Don't assume that all the 'grumpy' men are old.

The more supportive ones have been scared/bored away from here.

I am extremely supportive. That is why I am so grumpy.

On a serious note, I have heard the first rational explanation of what has happened at Rovers which doesn't involve criminal activity and only vaguely breaks the rule book.

Not only am I bound not to share it but if it is true it makes Venky's look like absolute planks and Kean would get chased out of town even faster than he would do if the criminal theory is true. So don't expect this one to be confirmed any time soon.

It shifts even more of the blame for the disintegration of Rovers' management and last season's relegation onto Kean who wilfully blocked any attempts at rescuing our Premier League status if true.

On a serious note, I have heard the first rational explanation of what has happened at Rovers which doesn't involve criminal activity and only vaguely breaks the rule book.

Not only am I bound not to share it but if it is true it makes Venky's look like absolute planks and Kean would get chased out of town even faster than he would do if the criminal theory is true. So don't expect this one to be confirmed any time soon.

It shifts even more of the blame for the disintegration of Rovers' management and last season's relegation onto Kean who wilfully blocked prevented any attempts at rescuing our Premier League status if true.

When you say vaguely breaks the rule book. Would it be enough to bring punishment onto either Venkys, Kean or the club?

It shifts even more of the blame for the disintegration of Rovers' management and last season's relegation onto Kean who wilfully blocked any attempts at rescuing our Premier League status if true.

If as you say Kean wilfully blocked attempts to rescue our Premier League status how can that only be deemed to "only vaguely break the rule book"

Who will chase Kean out of town?

Why can't it be acted upon anytime soon?

So he was falling out with, dropping, freezing out players left right and centre and basically stamping his little feet just to get his own way despite it weakening the team and club in it's relegation fight. Putting himself first because he has no strength of management or clue how to operate other than sneaking around. These things were pretty common knowledge behind the scenes im led to believe. Sadly there are no rules for this kind of mismanagement when you've no one to answer to :(

Archived