BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

Crowd is those who purchased tickets. Not actual attendance.

I thought this myth had been debunked recently.

I could have sworn I read that Rovers only report the turnstyle-based attendance.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a non renewer. I did though go on the Hull match out of curiosity. I actually got 5 tickets as nieghbours of mine( not Rovers fans) wanted to go on.

The queues at the pre paid collection point & the on the day purchases were as big as I've seen in years.

It appears there were plenty testing the water.

What I got for my £22.

The football was woeful.

The atmosphere was weird.

Kean was making me feel sick just looking at him.

Radius security looking menacing.

The realisation that it's going to be a long haul to get our Rovers back.

Not being funny but what exactly were you expecting?

If you want something different to happen..... you have to do something different.

I thought this myth had been debunked recently.

I could have sworn I read that Rovers only report the turnstyle-based attendance.

I posted this tweet in the Hull City thread:

Simon Fish@SimonJohnFish

@pedebumchin @OneRovers Out of interest, if a Season Ticket holder doesn't actually attend the game, are they included in the gate?

Blackburn Rovers@OneRovers

@SimonJohnFish No, some clubs do include but we've had it as a policy for yrs to only include those that walk through the gate @pedebumchin

That's rubbish, the club DO count tickets sold and not actual attendance and I'll tell you why.

When we played West Ham in Kean's first game the weather was appalling and the ground was much emptier than it had been all season- the crowd was still given as 20+ thousand.

That's rubbish, the club DO count tickets sold and not actual attendance and I'll tell you why.

When we played West Ham in Kean's first game the weather was appalling and the ground was much emptier than it had been all season- the crowd was still given as 20+ thousand.

Correct, about 1k West Ham and seriously no more than 15 thousand in the rest of the ground. Remember it well as 5 regulars around me at the time in the riverside were abscent, a combo of the weather and the treatment of BS. Crowd was given as 21/22k ish i think.

GK Paul Robinson 2 DF Bradley Orr 3 DF Martin Olsson 5 DF Gaël Givet 6 MF Jason Lowe 7 MF Fábio Nunes 8 MF David Dunn 9 FW Leon Best 10 MF Mauro Formica 12 MF Morten Gamst Pedersen 13 MF Danny Murphy (Captain[36]) 14 MF Marcus Olsson 16 DF Scott Dann 17 MF Paulo Jorge 18 MF Dickson Etuhu 19 FW Edinho Júnior No. Position Player 21 FW Nuno Gomes 22 FW Jordan Rhodes 23 FW Rubén Rochina 24 DF Josh Morris 25 FW David Goodwillie 26 MF Raheem Hanley 27 DF Adam Henley 30 GK Sebastian Usai 31 DF Grant Hanley 32 DF Bruno Ribeiro 33 MF Simon Vukčević 34

GK Jake Kean 36

MF Amine Linganzi 37

MF Robbie Cotton 39 FW Colin Kazim-Richards (on loan from Galatasaray)

With a team like that we can say goodbye to Usai if the pole comes and Linganzi whilst allowing Morris, Henley, Rochina, Edinho, Raheem Hanley and Cotton to get some good loan time out.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but this seemed the best place to post. Companies House was yesterday officially notified that Simon Hunt is no longer a director, similarily Mahesh Gupta and Vineeth Errabelly on the 17th August.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but this seemed the best place to post. Companies House was yesterday officially notified that Simon Hunt is no longer a director, similarily Mahesh Gupta and Vineeth Errabelly on the 17th August.

I remember the good old days when I knew who was running the club.

Interesting that no new names were added to the Directors list.

I would imagine the plan was to add the arrivals at the same time as the deletions....

Are the Venkys London accounts still outstanding?

I know that Coventry got in trouble with the FA for not filing their accounts in time, I'm not sure what the rules are with football parent companies.

The FA have strong rules on the filing of accounts and even stronger ones for illegalities ;)

So what is the situation?........

Latest snippet from my usualy reliable source.....

Family still a feuding it seems. Desai and Billy Liar drawn up on one side with Fat Boy Balaji and Shebby on the other.

Matters came to a head when party A were prepared to virtually write-off N'Zonzi by allowing him to go to Everton on loan because they could see no other way forward..... until the other party called in help in the form of The Fat Controller (rem him? He's the feller who very publically claims to have nothing to do with BRFC anymore. :glare: ) who rode in to Ewood with all guns blazing and got a 4m package out of Stoke at the 11th hour!

Make of that what you will but imo it seems the division is widening.

Agnew and Shaw registered as directors at Companies House yesterday.

Sad news, gobsmacking, but I guess you just have to laugh. The blind leading the blind.

Shaw is wealthy, but absolutely gormless. When at PNE under Bryan Gray (Baxi) with quality people in place at all levels, he was reluctantly afforded managerial responsibilities for the ticket office, stadium, crowd control, etc. to give him a title and standing to match his parking space. All of which ran seemlessly anyway. He was marginalised in all other areas. These positions were created in deference to his shares, loans and shirt sponsorhips to PNE over previous years. Director of Rovers now Derek? Well done indeed, I bet you genuinely can't believe your luck.

As for Agnew, well the kindest thing I can say is that there are many qualified and professional business people who would have jumped at the chance to be a director of the club and in normal recruiting processes, Agnew's CV would have been discarded well before interview stage.

I can only think these are empty positions, created for set purposes and the input from these individuals will be absolutely minimal.

In a power and communication vacuum, conjecture abounds, vested interests with agendas manipulate, fans argue.

Truth seems to lie on the axis of two extremes. On the one hand, there is the positive PR emanating from we all know where, presenting the upbeat face on transfers, money, games etc. On the other, there is the range of conspiracy theories from shady gangsters, ownership issues to asset stripping.

Perhaps we really are just caught in a web of familial squabbles and incompetence.

It’s not just the going down that’s criminal, it’s that the fabric of a club has been unravelled so quickly and easily that is so sad. To point out that this happens to many bigger clubs (Leeds etc) is no consolation, in fact, makes it worse. They went down due to poor leadership at all levels and were an object lesson to all other clubs. Sadly, the new regime at Rovers hadn’t learnt well.

So here we are. Many facts known and unpalatable. But as much as anything, swirling around in half-truths, unknowns, animosity, mistrust, job losses, loss of faith, depression, in-fighting and uncertainty.

Whatever bickering occurs on these boards, fans vote with their feet and their wallets. And the signals from that are very clear indeed.

Indian Rovers Supporters Group interview - http://www.brfcfans....pporters-group/

We love a good rumour on here, from the article:

The club was never a profit making tool and Venkys is not a company that has too much spare cash lying around. Several Damming rumors have surfaced lately which I will not speculate on but I will say that how can a restaurant with no customers show such high turnover?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Was going to start a thread similar to the above, but then remembered this one.

What IS the situation now with Kean gone? Are we out of the woods yet? Or are there more damning revelations to be expected relating to the ownership? I'm not after specifics, just want to know whether we can relax as supporters, or there is a further sh1t storm on the way....

Disclaimer: This isn't an invitation for Philipl to dangle even more carrots and play 'I know something you don't, but can't reveal et al'.

• Backroom

Just my personal opinion, but I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg. The situation with Kean, Jerome and our supposed owners was far too strange. No smoke without fire... something unusual has happened, though I'd rather not speculate as to what. I think it'll come out eventually.

• Moderation Lead

Just my personal opinion, but I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg. The situation with Kean, Jerome and our supposed owners was far too strange. No smoke without fire... something unusual has happened, though I'd rather not speculate as to what. I think it'll come out eventually.

This is my concern also. Far too many were keen(bad choice of word I know) on protecting themselves/issuing legal threats for things to be all above board to me.....

Archived