BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Hull City Home 12/13

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shall be there with my lad, same seats as last season. I'm looking forward to the night in a perverse kind of way. It will be strange going to a game without the slightest idea of the opposition's quality and what we should expect. I guess it will feel a bit like a cup game and will bring surprises along the way.

I don't know much about who we've signed, or let go for that matter, so the make up of the team will be interesting to discover. I haven't seen Satutday's team and don't know what to expect.

Like many the attendance interests me. I think more than 10,000 would be a result from the club's viewpoint. Below this would suggest the walk-ons have been lost as well.

In the JW Upper I expect to feel marooned on a desert island surrounded by swathes of empty seats. If that happens I think we might look to change stands for the next game and see how that feels.

Having suffered the indignity of being relegated with a squad perfectly capable of staying up last season, i spent the summer trying to find positives in our situation. I laughable task i realise!! Anyway, i reached the conclusion that this season, regardless of the side getting promoted or not, i was determined to try and enjoy a season when every single game was there to be won. No more parking 8-10 players behind the ball at places like Old Trafford or The Emirates. Each and every game this season should be possible to win. Our squad, even depleted, should be good enough to compete and have a real good go at getting 3 points every time they step out onto the turf. Saturday made me realise our esteemed manager doesn't think the same way i do!

To sit back and attempt to contain a poor Ipswich side and defend a one goal lead is a disgrace. Allardyce was fired for such tactics. Yet the bald eagle remains. This Wednesday i expect to see changes to the side. The nature of this league means it is important to shuffle your pack. I hope to see Formica dropped and Vuckevic come in for starters. But i already know i'll be disappointed on that front. I also hope to see more from Murphy in terms of getting the shape of the side right and moving our line higher up the pitch. I was under the impression this was his strongest attribute. The ability to 'manage' from the middle of the pitch. When things are going badly, spot it and rectify it. Because God knows we don't seem to get effective instruction from the sidelines in this regard!

So anyway, against Hull i hope to see us have a go. With season tickets down so much it is the responsibility of the side to put a show on at home. I appreciate many have declared abstinence until Kean is removed. But i also believe many will also return if the fare on offer is entertaining. However, i just cannot see us doing this. I think Hull will frustrate us and hit us on the break twice. We may nick a goal, but i can't see beyond a 1-2 defeat after Saturdays showing.

Please please do not go. Will never criticise any who do but please don't.

Attendance of 1000 will start to chgange things I promise.

I agree! Breaks my heart not going on Weds - (it will be only the second home game I have missed in last 10yrs or so) - but as you say, a low attendance will bring the change the vast majority of us crave!

So I wont be there and I also urge people to think long and hard about attending on Weds!

Dont feel good about this game but then when do I when Rovers line up at present. Any sane manager would bring Vuckevic in and probably Henley at LB. Not Steve. Also Maybe Nunes, the team Saturday was dying for some pace out wide.

1-1 again, 4 points dropped from 2 games. Which technically should mean that he's gone if we dont win our next 5. Yeah right.

I think we will probably win this one then plummet back to earth and loose easily to Leicester. That will be a sign of the way things will go this season, a constant mixed bag of results which will see this costly squad finish mid table under the clown prince. The thing is we will win v Hull whilst Venkys are in attendance in front of a sparse but non protesting crowd so they will toddle off back to India thinking all is well and won't bother about Rovers again until their next board meeting in about November !

3 - 1

12,075 att including around 8/9 hundered from Hull.

I shall be there with my lad, same seats as last season. I'm looking forward to the night in a perverse kind of way. It will be strange going to a game without the slightest idea of the opposition's quality and what we should expect. I guess it will feel a bit like a cup game and will bring surprises along the way.

I don't know much about who we've signed, or let go for that matter, so the make up of the team will be interesting to discover. I haven't seen Satutday's team and don't know what to expect.

Like many the attendance interests me. I think more than 10,000 would be a result from the club's viewpoint. Below this would suggest the walk-ons have been lost as well.

In the JW Upper I expect to feel marooned on a desert island surrounded by swathes of empty seats. If that happens I think we might look to change stands for the next game and see how that feels.

:tu: Don't worry Paul, apart from Wednesday, i'll be with you in the JW Upper!

Robbo

Orr - Dann - Givet - Lowe

Simon - Murphy - Etuhu - Nunes

Formica

Kazim

I think that is a team capable of beating Hull even with Kean. I thought Gomes was very poor even in his movement against Ipswich, couldn't keep the ball and couldn't link Kazim to the midfield. Formica runs, he links up play well and his movement in front of midfield is usually good.

We lacked any pace and I think Nunes and Vukcevic would be good enough to challenge any full backs in the league.

Etuhu will hopefully settle down because again I thought he was poor, looked nervous and gave the ball away too much. The booking didn't help but I think there will be more to come from him.

Kazim really impressed me as the man up top and if we're not gonna sign a new striker then him settling into the league and the team is vital.

Maybe asking for Vukcevic to play is too much and we'll possibly have to settle for Peds on one wing. I just hope we don't have to see Formica there again he's completely wasted.

2-1 Rovers with us having another ###### poor second half.

However if he starts the same team he did against Ipswich then 2-0 Hull. We won't create anything and 1-0 down at half time Kean will tell us to sit back and hit them on the counter only to concede again.

Kean out etc...

I swapped my ticketf form the BBE Upper as I imiagine it will be dead. I asked for central in the BBE lower and was very surprised to get probably 2 of the best seats in that stand. We are on the back row and smack bang in the middle of N03. I asked the lady in the office on Saturday about numbers and she wouldnt tell me and I said Ive heard its roughyl around 8000 and she just smirked. I think we will draw on Wed and the crowd will be around 10,000

20,530....our first home gate v Port Vale in this Division after being relegated in '99

The sad thing is a low attendance come Wednesday and our supporters will be labelled pathetic part timers by both the gloating media and opposition fans alike...you just know whats coming folks!

Maybe,just maybe they will see the truth and the real reason for the bad crowd behind all the lies for once......

20,530....our first home gate v Port Vale in this Division after being relegated in '99

The sad thing is a low attendance come Wednesday and our supporters will be labelled pathetic part timers by both the gloating media and opposition fans alike...you just know whats coming folks!

Maybe,just maybe they will see the truth and the real reason for the bad crowd behind all the lies for once......

Yes Garners you are quite right. We will be viewed as part-timers, PL glory hunters, etc and not true fans for jettisoning the club after relegation. It's all so predictable and boring. In fact slowly but surely, I am having the love for Rovers squeezed out of me drip by drip by this collection of parasites and something has to change soon for the good of the club and surrounding community.

Yes Garners you are quite right. We will be viewed as part-timers, PL glory hunters, etc and not true fans for jettisoning the club after relegation. It's all so predictable and boring. In fact slowly but surely, I am having the love for Rovers squeezed out of me drip by drip by this collection of parasites and something has to change soon for the good of the club and surrounding community.

Stay strong oojw surely things can only get better (he says praying he's right) :)

Well they can label us as that but after taking over 1,000 to Ipswich, we ourselves know it isn't true. If we sell out Leeds as well and keep on in the same vein, eventually the point will get through.

Well they can label us as that but after taking over 1,000 to Ipswich, we ourselves know it isn't true. If we sell out Leeds as well and keep on in the same vein, eventually the point will get through.

Totally agree , boycott home games , sell out away games thats the way to go

i think their will be closer to 15,000(depending on how many season ticket holders bother going down!), i booked a ticket online last night and it looked over a third full and i think their will be more buying tickets up until kickoff(ticket prices are quite low for this 1), main reason i have decided to go is just out of some-kind of perverse curiosity.

Archived