BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil Warnock would have quit in Kean's position...

“It’s difficult to be under the cosh like he has been.

“I need to be in a happy environment and I could not work otherwise.

‘‘If the fans here weren’t 120 per cent behind me then I’d be off like a shot.

“All managers face problems during their careers, that’s life, but if you listened to some of the phone-ins then you wouldn’t work anywhere.

‘‘There are always two or three people who can’t stand the manager – even if your team is top of the league.”

...Steve just doesn't give a stuff about what the fans think though.

Sadly I hate to say but I have my doubts whether coco will get the sack for a variety of reasons

1. Shebby has veen appointed DOF now when do clubs appoint a DOF? when they are struggling and when do DOF's ever fire football managers? never been done.

2. Shebby stated any new manager would have to come and work with him so what self respecting manager would come and work with a DOF? no-one.

3. Shebby stated he would quite like Alan Shearer to come now what do we know about Alan he has already turned the job down why would he entertain the gig now? because Shebby is DOF? not likely

4. We have heard Mrs D say many times we want to be 4th of 5th in the league and good football played it has definitely not been good football played and we have heard rumours on many occasions they have approached many managers Shearer, Holloway,Curbishley, Karl Robinson, Maradonna etc etc... how do we know they have not approached these managers and all of them have not turned us down?.

To conclude no other manager would accept working with a DOF they probably know bringing in Shebby would guarantee this and given the man has already backtracked leads me to believe he won't get sacked and they probably know that. I hope I'm proved wrong and I'm willing to give Shebby a chance to act on his promises but given the timing of appointing the DOF and the way clubs do these things it seems to point to him staying on and given that we'd all love a Holloway/ Curbs as manager would they honestly work under such a regime they would probably be asking for danger money I hope I'm proved wrong because as I have stated many times before the club is filled with poisonous people and the club will never move forward with coco in charge and they probably know it.

IMO I doubt that Rovers have approached any other Manager since Kean was appointed. Let's not forget that this cretin almost got us relegated in his first 6 months in charge. He then succeeded. The shambles that is Ewood is all about Kean. He gets Rovers promoted and he's a hero. Its all about the CV. Ask Myles.

Neil Warnock would have quit in Kean's position...

“It’s difficult to be under the cosh like he has been.

“I need to be in a happy environment and I could not work otherwise.

‘‘If the fans here weren’t 120 per cent behind me then I’d be off like a shot.

“All managers face problems during their careers, that’s life, but if you listened to some of the phone-ins then you wouldn’t work anywhere.

‘‘There are always two or three people who can’t stand the manager – even if your team is top of the league.”

...Steve just doesn't give a stuff about what the fans think though.

I know at least one Leeds fan who absolutely cannot stand the guy - and would even swap for Kean. Football fans, eh?

I know at least one Leeds fan who absolutely cannot stand the guy - and would even swap for Kean. Football fans, eh?

Anybody that would swap Kean for Warnock is a complete fool. He may be a prat but on managerial ability it is an insult to even compare them.

I don't like Warnock much, but he has got, what, five promotions in his career?

That's quite surprising. I didn't realise that Coyle's record was as bad to be honest.

However it's worth remembering that Coyle took over a club that was rooted in the relegation zone of the Premier League whereas Kean took over a safe, stable, mid-table Premier League club.

They both had a full season to accomplish their missions though.

Anybody that would swap Kean for Warnock is a complete fool. He may be a prat but on managerial ability it is an insult to even compare them.

And how many struggles and relegations though?

Perfect for promotions, not much good once he gets to the promised land.

:D Agreed!

I'm still trying to get my head around Colin's "ability" to sign Diouf - after all that went on following the match at Ewood against QPR.

If it is not a pantomime staged for the benefit of fans and press, the break down in relations between Kean and Singh will determine who goes and when.

Managers have mysteriously been disappeared in the past when their team was doing well and there would be nothing mysterious about Kean getting sacked.

Never mind winning the next 3, Kean can win the next 12 and still have a worse win percentage than Bruce had when Sunderland binned him for under-performing.

But every club is different. You should know that, Philipl.

Yes, indeed they are different, we are entirely different allowing the worst ever manager in our history to continue in a role of which he is incapable, how this transpires will obviously be known at some stage but in my opinion, Kean was not employed on ability or footballing reasons!!

!!!!

OMG

Everyone is aware that he isn't getting sacked, that Mrs Desai isn't going to come out and say much at all, never mind apologise, so to keep posting about it is just tedious. It's fine to discuss the reasons, though plenty on here is discussed with great weight behind it even without hard evidence (some of it does have evidence, of course) and it just get boring when the conspiracy theorists come out with ridiculous claims or keep posting the same things about getting an apology or Kean getting sacked based on previous goings on at Sunderland when it isn't going to happen.

!!!!

OMG

Everyone is aware that he isn't getting sacked, that Mrs Desai isn't going to come out and say much at all, never mind apologise, so to keep posting about it is just tedious. It's fine to discuss the reasons, though plenty on here is discussed with great weight behind it even without hard evidence (some of it does have evidence, of course) and it just get boring when the conspiracy theorists come out with ridiculous claims or keep posting the same things about getting an apology or Kean getting sacked based on previous goings on at Sunderland when it isn't going to happen.

Your post re-enforces the conspiracy theory.

Why is Kean not getting sacked?

Why isn't Mrs D not apologising?

The whole thing stinks of criminality if you look for any rational explanation.

Your post re-enforces the conspiracy theory.

Why is Kean not getting sacked?

Why isn't Mrs D not apologising?

The whole thing stinks of criminality if you look for any rational explanation.

Incompetence.

Go on, make a proper accusation.

You're probably right Braddock, but if the act of typing the truth that Kean and the Venkys lot are complete plums gets the frustration out of people's systems, then they may have a better day without having that buzzing in their head.

But false accusations, fans fighting and the fact that the frustration clearly isn't subsiding suggests perhaps it's not the healthiest thing for all on this board.

!!!!

OMG

As Phillip states, I reckon it all comes down to why Shebby's arrived and how much influence he has. There has been an apparent decrease of Kean's power since Shebby came on the scene.

!!!!

OMG

So why comment yourself. I simply stated that Singh adressed numerous fans and the media that he had a target set for Kean. That's not saying anything without evidence.

Whether it happens or not only time will tell but I can only go off what I have seen or heard

But false accusations, fans fighting and the fact that the frustration clearly isn't subsiding suggests perhaps it's not the healthiest thing for all on this board.

No false accusations have been made, in fact what has been stated quite clearly is this, if Keans appointment was not for footballing reasons, which it most certainly wasnt, then his appointment was for something else, now, what could it have been?

True, but I'd rather a person get it all out on the make-believe world of the internet, then go home and kick the dog, be in a bad mood with the kids or whatever. I do think it is a mix of sheer incompetence and some sort of manipulation and funny business that keeps Kean so secure. He defies gravity to such an extent that it does make you wonder sometimes.

Warnock gets them promoted first before facing the relegation battle.

Kean gets them relegated first before facing the promotion battle.

Bit of a difference.

Not really, like I said it doesn't take a great manager to get a team promoted from this division. Neither are Premier League standard managers

Archived