BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

The one thing that stands out above all else with this idiot is that he never ever seems to learn from his mistakes. He repeats them over and over again. An 8-year old would learn pretty quickly that if you continue to carry out a specific action which produces a negative outcome, then you must change something to produce a positive result.

This proves to me beyond all doubt that the guy is conman of the highest order.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Keano's contract had a relegation clause ala the players???

Rumour has it that it did.

Remember it well, diagonal runs when on the offensive and curved runs on the defensive!!

I do wonder if Keans Pro License was bought, cant see how the hell he got it with his lack of tactical nous and obvious coaching deficiencies!!

Our football authorities not being whiter than white ? Now there is a thought. As you have badges and know others who have, you will have a better insight than most !

The one thing that stands out above all else with this idiot is that he never ever seems to learn from his mistakes. He repeats them over and over again. An 8-year old would learn pretty quickly that if you continue to carry out a specific action which produces a negative outcome, then you must change something to produce a positive result.

This proves to me beyond all doubt that the guy is conman of the highest order.

Bingo!!

its like walking into a wall continually without looking for a way round it, never learns from his mistakes as I posted earlier, we dont press the ball high up the park, we play an inexperienced lightweight as a lone striker, right mid at left back etc. he did it last year and it failed and the year before!

There is a reason left footed players are at a premium, there arent too many of them, you need proper balance in your squad, people comfortable in the positions you play them, in my opinion, if I was buying a striker for lots of money, the first question I would ask is this, how would he fit into our style of play, it may be, however good he is, he may not be right for the team or you change the way you play to accomodate him, Kean will do none of those things, indeed at the moment a Roberts or a Heskey would add a better balance than most with the way Kean plays with one up top, at the moment the ball just comes straight back at us as the striker cant hold the ball up and we end up defending deep with the long ball the only option! If we are to play counter attacking football, you need lots of energy and pace, with the greatest respect, Murphy, Etuhu, Pederson, Goodwillie, Dunn and Gomez dont offer that!!

I am not saying I am 100% right but that is my opinion for what its worth.

You're right Kelbo.

The only thing I would add is to this point:

"if I was buying a striker for lots of money, the first question I would ask is this, how would he fit into our style of play".

This is the reason why it can never be right for agents to push players at managers and for the manager to accept it. The player has to fit into a plan.

"if I was buying a striker for lots of money, the first question I would ask is this, how would he fit into our style of play".

I'm not having a go at anyone here, this is a genuine question. What style of play is this then? If there is one could someone point it out to me please? As far as I can tell there's no pattern, no plan, nothing.

Where are the strengths in the team? Which players when they get on the ball make you go - "Here we go! They're (the opposition) in trouble now!". When was the last time there was a quick exchange of passes and we ran rings round the opposition?

There's no doubt in my mind that despite probably having little knowledge of football Strauss could do Kean's job a damn site better than him.

Hopefully they've decided to swap roles, I'd quite like to see Dale Steyn bowling at 90mph to Stevie Kean!

When it comes to pride, honour, integrity could there be two people of more polar opposites?

I'm not having a go at anyone here, this is a genuine question. What style of play is this then? If there is one could someone point it out to me please? As far as I can tell there's no pattern, no plan, nothing.

It's the same style of play that's used for every minute of every game Bob. Nothing changes does it?

Where are the strengths in the team? Which players when they get on the ball make you go - "Here we go! They're (the opposition) in trouble now!". When was the last time there was a quick exchange of passes and we ran rings round the opposition?

Personally, I've nicknamed it "Lemming football", I think it's rather apt.

So with today's record signing I am right in thinking we have spent in excess of 12 Million this Summer ?.......

MASSIVE pressure on Kean to deliver and NO excuses...just watch the wee man sweat post match interview now!! <_<

Oh I'm sure his little pet aggers will be drawing up the excuses for him to blurt out at Press conferences , In likely order - Supporters, Shebby, Black, players bedding in, foreign players settling in foreign country etc.

Its such a shame we cant spend some money on sacking the little fat, car park shagging, drink driving, back stabbing, trouble making, delusional ,sociopath.

Hope you have a good lawyer !

I guess that's the one positive (sorry!) about the situation. Has he now spent around £35m altogether? Surely that has to mean his time is limited if he doesn't get things right soon; even by Desai's reckoning!

So there should be three scenarios this season:

1. Promotion - Kean stays
  2. Calamitous non-promotion - Kean goes
  3. Near-promotion (play-off final) - Kean stays

Is it wrong to say I'm gunning for option 2? I dread number 1 as it doesn't really change things but I think number 3 is the most likely outcome.

I'll go for first part of No:2 and last part of No:1......... :(

So with today's record signing I am right in thinking we have spent in excess of 12 Million this Summer ?.......

MASSIVE pressure on Kean to deliver and NO excuses...just watch the wee man sweat post match interview now!! <_<

This is the only reason I'm showing any interest in the Rhodes signing, if he looses a couple now SG surely he'll be down the road, and I think that will start tomorrow.

Leeds will be after a scalp, we've hardly been impressive so far, strikes me as a loss in the making.

Just had an email from a mate who's a Leeds fan talking about Kean and the game tomorrow:

"I think Rovers fans have been quite kind considering. Some other clubs would've ripped him to pieces by now"

Not everyone buys the PR war being waged against the fans

Pressure is on him now more then ever before. He really can have no more excuses.

If/when we start a losing run he must go. If he doesn't then what more evidence do we need that there is something rotten in rovers.

If we are honest we have a decent team but not a team with a devine right to promotion.

A good manager is needed to put these players together.

Have the owners started to finally realise how a football club is run and will kean be held accountable?

Whatever happens I want ot start feeling happy when I see rovers play or be excited about an upcoming fixture.

Archived