BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I think Rovers fans have been quite kind considering. Some other clubs would've ripped him to pieces by now"

Too bleedin' right they would. Forty years ago he would have been lynched. Present-day Liverpool fans were screaming blue murder to get rid of Hodgson. Meanwhile our lame lot make appeasements for the manager such as 'get behind the team' and actually think fans were partly to blame for relegation. Kean is lucky to be managing a club with such "nice" fans.

Did they? Was there ever a 'Hodgson Out'? Or just the Kop and their away support chanting 'DALGLISH'.

Rovers fans have shouted for the blokes head for 12 months solid, completely unchartered territory.

Yes Matt, marches before the home games, leaflet drops, banners during the match etc.

Just one thing, shouldn't we all just give Venkys a little nod for spending big ?

Too bleedin' right they would. Forty years ago he would have been lynched. Present-day Liverpool fans were screaming blue murder to get rid of Hodgson. Meanwhile our lame lot make appeasements for the manager such as 'get behind the team' and actually think fans were partly to blame for relegation. Kean is lucky to be managing a club with such "nice" fans.

Completely.

To suggest that Kean has been victim to some kind of viscious hate campaign, or even moreso that the fans played absolutely any part in the side's relegation last year is beyond naive and laughable.

Completely.

To suggest that Kean has been victim to some kind of viscious hate campaign, or even moreso that the fans played absolutely any part in the side's relegation last year is beyond naive and laughable.

Agreed, I have had this said by people who appeared to be quite astute. As soon as this argument is presented I end the conversation.

Yes Matt, marches before the home games, leaflet drops, banners during the match etc.

Just one thing, shouldn't we all just give Venkys a little nod for spending big ?

Ok, but a massive kick up the arse for continuing with the numpty and ruining our football club!!

This is what I've argued with fans of other clubs and on comments sections on various newspaper websites. Kean hasn't been given that hard a time when you think of how bad he has been and for how long and when you compare what would of and has happened at other clubs. It's no where near as bad as its been made out to be and what it should have been.

I think, considering what has happened and his actions to date, Kean has got off very lightly.

At most other clubs, him and and the fat agent would have been hounded out - the media would have ripped into them too leaving them with no where to hide.

In our case, doesn't help when you have idiots in the local media like Kevin Gallacher acting like a thicko when he speaks/makes comments.

Kean has dealt with remarkably patiently by the fans.

Seeing as there has been a PR campaign directed against those fans by forces on Kean's side, I'm just surprised there haven't been incidents.

If this was Italy or Argentina, Kean would have been forceably removed from his position by the supporters.

I've been with scousers today blue and red season ticket holders and they both couldn't believe the stick we get.

And as for giving the dippers credit .I can NEVER forgive them for what they have done to us .. KOVO

I've been with scousers today blue and red season ticket holders and they both couldn't believe the stick we get.

And as for giving the dippers credit .I can NEVER forgive them for what they have done to us .. KOVO

I agree Abbs, just had a little glimmer that they'll actually get rid if this dick now they have committed heavier financially on a strategy that relies on us coming straight back up.

Kean spittin' knowledge before the Leeds match:

"It is a big game between two big clubs," said the Scotsman. "When you look at the stature of both clubs then I full expect both of us to be up there at the end of the season. The bookmakers certainly think so and they don't often get it wrong.

"It'll be a great game and a game where we can go into full of confidence after our solid start to the season. We are looking forward to this game."

Rovers go into the game unbeaten in the league with two wins and a draw, whilst Leeds defeated Wolverhampton Wanderers in their only home game to date so it certainly won't be easy for the Lancashire club.

"It'll be a proper atmosphere against a club that I think will be very strong at home this season," added Kean. "They'll be a tough nut to crack.

"But we've shown already, like on the first day of the season away at Ipswich, that we can go on the road and come back with points.

"That is our objective - to come back with points. If we can manage to get points on the road and then win our home games then we'll be close to two points per game, and if we have that all the way throughout the season then you are going to be in a very strong position."

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/kean-a-big-game-between-two-big-clubs-345582.aspx

"It is a big game between two big clubs," said the Scotsman. "When you look at the stature of both clubs then I full expect both of us to be up there at the end of the season. The bookmakers certainly think so and they don't often get it wrong.

"It'll be a great game and a game where we can go into full of confidence after our solid start to the season. We are looking forward to this game."

Rovers go into the game unbeaten in the league with two wins and a draw, whilst Leeds defeated Wolverhampton Wanderers in their only home game to date so it certainly won't be easy for the Lancashire club.

"It'll be a proper atmosphere against a club that I think will be very strong at home this season," added Kean. "They'll be a tough nut to crack.

"But we've shown already, like on the first day of the season away at Ipswich, that we can go on the road and come back with points.

"That is our objective - to come back with points. If we can manage to get points on the road and then win our home games then we'll be close to two points per game, and if we have that all the way throughout the season then you are going to be in a very strong position."

http://www.rovers.co...ubs-345582.aspx

This reminds me of the Ince writings, SHOOT!!!

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/kean-a-big-game-between-two-big-clubs-345582.aspx

So the subtext of what he's saying is that we're setting up to get draws away ( which is backed up by the Ipswich performance ).

Complete plank.

KEANSCUMS Rovers employment (IMO) is coming to an end. The pressure of a couple of losses may well come home to roost for the little scottish gimp especially of Dirty Leeds puit a few past us. He cant have anyexcuses, the club has spent big on a forward, the club has a dearth of midfield players YET it has NOT strenghtned the defence, the one area of the plyign side that needed looking at. We might score goals but we will always concede.

KEANSCUM OUT

I think this division is so poor evidenced by the fact that we have 8 points when we have been so poor

Even Kean will get us out of this division and he will be rewarded with a spanking new 3 year contract.

I think this division is so poor evidenced by the fact that we have 8 points when we have been so poor

Even Kean will get us out of this division and he will be rewarded with a spanking new 3 year contract.

No he wont Mercerman. We conceded 3 today from a position of strength - and apparently it could have been at least twice that.

Archived