BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been implied many times that Kean has the favour of the playing squad. Well, i'm never too comfortable with that to begin with. I like a manger to be the boss and keep a suitable distance from his employees - ie his players. However, if Kean wants to do the whole pally pally thing, then at least do it properly. I'm tired of seeing this rotund, suited idiot soulessly celebrate with our players when the momonet calls for it. If we have to have a player hugging manager then give me Di Canio any day. That bloke says what he thinks and does what he wants. He gets a team spirit going and is reaping the rewards. I doubt how far it'll ultimately take him, but he is streets ahead of Kean with his little legs, large suit and plastic player embraces.

It has been implied many times that Kean has the favour of the playing squad. Well, i'm never too comfortable with that to begin with. I like a manger to be the boss and keep a suitable distance from his employees - ie his players. However, if Kean wants to do the whole pally pally thing, then at least do it properly. I'm tired of seeing this rotund, suited idiot soulessly celebrate with our players when the momonet calls for it. If we have to have a player hugging manager then give me Di Canio any day. That bloke says what he thinks and does what he wants. He gets a team spirit going and is reaping the rewards. I doubt how far it'll ultimately take him, but he is streets ahead of Kean with his little legs, large suit and plastic player embraces.

Absolutely! Did anyone see his teamtalk just before the 2nd period of ET against Stoke on SSN tonite? Absolutely outstanding! Passion, organisation, direction! Everything our slimeball hasn't got in his locker!

I too am concerned that he's going to end up surviving on a few decent results, simply because our squad is so much stronger than most of the league!

Ok, my tin hat is on. 

Firstly, I will start by saying that I want Kean out as much as anyone. I am embarassed by what has happened to the club.

I think we are stuck in a stalemate. The 'Kean Out' chants are only going to cement his position at the club. I think it's time to focus on Venkys with chants of "What want answers", "Are you watching Mrs Desai?", "Where have all the fans gone?".

My prediction is that Kean's Rovers will finish 4th-10th with a squad that should win it outright.

Absolutely! Did anyone see his teamtalk just before the 2nd period of ET against Stoke on SSN tonite? Absolutely outstanding! Passion, organisation, direction! Everything our slimeball hasn't got in his locker!

I too am concerned that he's going to end up surviving on a few decent results, simply because our squad is so much stronger than most of the league!

But is the squad stronger than most of the League? I can't see that, all I see outside his strongest 11 are too many untried, unproven and some that will never be good enough. The squad is disjointed and unbalanced. My idea of a strong squad is having two competent players for each position.

But is the squad stronger than most of the League? I can't see that, all I see outside his strongest 11 are too many untried, unproven and some that will never be good enough. The squad is disjointed and unbalanced. My idea of a strong squad is having two competent players for each position.

We dont have 2 for each position but we do have half a squad of attacking midfielders.. lost jnr so Kean is over compensating again..

Overall though we do have some good quality players imo.. especially if they settle.

Robinson, Givet, Hanley, Murphy(who has been poor so far), Etuhu, Simon, Formica, Rochina, Martin Olsson, Gomes, Best, Khazim are all pretty decent and when compaired to other championship teams we should be pretty strong... the problem is we have the worlds most useless manager organising them (or not organising them as the case may be).

Ok, my tin hat is on.

Firstly, I will start by saying that I want Kean out as much as anyone. I am embarassed by what has happened to the club.

I think we are stuck in a stalemate. The 'Kean Out' chants are only going to cement his position at the club. I think it's time to focus on Venkys with chants of "What want answers", "Are you watching Mrs Desai?", "Where have all the fans gone?".

My prediction is that Kean's Rovers will finish 4th-10th with a squad that should win it outright.

How about:

Stevie Kean is magic,

he wears a magic hat.

Despite him losing loads of games,

he never gets the sack.

Now we're in the Championship

Still playing really crap,

Stevie stands there smug as ferk,

The lying, two-faced tw**

...Not too family friendly I know but gets the point accross.

I’m not going to have a go at him for last nights defeat, as results have shown it can happen to anyone at this stage of the competition, but it does show a lack of quality in the current squad if anyone was in any doubt about that.

The league is where is happening and whilst I believe we’re a mid-table championship side at best, I’ll let that one unfold to be proven right or wrong, the cup is just a side show.

KEAN OUT

We dont have 2 for each position but we do have half a squad of attacking midfielders.. lost jnr so Kean is over compensating again..

Overall though we do have some good quality players imo.. especially if they settle.

Robinson, Givet, Hanley, Murphy(who has been poor so far), Etuhu, Simon, Formica, Rochina, Martin Olsson, Gomes, Best, Khazim are all pretty decent and when compaired to other championship teams we should be pretty strong... the problem is we have the worlds most useless manager organising them (or not organising them as the case may be).

Out of the players you mention I don't personally think that Hanley, Formica and Rochina are consistent enough and Simon doesn't get any game time. Martin Olsson could be gone any day now and Gomes and Murphy are 35+. Loss of form, injuries and suspensions will, I think prove how weak overall the squad is.

Out of the players you mention I don't personally think that Hanley, Formica and Rochina are consistent enough and Simon doesn't get any game time. Martin Olsson could be gone any day now and Gomes and Murphy are 35+. Loss of form, injuries and suspensions will, I think prove how weak overall the squad is.

You're right Arbitro. It's ok spinning a list of names about, but a good squad has many things - experience in the league it's playing in, pace, strength, creativity, width, leadership, resilience etc, etc. Which of these qualities does our squad have?

Blackburn boss Steve Kean: "I never thought we played well, I felt that we were a little bit predictable in the end.

Predictable, no ######, hence why I bet on MK dons. Won't get better odds all season.

"The ball wasn't sticking from the front and it was difficult for young Edinho because he's not got the physical presence yet, but he was working his socks off.

So you played someone you knew wasn't capable of doing the job you wanted?

"I think we could have helped him a bit more by, when the ball was going up to him, giving him an angle that he could get onto that wasn't a straight one. Not making straight runs etc is part of the B-licence and your meant to have your Pro-licence???? Although given your track record with us I make an assumption over how you got it.

Again surely you should know that and it should be part of the match preperation? Oh and yes angles are not straight, well done.

"Obviously we made a few changes because the older players in the squad, by the time we get to Saturday, if they had played it would have been five games in 14 days.

5 games in 14 days, bless. That's hardly a lot these days we had more or less the same last year. And yet you obviously don't have them up to the standard required to do so.

"So it was an opportunity for some players who have not played as many minutes as others to get the chance and it was up to them to take it."

No, it was an opportunity for you to win a match. Something you seem to shy away from.

I know of 2 season ticket holders that have packed in already after the opening 3 games, and I know of 1 more on this site who is thinking of doing the same.

Riding high in the league, 7 points from 9, speaks volumes.

I’m not going to have a go at him for last nights defeat, as results have shown it can happen to anyone at this stage of the competition, but it does show a lack of quality in the current squad if anyone was in any doubt about that.

The league is where is happening and whilst I believe we’re a mid-table championship side at best, I’ll let that one unfold to be proven right or wrong, the cup is just a side show.

KEAN OUT

Not sure I agree Gav. Even with the decimation of our previous squad I still think we've got a squad capable of walking this league, if we just had a decent manager. At this level we could find a proven manager that would come to us (Dave Jones, Ian Holloway etc), Murphy and Etuhu if used correctly would be the best midfield partnership in the league, and Rochina, Vukcevic and Goodwillie, with the addition of Rhodes, would create and score plenty.

Defensively Dann, Givet and Hanley should hold their own no problem, and Robinson is far too good for the Championship. All we are missing is decent organisation and a manager with an intelligence level somewhere above that of your average reality TV star. Is that really too much to ask for?

If we keep him much longer we will get to a point of no return. We're not there yet, we just have to pray they act before we arrive at our final destination.

Not sure I agree Gav. Even with the decimation of our previous squad I still think we've got a squad capable of walking this league, if we just had a decent manager. At this level we could find a proven manager that would come to us (Dave Jones, Ian Holloway etc), Murphy and Etuhu if used correctly would be the best midfield partnership in the league, and Rochina, Vukcevic and Goodwillie, with the addition of Rhodes, would create and score plenty.

Defensively Dann, Givet and Hanley should hold their own no problem, and Robinson is far too good for the Championship. All we are missing is decent organisation and a manager with an intelligence level somewhere above that of your average reality TV star. Is that really too much to ask for?

If we keep him much longer we will get to a point of no return. We're not there yet, we just have to pray they act before we arrive at our final destination.

Lets hope we get a decent manager to test out the thoery T4E.

I just can't imagine anyone but Kean as manager - for a start, if we ever to make a change, who would do the interview process, hillbilly life long fan Agnew, PNE Shaw, student of the game Shebby??

The transfer window is just about to finish so any new manager would take a look at the squad and probably wonder why all the random Portuguese (young) players. Plus any normal manager would not like interference in football matters especially from some weirdo like Singh.

Really is a comedy show at Ewood these days.

Blackburn boss Steve Kean: "I never thought we played well, I felt that we were a little bit predictable in the end.

Predictable, no ######, hence why I bet on MK dons. Won't get better odds all season.

"The ball wasn't sticking from the front and it was difficult for young Edinho because he's not got the physical presence yet, but he was working his socks off.

So you played someone you knew wasn't capable of doing the job you wanted?

"I think we could have helped him a bit more by, when the ball was going up to him, giving him an angle that he could get onto that wasn't a straight one. Not making straight runs etc is part of the B-licence and your meant to have your Pro-licence???? Although given your track record with us I make an assumption over how you got it.

Again surely you should know that and it should be part of the match preperation? Oh and yes angles are not straight, well done.

"Obviously we made a few changes because the older players in the squad, by the time we get to Saturday, if they had played it would have been five games in 14 days.

5 games in 14 days, bless. That's hardly a lot these days we had more or less the same last year. And yet you obviously don't have them up to the standard required to do so.

"So it was an opportunity for some players who have not played as many minutes as others to get the chance and it was up to them to take it."

No, it was an opportunity for you to win a match. Something you seem to shy away from.

Remember it well, diagonal runs when on the offensive and curved runs on the defensive!!

I do wonder if Keans Pro License was bought, cant see how the hell he got it with his lack of tactical nous and obvious coaching deficiencies!!

Archived