BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

The games continue, Kean def covering his back, can't believe he came out with these comments in public - what a ****.

They were just discussing it on sports tonight, said Kean is clearly worried about his job and Shebby perhaps wants the top job.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My worry here is that Kean will definitely run with the whole 'I didn't sign any of these players' story when we start losing matches and I'm sure Venkys will lap it up.

I read the story on the Guardian website and ran into this. Its a year old but it feels like yesterday.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/26/blackburn-rovers-champions-league?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

Exactly.

Also Kean is reputedly well up the Special One's back passage, figuratively speaking...

Oh yes, but I did think that was to continue to ride the gravy train for a little while longer. After today, however, I can't see Shebby being too pleased IF everything is as it SEEMS.

His words today just seem like a childish way of saying "he did it, it's all his fault!"

I remember the last time cliques formed in this club. It cost Roy Hodgson his job, and we were relegated then too.

Kean getting slated on sports tonight, brilliant!!! To quote Leroy Rosenior et al

Obviously he is not a very good manager

Grave suspicions about how he got the job

What he did to Big Sam was out of order

The fans will never accept him.

There is no way Kean's comments about the Portuguese players go in his favour.

He is either saying "if you want a Manager to walk all over, I'm your guy", or

"this is my excuse when I rightly get sacked".

Given the link to his old boss, I don't believe Kean for a minute.

But who is signing off these transfers at Venkys? whatever the position with who brought them here presumably somebody is agreeing to fund their wages.What actually is the crack with this internal warfare of 2 halves of the club trying to rubbish each other??

2 minutes agao i was reading about possible job losses at the Club so if money is tight how come we are letting complete no hopers join the ranks -and we are not talking about an odd one here.Theres a weekly drop off from Portugal. Somebody is behind this and if they are never going to play its not the kind of statement a manager would make if he was supposedly lining his pockets from the deals is it???

Cast your minds back to Kean's first window. I'd wager good money on Kean not having seen more than one of Formica, JJ & Rochina in live action.

He did see Myles Anderson in live action (training) so on that basis, IMO, his judgement stinks.

IMO, Kean is an absolute moron who has destroyed our club and simply plays the tune that serves his needs.

Cast your minds back to Kean's first window. I'd wager good money on Kean not having seen more than one of Formica, JJ & Rochina in live action.

He did see Myles Anderson in live action (training) so on that basis, IMO, his judgement stinks.

IMO, Kean is an absolute moron who has destroyed our club and simply plays the tune that serves his needs.

Exactly and a poor coach to boot, he cant progress footballers, he cant set up or organise a team, he is tactically inept and in my opinion a rogue milking our football club in the pretext of being a manager!

Personally, I don't see a problem with what Kean is saying about the signing of new players. He is merely confirming what Shebby has already said on numerous occasions and that is that Venky's are clearly operating a system with a director of football buying the players - Shebby - and a coach to select the team and tactics from the players he has been given - Kean.

Shebby has already said that this system will continue and that any new manager would have to work under him. Kean is clearly prepared to do this, as are countless other managers across Europe and although it may be fairly new in this country it is a system that has worked well enough in other countries. The problem will come when we try to find an experienced manager from this country who is prepared to accept these working conditions. Shebby clearly believes these players are good enough and in that respect it is his judgement that is on the line. This system means that Shebby and Kean either swim together or sink together.

Personally, I don't see a problem with what Kean is saying about the signing of new players. He is merely confirming what Shebby has already said on numerous occasions and that is that Venky's are clearly operating a system with a director of football buying the players - Shebby - and a coach to select the team and tactics from the players he has been given - Kean.

Shebby has already said that this system will continue and that any new manager would have to work under him. Kean is clearly prepared to do this, as are countless other managers across Europe and although it may be fairly new in this country it is a system that has worked well enough in other countries. The problem will come when we try to find an experienced manager from this country who is prepared to accept these working conditions. Shebby clearly believes these players are good enough and in that respect it is his judgement that is on the line. This system means that Shebby and Kean either swim together or sink together.

No way -they want each other out of the way from what i see and read.Lets hope Shebbys judgement is better than we have seen from him so far.The bloke should work at Billy Smarts. Ok , right -he already does.

Was just posting something similar. But I don't think they would both sink. The way I read this is that Singh is trusted to buy 'quality' players and Kean has to work his magic. If he can't, get a manger who can?

Video from today of our leader, looking relaxed and talking crisply - http://www.sportingl...ean-on-signings

I can't get over the fact that Kean keeps a straight face while being asked if Shebby has learnt that he cant say certain things at a football club, during an interview where Kean is blaming Shebby in the exact same way. The club is being made to look more and more stupid everytime someone speaks.

What puzzles me most is that posters are quick to label Kean as a liar, yet are sucked in by his lines to the press. Every interview the man does is different to the next one nothing ever adds up. He was happy to take the credit for the signing of Rhodes last week when he spoke to the press, what changed? The "known" players aren't a problem whoever has bought them, but the Portuguese department of Rovers is what worries me. Has anyone seen these players live?

I haven't seen a good example of the DoF role working in the uk. The closest is probably Levy and Redknapp, but even then Harry gave Levy a list to work on and Levy did the chasing and signing.

I cannot see any manager of note putting up with Shebby signing the players, and him being the fall guy if the players aren't up to it. As for relying on Keans tactics, well that's one of the major problems.

I think Kean is signalling he is close to the exit.

It's all about opinions but I think you are wrong on this Philip.

I still believe Kean is too dog at Ewood, with Singh being made to look foolish. It's already working too. Only this evening a fellow Rovers fan was gobsmacked that Kean hadn't seen these new players live. As though Singh was the one causing problems.

It's as though Kean is playing out some kind of football soap opera with media savvy fixers planting stories for him - with supporters falling for it time after time - applying logic that has long since been proven false: "I'm not defending/supporting/sympathising with Kean but how could anyone work under those conditions?"

From the video:

Shebby has seen the players play

Kean hasn't

They have organised a practice game for Kean to watch them

Kean has to develop them and integrate them into the 1st team squad

Shebby was also watching the practise match

I think Kean is signalling he is close to the exit.

Even if Kean does own 5% of the club, his ownership is not registered anywhere so Balaji can wave the V sign at him and Kean is powerless to do anything about it.

They could have done that anyway, and he'd be unable to say or do anything without going down himself.

I haven't seen a good example of the DoF role working in the uk. The closest is probably Levy and Redknapp, but even then Harry gave Levy a list to work on and Levy did the chasing and signing.

I cannot see any manager of note putting up with Shebby signing the players, and him being the fall guy if the players aren't up to it. As for relying on Keans tactics, well that's one of the major problems.

That's the point isn't it. This system works well in Europe but has never worked in this country. Can anyone seriously imagine a Mark Hughes, a Big Sam or a Mick McCarthy being prepared to work under these conditions? Many of the players that Shebby has bought/recommended to the club are for the long term but managers are judged in the short term. If the manager buys the players and they don't come up to scratch then the manager, rightly, should carry the can. However, if a director of football is buying the players and they don't come up to scratch it is still the manager who usually gets fired. I suspect if Kean was removed we would struggle to get a decent replacement. Anyone of note would want and expect to be in control of their own destiny and that would mean the owners have to completely rethink their strategy - always assuming they have a strategy.

That's the point isn't it. This system works well in Europe but has never worked in this country. Can anyone seriously imagine a Mark Hughes, a Big Sam or a Mick McCarthy being prepared to work under these conditions? Many of the players that Shebby has bought/recommended to the club are for the long term but managers are judged in the short term. If the manager buys the players and they don't come up to scratch then the manager, rightly, should carry the can. However, if a director of football is buying the players and they don't come up to scratch it is still the manager who usually gets fired. I suspect if Kean was removed we would struggle to get a decent replacement. Anyone of note would want and expect to be in control of their own destiny and that would mean the owners have to completely rethink their strategy - always assuming they have a strategy.

Shebby did say at KGH that he wasn't manager because that would mean he could be sacked. I suspected at the time that, although a joke, it wasn't far from the truth.

The fact is if Kean goes, then so too must Shebby, in order to get a decent manager in place.

As for Venkys, there's no point having a plan b, if you don't have a plan a to begin with.

it worked incredibly well at newcastle.

pardew didnt make any of the signings, but they all came good. Combination of good manager and great recruitrment

Last throw of the dice by Kean. So far he has been 100% loyal to Pune, which they must value to have put up with him, but now he is turning on how they are choosing to run the club, he's trying to protect his CV for when he gets turfed.

A few bad results or Rhodes not gelling and scoring and he'll be gone I reckon.

The sad thing is though, who would work under shebby and the chicken circus?

You'd be surprised how much people tend to ignore for a few £.

There would be no shortage of decent managers, should we finally rid ourselves of Weaselboy.

Archived