BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

http://www.bbc.co.uk...mment_113623100

This article is ****** me off as the BBC downrating of comments isn't working .... and there are plenty of clowns that have commented on there that need downvoting.

Some of the comments on there are unreal. This one from a Roves fan stood out for me.

"I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt...new season new start...second chance. We've spent the most money (don't know why we didn't last season) so we should get promotion. If not, no excuses he should go."

The benefit of the doubt? New start? Second chance? He's had about five second chances now. Where have these people been for the past three seasons? What is it that they aren't seeing? We seem to have so many fans who just turn up on Saturdays, watch the football, but have no interest in what goes on at the club for the other six days of the week behind the scenes.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is most certainly evidence which raises all kinds of questions about legality and propriety.

The problem is, it is a huge step from looking at the numerous bits of evidence from multiple sources and saying "it is obvious A owns BR" to the Football authorities actually feeling confident they can take action, especially as they are essentially owners' clubs.

Some of the comments on there are unreal. This one from a Roves fan stood out for me.

"I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt...new season new start...second chance. We've spent the most money (don't know why we didn't last season) so we should get promotion. If not, no excuses he should go."

The benefit of the doubt? New start? Second chance? He's had about five second chances now. Where have these people been for the past three seasons? What is it that they aren't seeing? We seem to have so many fans who just turn up on Saturdays, watch the football, but have no interest in what goes in the club for the other six days of the week behind the scenes.

A lot of that is down to them not knowing what is happening. Not going onto various websites such as this. There knowledge based on what they see on the pitch and read in newspapers.

A lot of that is down to them not knowing what is happening. Not going onto various websites such as this. There knowledge based on what they see on the pitch and read in newspapers.

What they've seen on the pitch should be a bloody 'nough!

Honestly some fans need their heads smacking together (not you Pafell - the idiots who post the stuff which Roy highlighted).

You're right. It just seems that we have a huge amount of supporters of that mindset.

There is most certainly evidence which raises all kinds of questions about legality and propriety.

I think its time to stop claiming this unless you can actually present this evidence of illegal activity. A dossier has been presented (one which I'm minded to think you played a big part in drafting), lets see what the authorities, lawyers and police think.

Just shows what a shambles it is at the moment. There is obviously political infighting going on and Kean is trying to distance himself from the latest bad decisions to avoid the sack. I am sure that selling players on at a profit is far more of a priority than success on the pitch.

Keans just paying his latest doos the self preservation society, Its the fact that Mrs, Desai cant see through his BS that really makes me sick!(or chooses not to see through it).

I think the main reason Shebby(and vineteh in the past) are doing the player recruitment is simply because they dont trust Kean with money(and rightly so!, imo).

I think its time to stop claiming this unless you can actually present this evidence of illegal activity. A dossier has been presented (one which I'm minded to think you played a big part in drafting), lets see what the authorities, lawyers and police think.

Extract from page 25 of my new copy of Agents, Rovers & Cricket loving owners,

"When you see the fans of the two most successful clubs in British football protesting against their club's owners it should start to register that something is not right here. It wasn't until football's problems landed at my clubs door however that it hit home how rotten top-level English football has become. There is so much easy money to be had that football now seems to play second fiddle to making money and things are only going to get worse."

This is so true. You and I as fans don't matter. So long as a small number of individuals can bleed cash from the club. I hope there is proof somewhere that people have crossed the line, and that leads to them to be at least forced out of the club we love.

I'm not sure what Kean's trying to achieve with these 'I've never seen them play'' comments but one thing I do know is he's made himself look like a complete tool by saying them.

Maybe he's had enough and is virtually begging to be sacked(and given his giant golden handshake) or on the other hand he could be letting other managers know what managing rovers currently entails(scaring them off) OR he really is that thick.

I really want these new players to become superstars for us now.

1) it means that the club is (probably) doing well,

2) these stupid back-covering comments backfire on Kean.

He's an absolute slimy weasel with no redeeming features and I go anywhere near the club whilst he's there.

Didn't at least Sandomierski come over for a trial, what did Kean do just ignore the kid?.. and both him and Rosodo apparently have very good reputations for younsters.

Why yes. He's a goalkeeper - part of the last line of defence. "Kean" and "defence" should never be put together, unless in a court of law.

There is no way Kean's comments about the Portuguese players go in his favour.

He is either saying "if you want a Manager to walk all over, I'm your guy", or

"this is my excuse when I rightly get sacked".

Given the link to his old boss, I don't believe Kean for a minute.

I'm still not overly convinced that this is all Shebby's doing. Two more Portuguese players, factoring in Kean's second language is Portuguese (well, that's actually questionable, given his first language is pure BULL, but you get the idea) makes me think he's involved in some form.

Exactly.

Also Kean is reputedly well up the Special One's back passage, figuratively speaking...

Archived