BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

I have to say having spoken to Philipl on a number of occasions I would believe his theories than some on here although a lot can't get their heads around his theories one thing that comes out especially with the PL and other meetings with the authorities he is a very articulate chap and certainly asks the relevant questions.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way were going to get rid of him is when his contract expires, if it's next summer (can't remember off the top of my head) and he gets us promoted then what are the odds on a big fat 5 year deal on mega money?

We could all spontaneously give him a bottle of the finest Scotch. Preferably launched simultaneously from the top tier Jack Walker stand.

Heard he likes a drink or four.

We could all spontaneously give him a bottle of the finest Scotch. Preferably launched simultaneously from the top tier Jack Walker stand.

Heard he likes a drink or four.

Wouldn't work, remember his famous my drink was spiked m'lord speech, he doesn't know what Whiskey or Vodka tastes like as he's never drunk them

Bottom of the league.... New improved contract for Kean.

Relegation costing them £30m at least, his position is never in question.

Yet people still say "it could just be incompetence and lack of footballing knowledge"

How likely is that from a group of people that run a successful global business? very unlikely.

Yet people still say "it could just be incompetence and lack of footballing knowledge"

How likely is that from a group of people that run a successful global business? very unlikely.

A lot depends on what temp contract JA organised for Kean. It seems very likely that Kean got a new deal through avoiding relegation in the 10/11 season but he didn't half get his feet under the table quickly, it was blatantly always plan A.

In my opinion, Kean should never have been given the job because it was a huge task and a lot of pressure to be put on the shoulders of someone with zero experience in management. However, if Venky's made the decision to gamble on Kean working out then you would expect that they would give him a proper chance.

Last season, while we can obviously lay the blame at Kean's feet, we also acknowledge that it's Venky's failure to invest and inability to communicate effectively or stop unrest that contributed to our relegation and poor performances. Forgetting all the Kean conspiracy theories, and doesn't matter if they are true or false, there was a lot put on Kean to manage and the owners provided him with very little support. In fact, it seems that he barely even had a say in transfers with those being completed by people like Simon Hunt and Vineeth Rao.

I'm not trying to sympathise with Kean's plight here, but surely that is a reasonable explanation for why Mrs D has decided to stick by him through this season as well?

The fact that we are now hearing noises from the Venky's camp that Kean's time is limited and there is an expectation on him to perform now or he will be shown the door, suggests to me that after their lack of support to Kean last season, they have now provided him with more than enough transfer funds to strengthen the squad and installed Shebby in to assist him and provide better communication, so won't accept any excuses this time around.

That's my take on the situation anyway.

In my opinion, Kean should never have been given the job because it was a huge task and a lot of pressure to be put on the shoulders of someone with zero experience in management. However, if Venky's made the decision to gamble on Kean working out then you would expect that they would give him a proper chance.

Last season, while we can obviously lay the blame at Kean's feet, we also acknowledge that it's Venky's failure to invest and inability to communicate effectively or stop unrest that contributed to our relegation and poor performances. Forgetting all the Kean conspiracy theories, and doesn't matter if they are true or false, there was a lot put on Kean to manage and the owners provided him with very little support. In fact, it seems that he barely even had a say in transfers with those being completed by people like Simon Hunt and Vineeth Rao.

I'm not trying to sympathise with Kean's plight here, but surely that is a reasonable explanation for why Mrs D has decided to stick by him through this season as well?

The fact that we are now hearing noises from the Venky's camp that Kean's time is limited and there is an expectation on him to perform now or he will be shown the door, suggests to me that after their lack of support to Kean last season, they have now provided him with more than enough transfer funds to strengthen the squad and installed Shebby in to assist him and provide better communication, so won't accept any excuses this time around.

A very balanced and sensible post.

Any self-respecting individual that had to work under those circumstances you describe would have walked months ago, simple as that for me.

If someone came in and told me how to do my job, controlled all aspects of my role and hamstrung me to the point that I could no longer deliver, I’d resign, but not this idiot.

Gravy train, that’s all he’s interested in, and the thick boys from Pune will ensure he’s comfortable for the rest of his days, despite being completely inept in every department.

Disgusting :angry2:

I can see where you are coming from and the thinking, however you are missing some key points which I have listed a few of these below, there are many more but just off the top of my head.

• Never got the job on merit, I think it is pretty obvious why and how he got his first ever managerial job.
  • Drink driving – in additon, speculation that he might have an alochol problem following bust ups in hotels and in Germany with a Sky Sports reporter.
  • Constant mistruths, mis leading the media but more importantly the fans – his deserved pay rise after nearly getting the club relegated the season before last and now earns over £1 million a year. One day nothing on his new contract but as news leaked (I heard about this from someone in the industry), the club had to release a rushed statement. Kean was also boasting about this new contract to people in the game, what a man.
  • ‘The video’ which was shameful and an embarrassment – winning the Carling Cup and us finishing in the top ten plus slagging off a former manager – his comments on Sam go against what he said publically following his initial bizarre appointment as manager.
  • Claimed not to have fallen out with a series of players including Salgado, Nelsen and Nzonzi – fall outs which were clearly to the detriment of the team (but not Kean).
  • Junior 24 hours new contract.
  • Cardiff cup game.
  • Stupid comparison comments on players - Dennis Irwin, Myles Smalling, and David Rooney Goodwillie etc.

There is more too but I don’t have all day - aside from being an awful manager, he has also brought the club into disrepute through his actions. It has been one disaster to another for Kean and subsequently the club.

• Backroom

Agreed John, no sympathy for Kean from me. Every action he's taken since he's been put into the position of manager smack of a man who knows he's untouchable. He's made a rod for his own back so many times in his tenure it's beyond the point where he can be given any reasonable excuse.

John, all of those are great points. I guess the question is how many of those got back to the Venky's and how many they think are serious ones?

I honestly believe that he will get the sack if he fails to perform this season. If his excuses worked last season they won't again.

Ideal scenario is he gets us promoted and his contract isn't renewed and we hire a proper manager instead. We can only dream.

I have to say having spoken to Philipl on a number of occasions I would believe his theories than some on here although a lot can't get their heads around his theories one thing that comes out especially with the PL and other meetings with the authorities he is a very articulate chap and certainly asks the relevant questions.

But as things stand that is all they are theories. If they were more than that, we have to ask, why have none of the football authorities done anything. Maybe for the simple reason there is no evidence.

Philip may well be right. He could be the worlds best speaker etc etc.

But without evidence of any criminal activity by the owners or 'others' involved with them, they still remain theories. We are left with only two possible explanations.

1/ Venkys are either so incompetent beyond words. Got sold a dream, ripped off by all sorts of people. Totally niave with regards to business, football etc etc.

Or

2/ They are so clever to be able to operate in an illegal manner, with all sorts of other people involved, agents manager etc etc. Without leaving a shred of evidence against them. But when the football authorites / media have looked at various issues, yet found nothing. We are left with theories, possiblities, speculation, gossip, scaremongering etc etc.

But without evidence, there is no action that can be taken by any legal body.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...mment_113623100

This article is ****** me off as the BBC downrating of comments isn't working .... and there are plenty of clowns that have commented on there that need downvoting.

The timming of this is interesting. Shebby currently away in Malaysia. already laying the blame on shebby shoulders by saying they are all shebby's choice of players.

The positives are that they appear to be trying to repair the damage they have caused.

We should all want BRFC to be successful no matter what the circumstances.

How Venkys have damaged this club is a matter of conjecture. However, how are Venky's trying to repair the damage? Have they brought in strong and experienced managemengt team? Have they replaced the team manager who got the club relegated? Have they strengthened the scouting system? Have they spent wisely in the transfer market? No they have added a couple of unproven Kean cronies on the admin side, brought in a comedian as 'Global Advisor, retained the services of the worst manager in the history of the club, spent silly money on an unproven strker who the manager doesn't want and bought a disproportionate number of Portuguese players.

Everyone wants BRFC to be successful unfortunately it won't happen as long as Venkys are the owners.

Yep having a dig at Shebby and lining up an excuse to do what he has done to other players he didn't apparently sign..

Whats the betting he refuses to play them (like Simon) just to have a go at Shebby?

Then of course he gets to play his regular sympathy vote with the press.. look at me I am having players forced on me blah blah blah....

Didn't at least Sandomierski come over for a trial, what did Kean do just ignore the kid?.. and both him and Rosodo apparently have very good reputations for younsters.

How Venkys have damaged this club is a matter of conjecture. However, how are Venky's trying to repair the damage? Have they brought in strong and experienced managemengt team? Have they replaced the team manager who got the club relegated? Have they strengthened the scouting system? Have they spent wisely in the transfer market? No they have added a couple of unproven Kean cronies on the admin side, brought in a comedian as 'Global Advisor, retained the services of the worst manager in the history of the club, spent silly money on an unproven strker who the manager doesn't want and bought a disproportionate number of Portuguese players.

Everyone wants BRFC to be successful unfortunately it won't happen as long as Venkys are the owners.

Nothing.

No.

No.

No.

And why does everyone seem to be so quiet when they leave?

Even Berbetov had a pop at fergie this week after his move. Some of our players must have been treated far worse than him and have not made a peep since they left.

This article is ****** me off as the BBC downrating of comments isn't working .... and there are plenty of clowns that have commented on there that need downvoting.

Haha, another "sack him not me" plea from our wonderful manager.

It's not right that the manager isn't choosing the players but knowing Kean I wouldn't give him the money to buy a packet of smarties.

Kean is protecting himself two ways:-

1) He can say to Desai that underperformance is due to Singh's poor choice of players

2) If he does get fired (please God!) then when he applies for a new job he can say his record is not as bad as it appears due to transfer interference

Also, plausibly, he could use this as a pretext to him "walking out" due to interference, and try to sue Venkys for constructive dismissal for his compensation. Probably unlikely though.

Kean says that the young players brought in from Portugal were identified by Shebby and that 'we feel as though we can improve any player that comes to the club'.

This is consistent with Den's explanation that Venkys did not want a proper manager but a coach and that their strategy is to bring in young players on the cheap, give them to Kean to develop and then sell them on at a profit.

Whether this will be successful is another question, of course. I don't think they have actually sold for a profit any of the players which they have recruited. In fact, I believe they may have made a small loss on Petrovic and Yakubu.

Nothing.

No.

No.

No.

And why does everyone seem to be so quiet when they leave?

Even Berbetov had a pop at fergie this week after his move. Some of our players must have been treated far worse than him and have not made a peep since they left.

They are paid off to say nothing I guess. They all (chicken lovers, fat head kean etc,) know they have broken rules/laws so payinmg people off to keep their mouths shut isn't much of a leap.

Archived