BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A part of the key phrase people seem to have missed 'I've not seen them play LIVE' which would indicate that he's seen the videos of them which is how a lot of managers view players these days (once they've been recommended by scouts etc.). It's simple, Kean is giving himself an excuse but anyone with a bit of nous won't miss the subtlety.

I also don't think he quite liked having to say, effectively, the Shebby comments were over and done with. His face and body language were very interesting...

Last throw of the dice by Kean. So far he has been 100% loyal to Pune, which they must value to have put up with him, but now he is turning on how they are choosing to run the club, he's trying to protect his CV for when he gets turfed.

A few bad results or Rhodes not gelling and scoring and he'll be gone I reckon.

EIT I hope you are right about Coco getting the boot. As for his CV would anybody touch this slimeball? I can't imagine any owner taking him on as a manager after his atrocious record with the fans and on the field of play. I cannot believe that any manager would take him on the coaching staff after he royally shafted BFS. So unfortunately this odious little scrote will hang on for grim death.

Steve Clarke is currently working as head coach at West Brom under sporting and technical director Dan Ashworth. Good results so far.

I just can't believe Steve Clarke, or any other manager would work the way that Venky's work, Jim. I simply don't accept that Steve Clarke would stand by and accept a handful unknown portugese kids who aren't up to it being thrown at him for first team use.

Some clubs across Europe do use DOF's that's for sure, but the situation we have where the DOF is an asian TV pundit with no previous experience - supplying a coach with no previous experience is not comparable in any way to any other club, anywhere in the world. It can't be, can it? At the clubs where this does work, I'm sure the coach and manager work together in identifying where the squad needs strengthening, then the coach carries on with his errr... coaching. Seems like Shebby talks to agents and Kean has to work with whoever turns up on the day.

I just can't believe Steve Clarke, or any other manager would work the way that Venky's work, Jim. I simply don't accept that Steve Clarke would stand by and accept a handful unknown portugese kids who aren't up to it being thrown at him for first team use.

Some clubs across Europe do use DOF's that's for sure, but the situation we have where the DOF is an asian TV pundit with no previous experience - supplying a coach with no previous experience is not comparable in any way to any other club, anywhere in the world. It can't be, can it? At the clubs where this does work, I'm sure the coach and manager work together in identifying where the squad needs strengthening, then the coach carries on with his errr... coaching. Seems like Shebby talks to agents and Kean has to work with whoever turns up on the day.

No thats the point i was about to make.

Its all good and well having a big name ex pro with a good knowledge of the game selecting and visiting players. Profesionally approaching them which is impressive for the target as they will have respect for the ex pro.

What is any decent player going to think if mickey mouse knocks on their door?

Kean said last season he did not chose the players. I think we had a situation last season, that somebody at the club was asking fans about players on facebook. Now we are having a TV pundit chose players, again not kean. So it is obvious kean is not trusted to chose players and has never been trusted to do so (Which also kills off Kean may own part of the club rumours - after all if you part owned something, you would want some input)

Basically Kean is just a puppet for the owners and certian agents

In my opinion, KEANSCUM coming out the way he has shows there are issues within the club and he is getting a dig in whilst Shabby is off on his travels. It is a clear attempt to undermine SS and shows there is a massive divide between them.

What next, SS coming out and offering his own view ?

I dont think for one minute SS is looking at the managerial side on a personal basis but it is fuel for him to want to make further attempts at ousting this little idiot from the club. I find it incredible that the likes of Agnew and Shaw are not coming out and addressing the issues of the missing supporters, the missing finances and the partnerships and sponsorships. It really is an amateurish effort by all concerned.

Once KEANSCUM is removed the club will have a feel good factor return through the supporters and then through the club itself.

Once they realise KEANSCUM epitomises the problems at hand then it will get better.

KEANSCUM OUT

I have just had a brainwave. Does anyone know how much it is to purchase advertising space on the boards inside the ground? Could we not register a ltd company called something along the lines of Kean Out Ltd or KOVO Ltd and get it plastered on a billboard with the action groups web address underneath? Just a thought I had earlier

The one thing to remember about Shebby, is that as a pundit he has been moving in the circles of top international Managers for 18 years so he probably has a roladex to match anybody's.

Of course, it is one thing to do a telephone interview with Shebby, quite another to saying yes to joining the headless chickens.

The one thing to remember about Shebby, is that as a pundit he has been moving in the circles of top international Managers for 18 years so he probably has a roladex to match anybody's.

Of course, it is one thing to do a telephone interview with Shebby, quite another to saying yes to joining the headless chickens.

Whats a roladex?

a DOF isnt really a problem, if he and the manager can work together. A manager will often look so get something going, within a short or medium long timeframe, whereas a DOF is someone who also plans for the future. If they can somehow combine their targets, which involves getting in players who can make an immediate impact and a few for the future, then all is fine, but if the DOF just buys without any input from the manager, then its almost impossible to get such a situation to succeed.

The fact kean hasnt seen them live, is a sign of the fat illegitimates lazyness.

What a slimey moron Kean is!! We have started the season without loosing a game (albeit in the league), we have spent more money in the transfer window as we have done in years, we have the makings of an exciting squad with a mixture of youth & experience

Yet I cannot bring myself to get excited, I just cannot stand this guy!!

Well Henning Berg doesn't believe this is how a DOF should work.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9913508.Berg__concerned__at_Blackburn_Rovers__recruitment_policy/

What makes this situation even worse, is that Singh isn't a DOF. He's a friend of the family brought in to do whatever he wants.

Do we believe for one minute that this Shebby Sting has actually influenced any of these lads to come to Ewood Park in the first place.

It looks like this Shebby Sting fellow has been thrust into the limelight, using Glen Mullan along the way, to cover up for the mickey mouse agents who are the ones that are executing the shockingly poor recruitment drive of players to Ewood Park at the moment.

How many mickey mouse agents do Rovers have though along with Keano that are cleverly using the Indians and Shebby as a foil or the fall guy(s) to sucker us all.

Do we believe for one minute that this Shebby Sting has actually influenced any of these lads to come to Ewood Park in the first place?

Seems pretty obvious Jal that some/one portugese agent is reaping the benefit of our advisor to the globe believing there's plenty of talent in the lower leagues of the globe he's advising.

Wasn't sure where to ask this but this thread seems like the most suitable...

Does anyone know how the new signings did in the practise match that against Wrexham that supposedly took place yesterday I think...Kean mentions it in an interview on Teamtalk when he says he had never seen Henrique play.

Please don't get my hopes up that sycophantic serial bull merchant snail Kean might be gone soon.

In any case it would be like having your leg covered in gangrene and cutting your toes off.

Who's really behind these moves, how much money was involved and into whose pockets has it gone?

The whole thing stinks.

What, all those top international managers in that hotbed of football they call Malaysia?

He's nobody. Google him and you get little apart from Blackburn-related jokes and stories.

Actually, his wikipedia page claims that former Shrewsbury manager Graham Turner says he was 'top class' in a friendly some years ago, so I guess he has at least one English name in his "roladex".

Can't remember word for word, but at the open meeting Shebby did imply that all eventualities were being covered, (with reference to the managerial position).

I see Keans position becoming more & more untenable. Lucky results this season have kept him here thus far.

In all honesty though who would come to the mad house?

There is a saying "better the devil you know."

We may be the exception.

Confused? I am.

Could you elaborate on this please? I've been trying not to listen or look at Kean for the past few months and am enjoying it immensely.

His facial expression changed significantly to one where you could see underlying anger hidden by the words he used. He shuffled about from arse cheek to arse cheek like someone was sticking needles into each one consecutively. Clearly an uncomfortable moment for him. I think it shows someone who is not happy with the situation as he feels like the control has been wrested from him. He's an angry man.

Archived