BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Grzegorz Sandomierski

Exactly!

According to Wiki :

Grzegorz Sandomierski (born 5 September 1989) is a Polish football goalkeeper, who currently plays for K.R.C. Genk. He has also made three appearances for Poland.

Sandomierski's career began at Jagiellonia Bialystok, starting in the reserve side from 2006. He played in four games and then was loaned out to Lech Poznan. He made two appearances in the third division, after which, he returned to Jagiellonia. In the 2007–08 season, due to an injury to Jacek Banaszy. Sandomierski made his début in a first league match with Cracovia in which he conceded two goals. By the end of the competition, he appeared in four other matches. Sandomierski then sustained a serious injury which excluded him from the game for half a year. In January 2009 he was loaned to Ruch Wysokie Mazowieckie, where he played as first choice goalkeeper. Prior to the 2009/2010 season, he returned to Bialystok. Sandomierski got his chance for Jagiellonia after Gikiewicz suffered a poor run of form.During his time at Jagiellonia, for six matches in a row, Sandomierski kept a clean sheet. His streak lasted 564 minutes, a club record, and ended in a clash with Ruch Chorzów.

Racing Genk

In August 2011, Sandomierski signed a five year contract with Belgian champions K.R.C. Genk, as a replacement for Thibaut Courtois.

Looks decent - 6ft 5 too so a big unit, especially when he seems quick off his line

Going off what Nicko was saying, looks like Norwich about to overpay to get Bunn off us, so direct replacement for him!

Overpay? 1 Million or so for Bunn is NOT overpaying in my books. Wouldn't even pay MGP's wages for a year, for a lad that could be a proper keeper. Goalies are really underrated on the market, in my opinion. Crucial to a team.

As to the lad...off the video highlights (never enough to judge, but still) nothing special. He does come off his line well there, and seems to get down quickly for a big lad, but this seems to be down to him going low as soon as a shot is taken. It's like he knows low shots are a weakness of his so he overcompensates and goes down too quickly. This could be exposed by shrewd outifts, if the video is speaking true. And to be honest, well over half the saves on that video...if a keeper of ours let them in, I'd be really angry with them. Most were easy...weak or predictable shots. Could count the special saves on one hand.

Here's his record for last season 2011/2012, was on the bench for 18 games for KRC Genk in the Belgium First division , but made 15 appearances (on loan? ) for Jagiellonia Bialystok in the polish 1st division , was on bench for Poland in the Euros, and on bench for KEC Genk Champions League campaign http://www.transferm...55263_2011.html

Apparently he has had a medical at Everton in the past.....or had some tests done there or something.......he has previously been linked him with Chelsea, Inter Milan, Utd, City, Spurs, Celtic and Swansea.....Chelsea apparently scouted him when playing for Poland.

Some comments from around the internet -

Sandomierski possesses great refelexes and aeriel abilities. He is also highly athletic and will use his whole body to protect his net. He is excellent in 1-on-1 situations. He is said to be one of Poland's most talented goalkeepers and a natural leader in the making. He has played for all of Poland's youth sides and represented his country in 3 friendly matches. uefa.com have named Grzegorz Sandomierski in the top 10 of the players who could potentially shine at Euro 2012.

Sandomierski has a future, I can see it

(From football Manager although people who watch the players designate the attributes)

Strengths:

jumping, fitness, strength, kicking, aerial ability, handling, reflexes, rushing out, throwing,

Weaknesses:

anticipation, concentration, bravery, composure

Gregory Sandomierski club broke the record - he did not let the goal 554 minutes in the league. This is one of the best results in the history of the Polish Ekstraklasa. He was then awarded the title of Player of the Month (October 2009).Even more award met him in December 2010. weekly "Football" award honored him in the category Discovery of the Year . This is the first such honor for a player Jagiellonia the 90-year history of the club.

Not heard much of him, but I do know a Polish lad on another Football forum I visit often is in absolute love with him and see's him as the most promising Polish keeper of the moment, ahead of Kuszczak.

I honestly do not understand the fascination with the goalkeeper. He had a very successful six months and that's it. Then very uncertain keeper.

I know they say 'if you don't ask, you don't get', but i just can't see why we are attempting to sign Lambert. He is absolutley crucial to Southampton and having spent his entire career in the lower leagues, this is his opportunity to mix it with the best. It just seems to be yet another waste of time.

Not heard much of him, but I do know a Polish lad on another Football forum I visit often is in absolute love with him and see's him as the most promising Polish keeper of the moment, ahead of Kuszczak.

I wouldn't trust a Polish lad who thinks 30 yr old Kuszczak is their second most promising keeper, when they have 22 yr old Arsenal's first choice keeper and PSV's 25 yr old first choice keeper in their ranks..

I know they say 'if you don't ask, you don't get', but i just can't see why we are attempting to sign Lambert. He is absolutley crucial to Southampton and having spent his entire career in the lower leagues, this is his opportunity to mix it with the best. It just seems to be yet another waste of time.

Maybe, as he may drop down the pecking order if they sign the lad from Bologna, bench warming in the Prem or bumper pay day in Championship, nah! he'll stay put. Where's it leave Sharp though if he does stay 4th choice at best.

why are we wasting money on a keeper when we have jake kean who could prove to be a good understudy, what must the lad be thinking? this money should be going on more urgent areas of the pitch

I agree, why waste money. The chances of Kean and Robbo being injured at the same time is slim. Plus also in the championship you are allow to get keepers on emergency loans if needed. If I was Jake Kean I would also be asking for a transfer if this lad is signed as kean would again be pushed to 3rd choice.

why are we wasting money on a keeper when we have jake kean who could prove to be a good understudy, what must the lad be thinking? this money should be going on more urgent areas of the pitch

He's cheap(ish) and keeps the money flowing in various avenues in and out, not imo that is a good thing for the club but good for some

Don't want to ###### on people's chips, but the article says he couldn't break into Genk's first team?

What chance does he have with a championship club?

Genk? Don't they play in the Champions League sometimes? They won the Belgium League a year or 2 ago, I remember reading about De Bruyne and Hyland in that team.

Yea they did, and I remember them playing Chelsea last season. As well as Samba, Warnock and Friedel couldn't get into Liverpool's side....he's our back up keeper anyway and is apparently good enough for the Polish national side.

Don't want to ###### on people's chips, but the article says he couldn't break into Genk's first team?

What chance does he have with a championship club?

Genk are a decent club and he's a young keeper so you can't read anything into the fact that he's yet to win the number one spot there. Shay Given couldn't get into our side and he ended up being one of the best keepers in the Premier League. With young keepers you never know and you have to hope that our scouts have had a look and think that he has a lot of potential.

Look back a couple of years and see where Joe Hart was. Friedel. The list is long.

Archived