SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Truth of The Situation

TBTF

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stats suggest otherwise Chris. According to some scribe in the LT:

season ending '99 [ relegation season] we averaged 25773.

The following season in the lower tier [a season where we finished mid table] we averaged 19253.

Last season ending 2011 relegation season] we averaged 22551 [down from c2500 pre Venky's]

This season we are averaging 13400.

How is that explained?

That would suggest c5,000 have gone because we got relegated, because 6,000 buggered off last time, and c4,000 because of the regime.

The 5,000 would of course also include the difference in the average away followings

The truth of the situation is this, we are top of the league (fact)

We have arguably, if they played the majority of games, four stikers with the ability to score 20 goals per season (fact)

On the flip side, we are not playing very well (fact)

We are very poor defensively (fact)

We have a number of aging players in midfield positions who are bereft of pace (Fact)

We are managed by Kean who is tactically inept and unable to organise the team correctly (fact)

Now given the above facts, as an opposition manager, I am sure those facts will have been noted, even Barnsley knew to get the ball wide against us as we are in most cases, too narrow, without pace and unable to provide proper cover to either full back, this is where I feel the problems will arise as teams will already have found us out, you may not be able to stop Rhodes or Gomez, but you can stop their supply line and hit us on the break, this has been evident to date, we are unable to defend the counter attacks!!

That would suggest c5,000 have gone because we got relegated, because 6,000 buggered off last time, and c4,000 because of the regime.

The 5,000 would of course also include the difference in the average away followings

Yes, and the bottom line is that

Pre Venky's average - c25000

this seasons average [so far] - 13,400.

That's 12000 paying fans per home game missing, that would have been there apart from the Raos decision to employ Kean.

That's 12000 paying fans per home game, missing.

in coco speak they are just on holiday and will be back soon

That's 12000 paying fans per home game missing, that would have been there apart from the Raos decision to employ Kean.

It would be better to talk attendances last time we were in this awful division. Not much better, I know, but saying 12,000 is a massive exaggeration. We are also now in a financial crisis. Lot's of factors but plenty aren't here because of Venky's. Just not 12,000 of them.

It would be better to talk attendances last time we were in this awful division. Not much better, I know, but saying 12,000 is a massive exaggeration. We are also now in a financial crisis. Lot's of factors but plenty aren't here because of Venky's. Just not 12,000 of them.

Nothing exagerated at all about my post Braddock. They are facts.

Nothing exagerated at all about my post Braddock. They are facts.

12,000 fans lost only because of Venky's?

That would be like blaming the 6,000 lost when we first dropped out of the Prem solely on Jack Walker.

I've no doubt they are responsible for many fans leaving, but if we are dealing with facts and facts alone, then you cannot claim to have them.

Kelbo, on the other hand, was actually dealing with facts.

Were you after a standing ovation, or was tis just a copy and paste job from the other thousands of posts like this?

And an irrelevant one to ask. I've not disproved any past rumours, it's not my job to. In the end, they all disproved themselves.

Now, what is your point? I suspect there isn't one.

You're becoming a crank Batman, we all enjoy an alternative view, but one with substance please, not one that tries to beat the speed posting record!

That would be like blaming the 6,000 lost when we first dropped out of the Prem solely on Jack Walker.

I've no doubt they are responsible for many fans leaving, but if we are dealing with facts and facts alone, then you cannot claim to have them.

the venky's are in charge allegedly, the buck stops with them for allowing coco to relegate us, no relegation = no lost supporters

the venky's are in charge allegedly, the buck stops with them for allowing coco to relegate us, no relegation = no lost supporters

Yes Yoda, agreed.

They have the power to make ALL the decisions because they are the owners.They just happened to have made thousands of bad 'uns in the last 2 yrs and hardly a good 'un.So the buck stops with them whichever way you want to dress it up.They appoint, they dismiss, they promise ,they lie to us.They treat our fans like sh1te and disrespect what Jack helped build.

There are accessories in there for sure -but they are the only ones with the ultimate power and therefore ultimately it is their failings that have killed the Club.

Would we have been relegated last season with Allardyce?

Last season did happen you know, just because Kean and Aggers say its time to move on doesn't wash it away.

Stats suggest otherwise Chris. According to some scribe in the LT:

season ending '99 [ relegation season] we averaged 25773.

The following season in the lower tier [a season where we finished mid table] we averaged 19253.

Last season ending 2011 relegation season] we averaged 22551 [down from c25000 pre Venky's]

This season we are averaging 13400.

How is that explained?

Thanks for spelling out the real numbers den.

Clearly Venky's lunatic carry ons are driving the fans away by the thousands.

It would be better to talk attendances last time we were in this awful division. Not much better, I know, but saying 12,000 is a massive exaggeration.

Nearly 21,000 average crowd last time we were in this league braddock,many games well over 20,000 including an attendance of 29,500 v Huddersfield.

Massive exaggeration?....we now couldn't realise those crowds again if we opened the fookin gates for free!!

Nearly 21,000 average crowd last time we were in this league braddock,many games well over 20,000 including an attendance of 29,500 v Huddersfield.

Massive exaggeration?....we now couldn't realise those crowds again if we opened the fookin gates for free!!

SG 194, Its no good quoting facts to braddock, the coco groupie

Wasn't the Huddersfield game for a fiver when we were pushing for promotion late on? Not totally representative example

You're becoming a crank Batman, we all enjoy an alternative view, but one with substance please, not one that tries to beat the speed posting record!

I agree, and my initial point was that the original post, and in turn this thread, is just a regurgitation of the last 18 months. Why do people just post the same sh!t every day? We're not even allowed to enjoy victories anymore, even if we are aware of all the club's troubles at the same time.

Pathetically, my last statement is now the "alternative" view, as ridiculous as that is.

Wasn't the Huddersfield game for a fiver when we were pushing for promotion late on? Not totally representative example

There were similar offers affecting last season's 22,000 average in an upwards direction so I think it can be said like for like.

There are ways of getting in Ewood for free at the moment but nobody is shouting about them.

There were similar offers affecting last season's 22,000 average in an upwards direction so I think it can be said like for like.

There are ways of getting in Ewood for free at the moment but nobody is shouting about them.

Yes, it goes like this 'If you write a nice letter saying how good Kean is, you can have a free ticket to the game' !!

Archived