BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys want either Shearer or Sherwoodas next manager

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless I've missed something, why Klinsmann?

I can't help but get excited by the prospect of Shearer.

If you believe the rumors on twitter, Kilnsmann was allegedly one of the managers Shebby Singh approached to take over Kean. The others are Sherwood and I think McCarthy.

Considering financially we could be screwed if we don't get promotion, don't you think an experienced maanger would be a more sensible option?

Without a doubt. Why would we risk having another period like those under the likes of Kean, Ince or Kidd,

What about them ? Get your wedge on Trevor Francis, the odds will be astronomical.

Trevor was a fantastic player and underrated manager. I do take your point he is a bit old so maybe they could get a younger coach to work alongside him. Paolo Wanchope springs to mind. Would be a great double act.

http://www.thesackrace.com/job-centre

List of managers out of work

Next Blackburn Rovers Manager Odds

• 4/1 Tim Sherwood
  • 10/1 Alan Shearer
  • 10/1 Brad Friedel
  • 12/1 Harry Redknapp
  • 16/1 Dave Jones

I'd take any of the above, though Shearer would be the riskiest and Redknapp the safest (but likely most expensive) choice.

Holloway would be my number one choice and it would take Blackpool out of the game. Think we could get him. Hoddle's a good mananger but been out of the game for a while. I think Sherwood would be good but not sure if we have much time to give him, he would need to come in with someone like Joe Jordan and if he did then we would be looking really decent...

Has to be Redknapp for me, if we can get him then it has to be him. He may not be the most popular choice among supporters but he is certainly the best man for the job and those London rags would go apeshit over how to deal with the conundrum

Shearer? No way, he's no manager, his heart wouldn't be in it - remember him messing Cardiff about? No thanks.

Can't warm to Redknapp, he;s dodgy and he wouldn't take it anyway.

Keegan? No.

Curbishley has never appealed to me, but I guess he is better than Kean for sure.

Sherwood I wouldn't be unhappy with. di Canio I think would do well also.

Please not Dowie.

I find the comparisons between Ince and Sherwood laughable. There is no comparing the 2. One is articulate and apparently very respected in the game, the other is Paul Ince.

Ince came from MK Dons having previously worked at Macclesfield. Nothing wrong with working your way up in the game but had he been earmarked as a top future manager he would've surely been approached by a prem/championship club to join the coaching staff?

I'm surprised that nobody is having a panic over Brad Friedel becoming manager with him at no 3 with Bet Victor. For me - he is more comparable with the Ince appointment - Brad has no experience at all.

Archived